Ask Neil (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg82

Yes, I've been posting about football for years and still do Nick. I just choose not to do it here. To you, that means I've no interest in football, because you can't see past this forum. There are other places to discuss games/players/tactics than just this place. I know it consumes your waking hours, and the fact that it doesn't consume mine means I'm less of a fan to you.

This is one of the weirdest sentences I’ve seen. You choose not to post about football, on a football forum, that you signed up to, on a section that is dedicated to Coventry City, who you support?

mark82

This is one of the weirdest sentences I’ve seen. You choose not to post about football, on a football forum, that you signed up to, on a section that is dedicated to Coventry City, who you support?

He's come on here to argue with Grendel. He has no interest in anything football related, they've just moved their little Twitter spat here. I don't know where either of them find the time or energy to keep up this carry-on.

Grendel

He's come on here to argue with Grendel. He has no interest in anything football related, they've just moved their little Twitter spat here. I don't know where either of them find the time or energy to keep up this carry-on.

He’s been on here before and his interest then was the club not supporting any community work and that wasps were putting more money into such things

Orca

He’s been on here before and his interest then was the club not supporting any community work and that wasps were putting more money into such things
My point from then still stands. I want the club to do more. I want the club to have a plan. The only thing we've seen is the oft derided "The Way Forward" article which is strangely still available on the club's website.

Last edited:

Orca

Yes. That's it in a nutshell. I had a good natter last night to two people who I attended the Ricoh with regularly who've taken up season tickets at STA. They've no real interest in the politics, and as I wasn't at the game last week, I was keen to understand which players stood out and how we played.

We talked about whether Godden would start and if Robins would change a winning team.

Orca

I'd generally no interest on being on here at all Mark until Grendel pointed out I'd been mentioned.

Orca

Yeah, you've mentioned this before. I've read some detail around this, but I'm interested to learn about how something was 'demanded'. Is it correct that all the other buyers wanted the stadium included as part of the deal and SISU were the only ones who were prepared to take on the club with them as tenants of ACL?

I see you're choosing to ignore this question then @Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

My point from then still stands. I want the club to do more. I want the club to have a plan. The only thing we've seen is the oft derided "The Way Forward" article which is strangely still available on the club's website.
I think that’s fair. My priorities as the trust would be to maximise the support to ccfc. Anything else is not a priority

However it is appropriate to put pressure on all parties

Sisu
Wasps
Council
Efl
Eu commission
Ccfc

To ensure there is a roadmap and timescale for a return to Coventry

Grendel

I see you're choosing to ignore this question then @Grendel

No I haven’t - they wanted a share yes but as I’ve said before they would have had a warm welcome with open arms from other councils who’d be keen to do business

Ours wanted the opposite as our council have done nothing to support the club for decades

Grendel

I'd generally no interest on being on here at all Mark until Grendel pointed out I'd been mentioned.

Well you briefly turned up in February with some random insult at Nick

NorthernWisdom

I have to say that even though I don't like the weird clique orca surrounds himself with on Twitter, he's spot on. It is time to see a long term plan and then some actual plans for a new stadium in Coventry.

Of course it is. We can revolve round blame all we like (and that has its place) but we need a constructive way forward more than anything.

Orca

No I haven’t - they wanted a share yes but as I’ve said before they would have had a warm welcome with open arms from other councils who’d be keen to do business

Ours wanted the opposite as our council have done nothing to support the club for decades

How would they have acquired this share? Gift or pay for it?

Sky Blue Pete

How would they have acquired this share? Gift or pay for it?
Many clubs - Swansea for instance were gifted it. Mutton and sepalla fell out and the rest is purely willy wanging. Council thought they could manipulate sisu and they were wrong. Lots of what sisu have done is an unmitigated disaster but the last 3 years not at all! Although everyone had failed ccfc for this season

Orca

I think that’s fair. My priorities as the trust would be to maximise the support to ccfc. Anything else is not a priority

However it is appropriate to put pressure on all parties

Sisu
Wasps
Council
Efl
Eu commission
Ccfc

To ensure there is a roadmap and timescale for a return to Coventry

I'd like a supporters body that's fit for purpose, but I also need the club and their owners to properly engage with them. Boddy has always been communicative and responded happily to questions I've posed him, but it needs to be widened to include the whole community of fans, including those disaffected by two moves away from the City.

mark82

I have to say that even though I don't like the weird clique orca surrounds himself with on Twitter, he's spot on. It is time to see a long term plan and then some actual plans for a new stadium in Coventry.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Think we can all agree on this.

mark82

I'd like a supporters body that's fit for purpose, but I also need the club and their owners to properly engage with them. Boddy has always been communicative and responded happily to questions I've posed him, but it needs to be widened to include the whole community of fans, including those disaffected by two moves away from the City.

The engagement is a 2 way thing though, the trust essentially cut themselves off from the club. They have gone along to the supporters forum meetings with other groups but engagement between trust and club hasn't been good enough from either side.

Grendel

But ACL wasn't for sale at the time, was it? Had a valuation been done?

The Higgs share was always available for repurchase back to the club and without the club it would have been worth nothing

Unfortunately the council were in awe of Daniel Gidney who had an absurd notion the Arena would rival the NEC as a venue

It’s well known Gidney thought the football club was a nuisance an an obstacle so at least Sisu were seen as less of a problem. It’s known they wanted a premier sports brand and that was not the club

RegTheDonk

...Today he's insisting every single person who didn't attend St Andrews last week did it as a protest, that Wasps broke off talks with the club when they found out about the EC complaint - despite their being a press release from Wasps on their website categorically saying that wasn't the case; that if Wasps allowed the club back the club would refuse to return and that the council offered their shares in ACL to SISU - something I don't think even the most pro-council supporters has ever claimed before....
So eveyone who would usually go didn't is down to protest?? That's absolute crap.

