Arrogance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAFC

Yes. It didn't happen, but to suggest a League One side could beat another was definitely within the realms of realism.

Nobody suggested it. You were all adamant that you would win. A lot of back tracking going on here!

Joy Division

This Crewe lot have a real chip on their shoulder don't they. Arrogance maybe?

ajsccfc

Nobody suggested it. You were all adamant that you would win. A lot of back tracking going on here!

If there were people saying we'll definitely win, they were wrong.

Otherwise you're just trying to retrospectively lord it over people who were expectant of a good performance, which is quite desperate and hilarious in a thread complaining about Cov fan arrogance.

skybluelee

Don't generalise, I predicted 1-1.

Can't be arsed to read this 11 page thread but please tell me you have admitted somewhere you were fortunate last night? On any other night, a mismatch like that in terms of posession, chances, corners etc you lose at least 2-0. Fair play to your team though, we missed enough chances to win 10 games, you hit us on the break. Goals win matches.

It's slightly ironic that a thread started by you accusing City fans of being arrogant is filled by posts from you being as arrogant as any opposition supporter I can remember.

CAFC

No arrogance from us kid. We know our limitations. We know this tie ain't over. Has any Crewe fan said Wembley is sown up? Nope.

Just 'lording it' to you arrogant city types that expected to turn us over with ease. You had more shots, more possession etc, but we scored 3 times. You didn't score at all.

I personally think you still have a chance of progression. However, last night we did you. On the pitch and in the stands. That's a fact.

CAFC

Don't generalise, I predicted 1-1.

Can't be arsed to read this 11 page thread but please tell me you have admitted somewhere you were fortunate last night? On any other night, a mismatch like that in terms of posession, chances, corners etc you lose at least 2-0. Fair play to your team though, we missed enough chances to win 10 games, you hit us on the break. Goals win matches.

It's slightly ironic that a thread started by you accusing City fans of being arrogant is filled by posts from you being as arrogant as any opposition supporter I can remember.

Of course we were fortunate, where have I said we weren't. Counter attacking Football means you have to soak up pressure, and having luck on your side plays its part. However, we were clinical going forward, and you were inept at the back.

ajsccfc

Just 'lording it' to you arrogant city types that expected to turn us over with ease.

You're not, you're pretending everyone here was booking Wembley tickets to fuel you playing the 'told you so' card where it largely doesn't apply. Find the people who were actually doing what you're accusing of and tell them rather than making a bombastic thread about how this perceived arrogance has been shown up. Most people are sensible and have watched enough of Coventry City to know that no result is ever a formality.

skyblueman

OK CAFC yes can't argue you did us fair & square - 3 nil away that's a result you should be proud of I know I would

thanks for dropping by pal, be proud of your team that's what it's all about, be proud and celebrate the good times with your fellow supporters - that's where you should be now with supporters of Crewe - you'll have friends on there I'm sure, don't think you're going to make many on here I'm afraid :wave:

Ojprice

Banned
This Crewe lot have a real chip on their shoulder don't they. Arrogance maybe?

No, no chip. As I say we're a well run club on a sound footing both in football and financial terms. If anyone has a chip I'd thought it would be you lot, it's many a great club like yours that has gone to the dogs in recent years (Sheff Wednesday, Leeds, yourselves). It just amuses me that the trauma of years of sustained failure has manifested itself in this bizarre hysteria over the JPT, jesus an extra twenty thousand of you turned out!

skyblue4ever

CAFC just leave our forum and carry on with ur sad little life.
Fellow city fans - lets focus on the yeovil game as its a huge game in my eyes. Looking forward to getting back to winning ways.

CAFC

You're not, you're pretending everyone here was booking Wembley tickets to fuel you playing the 'told you so' card where it largely doesn't apply. Find the people who were actually doing what you're accusing of and tell them rather than making a bombastic thread about how this perceived arrogance has been shown up. Most people are sensible and have watched enough of Coventry City to know that no result is ever a formality.

There were multiple threads on here before the game saying how many you would take to Wembley. I don't need to dig them up, they will still be clearly visible. The forum was inundated with comments saying that you WILL win. Hotels had been booked by fans. Try walking before you can run springs to mind.

ajsccfc

It just amuses me that the trauma of years of sustained failure has manifested itself in this bizarre hysteria over the JPT, jesus an extra twenty thousand of you turned out!

I'd have thought anything that encourages attendance for lower league teams to be a good thing rather than a source of hilarity, but that's just my arrogance.

shropshirecov

No arrogance from us kid. We know our limitations. We know this tie ain't over. Has any Crewe fan said Wembley is sown up? Nope.

Just 'lording it' to you arrogant city types that expected to turn us over with ease. You had more shots, more possession etc, but we scored 3 times. You didn't score at all.

I personally think you still have a chance of progression. However, last night we did you. On the pitch and in the stands. That's a fact.

On the pitch and in the stands?
That was one of the most pitiful away followings I've seen since we've been at the ricoh! A mixture of gobby chav kids and trainspotters, Non league would've brought more. You did a job on us on the pitch last night fair play, but you're a pub team, always will be.

ajsccfc

There were multiple threads on here before the game saying how many you would take to Wembley. I don't need to dig them up, they will still be clearly visible. The forum was inundated with comments saying that you WILL win. Hotels had been booked by fans. Try walking before you can run springs to mind.

And in those threads plenty of people are telling others not to get ahead of themselves and inserting large 'IF's in the equation.

Hypothetical scenario- ahead of the second leg your forum is filled with sensible people who are largely and rightly predicting your progress but still a little wary that the job's not finished until it's over. A small handful pop up with 'where can we drink near Wembley' and 'who wants to buy a Crewe go to Wembley t-shirt', threads like that. Coventry win 4-0, and someone registers specifically to call you all overconfident and arrogant based on a handful of loudmouth idiots. That guy would be a dickhead.

Ojprice

Banned
I'd have thought anything that encourages attendance for lower league teams to be a good thing rather than a source of hilarity, but that's just my arrogance.

Of course, you're right, just having a bit of fun. I know our fans would take a place in the play offs over this though as I'm sure Coventry's would.

Ojprice

Banned
On the pitch and in the stands?
That was one of the most pitiful away followings I've seen since we've been at the ricoh! A mixture of gobby chav kids and trainspotters, Non league would've brought more. You did a job on us on the pitch last night fair play, but you're a pub team, always will be.

More satire?

ajsccfc

Of course, you're right, just having a bit of fun. I know our fans would take a place in the play offs over this though as I'm sure Coventry's would.

I'd take winning a pre-match coin toss if I'm honest. I'd just like something good to happen at some point...

LewSkyBlue

CAFC and any other Crewe fans, please do me a favour. Its nothing too big, its really quite simple.... IF, and its probably a big if. But IF we manage to beat you lot and go through to wembley, all i ask is you come back on here, suck it up and take it like a man. And my god i hope we give you's a pasting

ajsccfc

Do away goals play a part in this competition?

NOTE - I am not bullishly predicting a 4-1 away win nor have I checked Coventry-London trains on the date of the final.

Joy Division

Team in semi final of competition, fans talking about Wembley shocker. You lot have been to Wembley recently, we haven't been there in over 25 years of course we are going to talk about it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, it gave the impression of premature celebrations to me but maybe I took it wrong. Anyway, it's not over yet but, frankly, I'm more concerned with the league game coming up. All the best for the rest of the season.

I took it as an attempt to get a full house to be honest. Suffice to say if you'd had Dunn in goal it would've been a cricket score but that's life.

ajsccfc

The 'Iwillbethere' stuff was an attempt to get as many people excited and supporting the team as possible. Really nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread