Atmosphere at Today’s Game (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

Hardly heard any singing from where we were in Wembley, on the City side. Occasionally heard the grunts of ‘uh uh uh uh’ which is the well-known noise ‘come on Luton’

Macca

There was an amazing sense of occasion yesterday. Very moving. But I didn’t think the atmosphere was great in terms of lifting the players. Lots around me didn’t sing despite some fans trying really hard to get songs going. Even longer songs like twist and shout that you should be really able to get going didn’t seem to catch on. And so many continually going up and down to the concourse. I honestly questioned whether they were really there to watch the match at all.

The team flattened the fans though to be honest with their half arsed approach first half

Johnnythespider

There was an amazing sense of occasion yesterday. Very moving. But I didn’t think the atmosphere was great in terms of lifting the players. Lots around me didn’t sing despite some fans trying really hard to get songs going. Even longer songs like twist and shout that you should be really able to get going didn’t seem to catch on. And so many continually going up and down to the concourse. I honestly questioned whether they were really there to watch the match at all.
Some of them weren't

SBT

The pre-match atmosphere around Wembley itself left a lot to be desired - the fan zone looked dire and it was a nightmare getting a drink in most places.

Inside the stadium it’s the usual problem of getting the whole stand singing the same song (I assume it’s close to impossible) but it was incredibly loud…..my tinnitus was raging last night. Celebration for Gus’ goal was phenomenal.

slowpoke

I have to agree with your last bit I was in an end of row seat and the constant trail of fans up and down the gangway was ridiculous and not just adults kids too coming back with grub etc but then the Wembley no drink and food policy doesn’t help but probably makes them a load of dosh on catering.

EalingSB

Was in Block 231 - wasn't too bad where I was (fely sorry foe the little lad aged about 8 in front of mr, sobbing hise eyes out after Dabo missed, and the realisation hit him; his slightly older sister also upset, trying to comfort him. Found myself tapping his shoulder and saying 'Don't worry, we'll be back'
We were in 233 and tried to get a few songs going. Some caught in our area but didn’t travel. Decent up there pre-match.

MTK

Fans really need to get into the idea of buying tickets through their account or getting them assigned to it. So many there yesterday who hadn’t been to any games yet so many missed out on tickets.
I think this is a really good point. I’m going to make sure regular fans I know that attend regularly but don’t have season tickets or pay on the gate understand why it’s good to have a supporter number and try and buy in advance. And use the friends and family thing to have their tickets assigned to them, even if they don’t buy them themselves.

djr8369

I think this is a really good point. I’m going to make sure regular fans I know that attend regularly but don’t have season tickets or pay on the gate understand why it’s good to have a supporter number and try and buy in advance. And use the friends and family thing to have their tickets assigned to them, even if they don’t buy them themselves.
Something the club should promote before the season starts

Tile Hill Phil

Its just always so hard at Wembley as songs get lost and out of time

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Yeah agree with that. Wembley is so big it’s hard to get everyone singing in unison. By me there were little pockets of different songs going. We generate a better atmosphere when we’re all jammed together in one area

PVA

As others have said it can be quite difficult to create a good atmosphere because of the sheer size of the place.

That being said the noise was incredible at times. I remember thinking how loud it was when Luton scored. And when we scored I think that was the most mental I've gone at any goal, it was carnage and very fucking loud.

SBT

Fans really need to get into the idea of buying tickets through their account or getting them assigned to it. So many there yesterday who hadn’t been to any games yet so many missed out on tickets.
It doesn’t matter how many fans set up their own accounts if ST holders get allocated more than one Wembley ticket and decide to bring daytrippers.

mrfr

Up where I was in 532 the atmosphere was pretty good - plenty of singing, lots of noise, marred a bit by the usual bellends who showed up off their faces and at risk of losing their septum’s, but that’s par for the course these days sadly.

the stadium is not great for carrying a song, and The tension yesterday was pretty unbearable for long spells. Given all of that I thought the crowd was decent.

Flying Fokker

Sounds a bit like sour grapes to be honest. I didn’t think the atmosphere was any special from either fans. I also thought it looked great at both ends with the colours. You watch the FA Cup final next week it will look shite and Man City wont probably sell out.
na. Not sour grapes. where we were the atmosphere was good. Our Sky Blue looked better. In my View Luton fans should have gone in their home kit. That needs s revamp imo. Perhaps theif fans think so? They should kick on from here. PUSB

Flying Fokker

Up where I was in 532 the atmosphere was pretty good - plenty of singing, lots of noise, marred a bit by the usual bellends who showed up off their faces and at risk of losing their septum’s, but that’s par for the course these days sadly.

the stadium is not great for carrying a song, and The tension yesterday was pretty unbearable for long spells. Given all of that I thought the crowd was decent.
536 the same

David O'Day

133 had too many non regular fans so was hard to get anything going

it also had a bellend who split an old fellas open and then threatened to kill the guys son when he to offence to this

Last edited:

Grendel

covmark

Yeah I was in 531. Decent atmosphere and plenty of lads trying to whip up the fans into some songs.
Had some bellends scrapping near us, and others having a go at other fans for not being as vociferous joining in with songs. Daytripper bollocks etc.
When we scored, wow, fucking mayhem.
Never celebrated a goal so much.

mmttww

133 had too many non regular fans so was hard to get anything going

it also had a bellend who split an old fellas open and then threatened to kill the guys son when he to offence to this
Wondered what the f*ck was going on behind us. All about a spilled drink? jfc Bloke who was being held back by his mates was in such a state.

mmttww

Tbf I've watched a few vlogs now and all you can hear is our fans in the luton ones
Wembley seems weird. It's like you can't hear noise unless it's further away from you. Feels and sounds quiet in your own block. Almost discourages you from singing. Then you see and hear other blocks are in on it, try and join in, end up out of time! Still convinced we did a good job with us all spread out. People tried to do what we could.

Terry_dactyl

Was there a bit of trouble at the game? At one point it seemed that there might’ve been…I was in block 529. Seemed to be some scuffling in the block across from me. Although there were no stewards/police to be seen.

LastGarrison

The whole day seemed a bit more subdued than the last couple of times.

We were in The Arch and there was a few songs but no great atmosphere.

The atmosphere in the ground was alright, just don’t think the game helped it out much and particularly the first half.

Fysnkysc

Brilliant support from the fans. It was clear that Luton trawled their fan base from far and wide as they didn’t seem to know how to sing..is this harsh? To me, there were 26000 people who didn’t really know how to support their club.

Luton fans need to decide what color they should wear at big matches. White and Orange is not a pretty sight. Maybe time for a new colour main kit?

The sea of Sky Blue was a sight to relish.

The stream of fans down Wembley way after the game was a credit to the club.
I’m pissed I didn’t wear my sky blue top I wore the black one from this season even though I had 3 sky blue tops with me

Flying Fokker

I’m pissed I didn’t wear my sky blue top I wore the black one from this season even though I had 3 sky blue tops with me
Unlucky, It’s just a minor thing really. But putting that Sky Blue shirt on and ‘being’ with the masses is a bonus.

letsallsingtogether

I was on the second tear sounded shit from both sides for most of the game thought we edged it though.

Flying Fokker

It was unbelievable. Not had the guts to see any of our highlights even though I saw the Carlisle match on TV today. Softening myself up in the hope that I may watch the highlights.

Sky Blue Pete

It was unbelievable. Not had the guts to see any of our highlights even though I saw the Carlisle match on TV today. Softening myself up in the hope that I may watch the highlights.
Consoling myself watching Leeds Leicester and Everton fans crying at relegation.

Users who are viewing this thread