Atmosphere at Today’s Game (2 Viewers)

Ashdown

It’s not easy to get the support to all sing together. Around us there were obviously a lot of part time fans. People either on a big boozing day out and totally pissed and missed quite a bit of the game fetching more beer and other hangers on who had acquired tickets and were proud to dig out their 8 year old City shirts from the last time they went 🙄

San Francisco

548 was generally flat except a few songs here and there. It was mainly me, my brother, and the fellas and kids around us starting songs and keeping it lively but most around us just seemed content to sit down and remain silent as if they were watching the cricket.

548 was generally flat except a few songs here and there. It was mainly me, my brother, and the fellas and kids around us starting songs and keeping it lively but most around us just seemed content to sit down and remain silent as if they were watching the cricket.
549 was banging. In fairness I was as loud as possible as soon as I could tell what we were singing

DannyThomas_1981

I loved it and couldn’t be more proud of the team and our fans. Loved the pre match videos and even the DJ - easily pleased!

One thing I can certainly tell you - in 40+ years of watching this Club - I’ve never gone more mental or felt more emotion in the crowd than after Hamer’s goal. Lifetime memories right there that I fortunately was able to share with close family.

We go again next season with the best management team we’ve ever had.

oakey

Block 231.
Two blokes next to me + 2 blokes and one woman in front of me, left at least 3 times each, separately, presumably for a piss or they had the shits in each half and extra time.
One nearly got decked when he wanted to wander across us then stop to watch as we had the ball in their box just after our goal.
Don't drink so much if you can't take it.

Ashdown

Really sums it up, you can just tell the ….I hate to use the term….but day trippers , fucking jibbering, pissed, constantly leaving their seats, only know ‘ Sky Blue Army’ and IOCH’s …..flag collecting, don’t know the players , weak bladdered, over reacting……I think I’ve said enough .
At least they were Cov fans from Cov generally……spoke to quite a few people clutching Luton flags all evening and everyone to a man said they were actually neutral but had got a ticket from a friend of a friend 🙄

SkyBlueCharlie9

We had 3 lads next to us who were so drunk they could barely see and sat drinking in stand all first half !!! Then in front of us a drunk couple with a totally bored 2 and 4 year old who couldn't see as everyone was stood up.

Flying Fokker

I loved it and couldn’t be more proud of the team and our fans. Loved the pre match videos and even the DJ - easily pleased!

One thing I can certainly tell you - in 40+ years of watching this Club - I’ve never gone more mental or felt more emotion in the crowd than after Hamer’s goal. Lifetime memories right there that I fortunately was able to share with close family.

We go again next season with the best management team we’ve ever had.
As we age, we seem to have less hot air/ go dizzy! that’s me anyway. What about the first leg vs West Ham in the League cup? 1980.

shmmeee

Block 231.
Two blokes next to me + 2 blokes and one woman in front of me, left at least 3 times each, separately, presumably for a piss or they had the shits in each half and extra time.
One nearly got decked when he wanted to wander across us then stop to watch as we had the ball in their box just after our goal.
Don't drink so much if you can't take it.

Oh fucking hell people that stop while shuffling down a row. Fuck off!!!

genuinely would have a “no leaving your seat block” fuck Premier package Id pay £500 for that.

Great_Expectations

We had 3 lads next to us who were so drunk they could barely see and sat drinking in stand all first half !!! Then in front of us a drunk couple with a totally bored 2 and 4 year old who couldn't see as everyone was stood up.

Hate stuff like that; why bring your children if you just plan to get pissed.

Have a few sure, but enjoy the day with the family.

Possibly sounds a bit judgemental based on an off hand comment, but saw a few examples of it on Saturday too and just instantly felt for the kids.

Milne Out

If it’s in your blood, it’s different
It’s all about the chanting. It’s all about how many we are bringing, or wondering how many they will bring. It’s all about going. It’s all about being at the match. Going up the City, or going away. When we watch highlights we want to see the away end almost more than the action . Before we see any of the game on Tv, we hope that when city score, that our away fans are behind the goal, so we see “us” celebrating.
We love it when we hear the city fans over the commentary or in the background on the Tv or radio. It’s tribal
Wembley is different. It’s an event
It’s not a cold wet Tuesday night away game, or one of those games with an edge to it , with the hatred of the opposition , or with someone like Villa , Leicester and now Sunderland , it’s not the team you hate, it’s their fans for some reason .We don’t believe that they are people like us . When in reality the ones we hate are exactly like us. They are bothered about their team. They follow the same rituals with the same passion we have.

Wembley is completely different.
There are a lot of different types of fans
For many it’s just a day out, like going to see Cold Play or Ed Sheeran. It’s just “nice”

Whereas We wake up at 5am. That’s if we can actually sleep. The length of the day doesn’t help. The logistics of how and when to get there , and where to go pre match . The dread of leaving and the queues . It all builds up . That’s not a normal feeling for a match. You won’t here many city lads at Wembley saying stuff like “when we were here to watch Take That”
We don’t normally have someone in front of us at a game with a jester hat, waving a flag like they’re lost at sea, and when bored of that they either eat drink or play on their phone.
The pressure aside, the annoyance of those who don’t sing, or that aren’t that bothered or invested … it’s still and was a great day

Nobody can take away the moment Hamer scored , and the celebrations afterwards.
when we forget about the day trippers , the result , the cost ! (We flew 2,000 miles), and the loss on penalties

The memory of the ball being pulled back and Gus slotting it away will live forever
That was a truly special moment
The roar when Luton scored did take me by surprise , but as a city fan, I KNOW that the noise they heard from their end when Gus scored , would have deafened them.

That roar was up there with the best of them

Woolly68

Got back yesterday afternoon and watched the whole build up and game again (recorded on Sky). Unlike some I thought the whole day was great, apart from the end result. I had no problems with trains into London, relaxed and enjoyable drinks before the game in London. Spoke to fans from all sorts of clubs, wishing us well. Tube to Wembley not too crowded. Good banter with Luton fans. Queue for a drink in the stadium could have been improved.

I thought the atmosphere and the colours from both sets of fans was impressive, especially the SBA. We were up near the top, 546 I think, and it was loud from up there. Plenty of singing up there. Coming back out and back into London was quick and had some food and another drink before we trained it back to Guildford. Back to the hotel for 11-30. Amazing day and will stick long in the memory. Not too despondent and think we will be strong enough to challenge for top 6. Like others have said, the Championship will be a strong league with some big name teams. I’m very excited about it.

The noise and reaction when Gus scored …… Wow!!! wont forget that in a hurry. I’m sure him and Vik won’t either.

Grendel

Hate stuff like that; why bring your children if you just plan to get pissed.

Have a few sure, but enjoy the day with the family.

Possibly sounds a bit judgemental based on an off hand comment, but saw a few examples of it on Saturday too and just instantly felt for the kids.

it didn’t start especially well at all - in the queue some bloke behind me was shouting at an old couple for being too slow - I said calm down man - he called me a c**t and told me to shut the fuck up - he was one behind me and I admit I took a “while” to get the ticket in the scanner as it was in my pocket - more abuse - he then barged past me and went through security and they had to get him back. I said to then he’s a menace swearing and shouting when kids are around. It transpired the kid behind him was his. I mean what hope is there

TomRad85

it didn’t start especially well at all - in the queue some bloke behind me was shouting at an old couple for being too slow - I said calm down man - he called me a c**t and told me to shut the fuck up - he was one behind me and I admit I took a “while” to get the ticket in the scanner as it was in my pocket - more abuse - he then barged past me and went through security and they had to get him back. I said to then he’s a menace swearing and shouting when kids are around. It transpired the kid behind him was his. I mean what hope is there
Definitely a member of the Facebook forum.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AJB1983

Problem with football is there’s always dickheads, even with children, especially when the fact it’s an ‘event’, the kick off time and travel arrangements allows for being all day on the piss.
For me, I never properly drink at the football especially with the children, didn’t at either Wembley game previously and Saturday only had 2 drinks in the fan

when the goal went in I thought the reaction was incredible. Happiest id been celebrating a goal for a while I think - even the semi final.
a collective sense of ‘we’re back in this now’.

starting to feel quite emotional about it all now, watching the video’s the club have put out (the season summary one is excellent), but I’d also encourage everyone to watch the goal on iFollow with Clive’s commentary - quite something really, especially with sheff going berserk in the background. Shame he didn’t get to call a winner…..
It’s all I’ve watched so far.
silly really given it’s only football, but it’s more than that, what we invest in it, sharing the joy and pain with your loved ones.

chiefdave

Oh fucking hell people that stop while shuffling down a row. Fuck off!!!

genuinely would have a “no leaving your seat block” fuck Premier package Id pay £500 for that.
Having had to move around a bit this year due to not having a season ticket I've found the OAP section is actually decent. Lower percentage of dick heads and not people constant going to the toilets to do lines

Obviously its not a raging atmosphere like in the corner so there's that trade off

DannyThomas_1981

As we age, we seem to have less hot air/ go dizzy! that’s me anyway. What about the first leg vs West Ham in the League cup? 1980.
I was there FF in 81 as a 10 year old and have talked about it for years. Loudest ever HR that night and it was a very big deal.

I guess Saturday and Hamer’s goal was even more special for quite a few reasons. I was lucky to be there with my closest family and friends. It was a play off final at Wembley to make it back to the top division. I never thought we would see that day as we fell down the leagues and possibly out of existence. The past 5 seasons truly have been my best seasons as a CCFC fan as we have fought back - never been more emotionally invested. In tears at times with pride over the last few seasons - not to mention how brilliant are fans have been.

Users who are viewing this thread