At what age did you all have kids? (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

35 and 37.

The feeling of being left behind has been common for me due to my lack of friends and sociability. Now I have a family that big gap has been filled but I still feel like I've done nothing career wise. I'm currently 37 and have little qualifications and in a job I detest. It always feels worse when you compare yourself to others.
Yeah that’s pretty much how I feel. Was chatting with my parents the other day , and they came out with a line which they didn’t realise was so hurtful at the time, as they are lovely people, was just a slip of the tongue, but they said they had given up hope on grand children, might aswell of just kicked me in the nuts

shmmeee

Just to add to the anecdotes: got two sets of mates who thought they couldn’t conceive, both told as much by doctors, one was at the final stages of adoption when she fell pregnant. Keep plugging away, you never know. Fertility is an area we don’t know much about it seems.

Terry Gibson's perm

31 for my first daughter, 35 for my daughter who died soon after birth, 36 for my eldest son and 39 for my youngest son (a bit of a surprise).

I am 45 and take them to school everyday I find a lot of the parents are around my age.

That’s it for us I have been snipped, my wife had 3 c sections and terrible pregnancies so the professor who looked after us for the last two said no more.

Astute

Bit personal but meh. For some reason it’s a bit taboo. Missus had two miscarriages, both last year, she really struggles with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, so reproducing is a massive uphill battle. I’m 27, she’s 24, we feel it’s the missing piece.
Just relax and let it happen. My wife has lost 7. She lost two when trying for our youngest daughter. We were in our 40's then. Then we had a little boy just over a year later. Worrying about it takes over your life.

Was 17 for youngest. 40 and 41 for last two. If my little boy was born 6 weeks later I would have had a kid in 4 different decades 🤯

SkyBlueCharlie9

33 and 35. Really wish we'd had them earlier....so I didn't get so fucking knackered so easily and because I wanted my late dad to see them grow up more. Still that's life I suppose. Early 30s seems to be the average nowadays.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Took me a while to work this lot out, but here goes:
17, 22, 24, 26, 27, 31, 33, 34.
First became a grandad at 40 and a great-grandad at 57. I'm now 67. Don't ask for ages of all grandkids , though! There are 17 of 'em and now 2 great-grandsons!
Did my bit for the population explosion!

olderskyblue

30 & 34

Astute

33 and 35. Really wish we'd had them earlier....so I didn't get so fucking knackered so easily and because I wanted my late dad to see them grow up more. Still that's life I suppose. Early 30s seems to be the average nowadays.
Not as simple as that.

Have them young and full of energy....you can see yourself missing out on freedom when you are younger.

My last two came as the grandkids started coming along. We are more secure in life. No more surprises on what can change with kids. Much more relaxed. And they keep me feeling young.

I will be retired with a 13 and 14 year old at home. Really looking forward to it. Lad will learn how to strip and rebuild a car and how to renovate a house whilst still fit enough.

shmmeee

27 and 30 for my 2 who are now 6 and 8. Got a boy and a girl. I'm lucky to have one of each and that is how it's staying.

Very lucky. I always wanted a boy (well you do as a bloke don’t you?) and had two girls. Now scared to try a third time in case I end up with three girls! :p

Skybluefaz

Very lucky. I always wanted a boy (well you do as a bloke don’t you?) and had two girls. Now scared to try a third time in case I end up with three girls! :p
Yeah I'm grateful. I guy I know ended up with 5 girls. I also have a friend who had two boys, wanted a girl and got a third boy. It's tough.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’ll probably be when I do to be honest. We wanted to get a house first, married second and kids at some indeterminate point but not right after getting hitched. Still want to travel places and do things you’d have to postpone with children.

bringbackrattles

Became a dad for the first time at 24. Then for the second time 28. A mate of mine became a dad at 16 , I was happy playing football at that age !

bringbackrattles

Took me a while to work this lot out, but here goes:
17, 22, 24, 26, 27, 31, 33, 34.
First became a grandad at 40 and a great-grandad at 57. I'm now 67. Don't ask for ages of all grandkids , though! There are 17 of 'em and now 2 great-grandsons!
Did my bit for the population explosion!
I had another son who died as a baby,so fathered 3 sons. Add to that 3 step sons and a step daughter, so a fairly large brood. Youngest popped round tonight, and he's now 36. Years have flown by !

Kneeza

Bit personal but meh. For some reason it’s a bit taboo. Missus had two miscarriages, both last year, she really struggles with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, so reproducing is a massive uphill battle. I’m 27, she’s 24, we feel it’s the missing piece.
That's sad.
But there's hope. My eldest suffers the same, and in fact lost an ovary completely in her early twenties. She obviously feared she wouldn't be able to have kids, but caught as soon as she tried and went through without problems. We now have two grandchildren (both Caesar section deliveries, but both without significant problems).
My younger daughter also has polycystic ovaries, but can't stand kids, and got herself a Pug instead. ;)

Kneeza

Oh, and to answer the OP, I was 32 for the first and 34 for the second.
My best mate, however, was nearl 50 by the time him and his young Spanish bride started...
He's now (a youngish looking) 70 and still picking up his third child from the English School gates near Valencia.
And yes, they probably think he's her Grandpa!

Sky Blue Harry H

I was 40 when I had my first son, 42 when I had my 2nd son and I'm a grey haired grizzly 49 now....and couldn't give a less of a shit what the young'uns on the school run think.....but I ain't joining in the dads race on sports day.

I was 2 weeks off being 47 when I had my lad. Sports day came around, and came second in the dad's race at the age of 51, to be greeted with 'Why didn't you win?':rolleyes:, Never been able to impress him since:ROFLMAO:

Edited - my wife just reminded me I was a year older than that (women never forget!)

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I was 2 weeks off being 46 when I had my lad. Sports day came around, and came second in the dad's race at the age of 50, to be greeted with 'Why didn't you win?':rolleyes:, Never been able to impress him since:ROFLMAO:
No pleasing them sometimes, eh?

rob9872

To be fair to the tricky winger 'glue foot' hodges, he probably beat the winner 3 times and ran around him, if only he'd passed 😂😂

Kneeza

I was 2 weeks off being 46 when I had my lad. Sports day came around, and came second in the dad's race at the age of 50, to be greeted with 'Why didn't you win?':rolleyes:, Never been able to impress him since:ROFLMAO:
'Came second' and managed two kids in your forties. You stud, you.
I'd just be happy at coming second.

Kneeza

Haha. Only one child, Kneeza. Ironically, on our 3rd round of IVF, my wife caught naturally during the start of the process - they even refunded our payment too. Win, win!
They all count at that age. We had our two grandkids round for a couple of hours yesterday.
I was bleedin' exhausted after that!

Users who are viewing this thread