My family blame all the idiots for this situation, but not one of us wouldn't follow the team because of the politics. My bro and dad are Radford way and would usually go to the Ricoh, but St Andrews is a problem simply because of logistics . I'm the opposite - in the fact it's much easier for me to get to Blues. 20 mins from my house via a direct train to Boardlesy. Money is tight but when I've got a spare £30, I'll be supporting the lads more than I was able to before.

Seems he's ignoring the other facts you've listed Dave. Take it he's going to ignore Grendel's poll findings too?

Orca

The Higgs share was always available for repurchase back to the club and without the club it would have been worth nothing

Unfortunately the council were in awe of Daniel Gidney who had an absurd notion the Arena would rival the NEC as a venue

It’s well known Gidney thought the football club was a nuisance an an obstacle so at least Sisu were seen as less of a problem. It’s known they wanted a premier sports brand and that was not the club

There a bit of conjecture there Grendel, particularly about the football club being an obstacle. There's no evidence to suggest Gidney had this notion at the time of SISU's purchase.

SISU paid £1m for the option on the Higgs shares.

So back to your original point, how did the Council force the SISU purchase?

Grendel

So eveyone who would usually go didn't is down to protest?? That's absolute crap.

My family blame all the idiots for this situation, but not one of us wouldn't follow the team because of the politics. My bro and dad would usually go to the Ricoh, but St Andrews is a problem simply because of logistics . I'm the opposite - in the fact it's much easier for me to get to Blues. 20 mins from my house via a direct train to Boardlesy. Money is tight but when I've got a spare £30, I'll be supporting the lads more than I was able to before.

Seems he's ignoring the other facts you've listed Dave. Take it he's going to ignore Grendel's poll findings too?

He says my poll is not representing be as it’s not phone calls with peoples names. he asked me if I could poll fans if they think sisu should making a complaint to the Eu and then suggested I was being fed information by sisu

Grendel

There a bit of conjecture there Grendel, particularly about the football club being an obstacle. There's no evidence to suggest Gidney had this notion at the time of SISU's purchase.

SISU paid £1m for the option on the Higgs shares.

So back to your original point, how did the Council force the SISU purchase?

Ken Taylor took control of the process and though describing the bid as derisory it was considered the most appropriate. They would have considered selling ACL but demanded regeneration - well that went well.

It’s not conjecture at all about Gidney

RegTheDonk

He says my poll is not representing be as it’s not phone calls with peoples names. he asked me if I could poll fans if they think sisu should making a complaint to the Eu and then suggested I was being fed information by sisu
Straw clutching. I doubt the researcher doing an exit poll on election day demands that info, but they usually get it 99% right.
Happy to provide my details to you, as stated in another thread.

Orca

Ken Taylor took control of the process and though describing the bid as derisory it was considered the most appropriate. They would have considered selling ACL but demanded regeneration - well that went well.

It’s not conjecture at all about Gidney
I've only got your word for it on Gidney then.

So SISU was the most appropriate bidder. Best of a bad bunch. Blaming the Council for CCFC being sold to the 'most appropriate' bidder seems a bit of a stretch. We are where we are, and what they've done since then has been catastrophic.

Grendel

Straw clutching. I doubt the researcher doing an exit poll on election day demands that info, but they usually get it 99% right.
Happy to provide my details to you, as stated in another thread.

He cannot get away from the fact that in his mind those not going are all voting with their feet. I said if the club went to Plymouth I couldn’t go but my feelings on the actual issue remained unchanged

He said that there is no evidence she club want to come back to the Ricoh even short to medium term which is nonsense

Grendel

So SISU was the most appropriate bidder. Best of a bad bunch. Blaming the Council for CCFC being sold to the 'most appropriate' bidder seems a bit of a stretch. We are where we are, and what they've done since then has been catastrophic.

Most appropriate bidder in Coventry

Least appropriate in Swansea, Nottingham, Ipswich, Hull and Doncaster

The council in selling out to a London franchise made the biggest catastrophic decision regarding this clubs long term stability

NorthernWisdom

I'm fairly sure control of the process lay with the Co-op bank anyway. They'd lost patience, wanted to call it in, and had reached favourable terms with SISU for repayment. So it was either that, or admin.

Elliott, Robinson et al in their wisdom preferred SISU to admin. Again, I can only assume the terms were beneficial to creditors (which was Robinson really, with a bit of McGinnity) compared to the alternative. Someone wiser than me could explain why SISU never went for clubs in admin (our current MEP Rupert Lowe preferred admin to SISU, after all!)

Orca

I'm fairly sure control of the process lay with the Co-op bank anyway. They'd lost patience, wanted to call it in, and had reached favourable terms with SISU for repayment. So it was either that, or admin.

Elliott, Robinson et al in their wisdom preferred SISU to admin. Again, I can only assume the terms were beneficial to creditors (which was Robinson really, with a bit of McGinnity) compared to the alternative. Someone wiser than me could explain why SISU never went for clubs in admin (our current MEP Rupert Lowe preferred admin to SISU, after all!)

Even with administration, CCFC was unsustainable under the old, pre-SISU regime and certainly, Geoffrey wouldn't have got anywhere near the amount of money back.

Orca

Most appropriate bidder in Coventry

Least appropriate in Swansea, Nottingham, Ipswich, Hull and Doncaster

The council in selling out to a London franchise made the biggest catastrophic decision regarding this clubs long term stability

That's an entirely different matter though @Grendel, isn't it? So did the Council "force" the sale of CCFC to SISU or not? I say, not. Blame the Council for whatever you like, but they didn't force the sale of CCFC to SISU. As you said, they were the 'most appropriate' party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread