Atmosphere at Today’s Game (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Brilliant support from the fans. It was clear that Luton trawled their fan base from far and wide as they didn’t seem to know how to sing..is this harsh? To me, there were 26000 people who didn’t really know how to support their club.

Luton fans need to decide what color they should wear at big matches. White and Orange is not a pretty sight. Maybe time for a new colour main kit?

The sea of Sky Blue was a sight to relish.

The stream of fans down Wembley way after the game was a credit to the club.

Hobo

I was on half way line so Luton to left Sky Blues to the right. Both set of fans were good I thought. I thought it was a good atmosphere around whole ground inside stadium.

mmttww

We were really poor I thought. Tryna get anything going in 133 was like pulling teeth. We have the best support in the land but it does get diluted a lot on the big occasions
It was frustrating in block 133.

Harry

Brilliant support from the fans. It was clear that Luton trawled their fan base from far and wide as they didn’t seem to know how to sing..is this harsh? To me, there were 26000 people who didn’t really know how to support their club.

Luton fans need to decide what color they should wear at big matches. White and Orange is not a pretty sight. Maybe time for a new colour main kit?

Luton messed up by giving season ticket holders six tickets each and they brought people with them who never go to matches. Meanwhile all the fans that cant get season tickets but do follow them couldn't get tickets

shmmeee

I was in 550 and the rows around me seemed to be constantly singing, I agree that if we got any higher we'd have been able to touch the space station, it was a good view though.

Yeah around me was fine, was more it was hard to hear behind the goal or the other side.

Captain_Slackbladder

One thing about grounds these days and especially Wembley yesterday I don't like is the way it feels like you are in a very loud disco right up until kick off and immediately afterwards too. It completely stops any atmosphere being built before the game and also I am pretty sure we would have had a great defiant round of PUSB at the end, but it is impossible with that amount of decibels on the speakers.

I agree, we struggled to get big songs going. Frustratingly there were clearly a fair amount in there who weren't that bothered about the game, also some very young kids just playing on ipads etc which is frustrating when some supporters would have given a right arm to be at the game.

Have experienced it with big crowds at Wembley before with City when
a.) Your core of support gets diluted
b.) Just the time lag at Wembley and size of the crowd making it hard to get a big song going.
Never going to be as strong as 3000 away at a big night game somewhere.

Pubs and tube up from Central London were great though!

pusbccfc

We were really poor I thought. Tryna get anything going in 133 was like pulling teeth. We have the best support in the land but it does get diluted a lot on the big occasions

It's not that. It's the acoustics at Wembley. We were sat 135 and could only just hear the drum.

We were still loud and far louder than Luton. Their own fans even saying it.

djr8369

Was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere. It was good in snippets but so many people who aren’t regularly at games and such a big stadium it was impossible to get coherent song going. There was often 2-3 different songs going at the same time, or the same song twice and not in sync.

That and there not being much on the pitch to get behind made it difficult.

eastwoodsdustman

I was i 134 and sung on my own virtually.
Bloke behind me asked who the number 6 taking the penalty was.
2 familes next to me were obviously out for a day out and were steaming. Went 20 minutes before h/t back 15 minutes after and must have gone the loo about 6 times when they were in the stand. Woman sparked up a fag. Lost one of their chavlets.
There was a fight 3 rows back and another with stewards the row in front after we scored over a flair which led to a woman steward running off crying.
I’m so glad these big days are few and far between.
I fucking hated it.
And the worst thing is that I genuinely believe we would have won that had the ‘fans’ lifted the team in the second half. Im not blaming everyone but everyone was too spread out to get a concentration of proper support behind the lads today.

Enjoy the bank holiday everyone😄

slowpoke

Thought the atmosphere in our end was good prior to the start, team didn’t start well went a goal down, struggled to get much forward impact and our lot got a bit subdued until we equalised. Bit silly to compare with the Luton lot I’m sure they will have thought they were loud.

djr8369

I was i 134 and sung on my own virtually.
Bloke behind me asked who the number 6 taking the penalty was.
2 familes next to me were obviously out for a day out and were steaming. Went 20 minutes before h/t back 15 minutes after and must have gone the loo about 6 times when they were in the stand. Woman sparked up a fag. Lost one of their chavlets.
There was a fight 3 rows back and another with stewards the row in front after we scored over a flair which led to a woman steward running off crying.
I’m so glad these big days are few and far between.
I fucking hated it.
And the worst thing is that I genuinely believe we would have won that had the ‘fans’ lifted the team in the second half. Im not blaming everyone but everyone was too spread out to get a concentration of proper support behind the lads today.

Enjoy the bank holiday everyone😄
I was hoping the fan base would be enough to give us the edge but yeah the atmosphere never got to what it could have been.

Sky Blue Harry H

Was in Block 231 - wasn't too bad where I was (felt sorry for the little lad aged about 8 in front of me, sobbing his eyes out after Dabo missed, and the realisation hit him; his slightly older sister also upset, trying to comfort him. Found myself tapping his shoulder and saying 'Don't worry, we'll be back'

Last edited:

CV22SBA

Sounds a bit like sour grapes to be honest. I didn’t think the atmosphere was any special from either fans. I also thought it looked great at both ends with the colours. You watch the FA Cup final next week it will look shite and Man City wont probably sell out.

Macca

To be fair a game as big as that saps the energy and the last thing on most peoples mind is organising a sing sing

Johnnythespider

Very little singing up by me in 547, not a patch on the atmosphere at the CBS and if the two brothers who came to blows in the row behind are reading, grow up lads

Sussex Boy

Brighton fan in peace with a massive soft spot for Cov. I wouldn't worry too much about the atmosphere. It was the same with us a few weeks ago at Wembley against United. Wembley is renowned for being a really hard place to get songs going. Usually only 1 or 2 songs from a club's repertoire end up working - for us it was our "Aaaalbion" chant, for you it was PUSB. Add into that ticketing policies and tension and it adds up to not being reflective of a fanbase.

Also, it may sound weird but I don't think flags necessarily help. We had flags too and whilst it looks incredible both in person and on the TV, I'm not sure it helps the singing posture of fans. For example, at kickoff people are busy waving their flags, rather than adopting a normal singing posture of both arms outstretched in the air.

For what it's worth, from the TV you were a lot louder than Luton from start to finish.

Last edited:

Ian1779

The celebration in Block 135 was insane when we scored. Will never forget it.

Johnnythespider

To be fair a game as big as that saps the energy and the last thing on most peoples mind is organising a sing sing
I thought it was muted all day, even seemed quieter at the Green man than last time, don't suppose the later kick off and all the drinking in the sun helped.

MTK

There was an amazing sense of occasion yesterday. Very moving. But I didn’t think the atmosphere was great in terms of lifting the players. Lots around me didn’t sing despite some fans trying really hard to get songs going. Even longer songs like twist and shout that you should be really able to get going didn’t seem to catch on. And so many continually going up and down to the concourse. I honestly questioned whether they were really there to watch the match at all.

djr8369

Most fans had either been drinking in the sun too long (or like us) had been in a hot car for over three hours and barely had time to get into the spirit before kick off. Frustrating day in that sense.

Macca

I thought it was muted all day, even seemed quieter at the Green man than last time, don't suppose the later kick off and all the drinking in the sun helped.

Heat played a big part but just the magnitude of the game to. It’s one thing getting excited about songs in a run of the mill league game but yesterday was way more intense

djr8369

There was an amazing sense of occasion yesterday. Very moving. But I didn’t think the atmosphere was great in terms of lifting the players. Lots around me didn’t sing despite some fans trying really hard to get songs going. Even longer songs like twist and shout that you should be really able to get going didn’t seem to catch on. And so many continually going up and down to the concourse. I honestly questioned whether they were really there to watch the match at all.
Fans really need to get into the idea of buying tickets through their account or getting them assigned to it. So many there yesterday who hadn’t been to any games yet so many missed out on tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread