Arrogance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybluesteve76

He's got a point to be fair. They did out sing us. We were arrogant about Crewe as a football club. They do seem to have the voodoo over us in recent seasons

Mr B

You deserved that. I'm sorry, but you really did. Like I kept telling you all, we wouldn't be overawed. Arrogance is not a good quality.

See you at Gresty Road.

Mate serously if it wasn't for your 'keeper and our poor finishing it would of been a different story!

skyblu3sk

Crewe boss Steve Davis admitted: “We led a bit of a charmed life and it could have been 5-3 but that’s what can happens sometimes.
“We set up to counter attack; we didn’t want the game to be too open because having seen them against Sheffield United on Friday we knew we couldn’t match them for attacking.
“We’ve got some pace and players who can take their chances; it doesn’t always work but it worked perfectly tonight.
“Our defending was excellent, our goalkeeper Steve Phillips was magnificent and we proved that we are a football team.
“We’ve got to think about the second game now because I’m not daft enough to get carried away Mark has got a very good side here and I’ve no doubt that they will be in the top six at the end of the season.”
Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...t-too-excited-92746-32755288/2/#ixzz2K6j4oQpc

Skybluestu82

Haha and you are all still at it. We turned up, we counter attacked the feck out of you, and our 'tinpot' fans sang the feck out of you. We are a proper club. You underestimated us.

See you at Gresty Road.

I think you are seeing this through Crewe tinted glasses, you got well outplayed, by far the inferior team on the night and you managed a few break aways.

Take a second to read your original post and then look what you are doing, pot...kettle....black??

Nick

Administrator
He's got a point to be fair. They did out sing us. We were arrogant about Crewe as a football club. They do seem to have the voodoo over us in recent seasons

Have to agree. It doesn't matter if we had 95 shots and they had 3, they scored 3 goals and we scored none which is the aim of football.

People are printing wembley t shirts and just expecting us to be there.

Ojprice

Banned
Listen, Coventry are a big club (too big to be getting quite so excited about the Jpt?) with a great history but there were a lot of crass comments about our club in the build-up to the game and you did get the feeling you were setting yourselves up for a fall. Especially when there was no appetite for this one among Alex fans. We are no mugs - we have sold two young players to the pl in the last year for a combined total of 8 million quid. Thanks to the footballing god that is Dario Gradi we have one of the best academies in the country and have developed the likes of David Platt, Neil Lennon, Rob Jones, Danny Murphy, Dean Ashton and Nick Powell to name just a few. The club has consistently over-achieved for the past 20 years and is flourishing in both football and financial terms and, I believe, we are deserving of some more respect. So I think the cocky articles in the Cov telegraph and daft youtube video released by the club carrying on like you'd already won were ill-advised.

Mr B

I'm looking forward to Crewe away in a few weeks, I want to see if they're so brave face to face because they seem so brave on the internet and i've never met one in real life.:confused:

Knuckle dragging moron, you going to make sure your best Adidas tracksuit is washed and pressed for that one? Don't forget your Scotty Dog chavvy MacBeth :jerkit:

Brighton Sky Blue

Listen, Coventry are a big club (too big to be getting quite so excited about the Jpt?) with a great history but there were a lot of crass comments about our club in the build-up to the game and you did get the feeling you were setting yourselves up for a fall. Especially when there was no appetite for this one among Alex fans. We are no mugs - we have sold two young players to the pl in the last year for a combined total of 8 million quid. Thanks to the footballing god that is Dario Gradi we have one of the best academies in the country and have developed the likes of David Platt, Neil Lennon, Rob Jones, Danny Murphy, Dean Ashton and Nick Powell to name just a few. The club has consistently over-achieved for the past 20 years and is flourishing in both football and financial terms and, I believe, we are deserving of some more respect. So I think the cocky articles in the Cov telegraph and daft youtube video released by the club carrying on like you'd already won were ill-advised.

The newspaper article is done for every game. The YT video struck me as a little cringeworthy but didn't seem presumptive of a result.

speedie87

The reason people were getting excited about the jpt was the prospect of Wembley rather the jpt itself.

Well we can still get there in the playoffs, and hopefully lessons will have been learnt from the Crewe tie.

Steve.B50

Due to being on crutches I sat in main stand last night rather than in block 16.
I thought the support for the City was great and could hear the whole Arena singing, was proud of the way we got behind the team, even if the main stand was boring as always.
The Crewe fans could be heard at times but only when quiet and as per all way support they had there moments. Just a real shame that the only empty seats were in the Crewe end.
I imagine the JPT people are dredging Crewe going through as it will mean them taking 10k rather than us filling Wembley.
Tin pot or not it was a good game lat night and feel we should have got something from it.

skybluesteve76

Agree about the cringeworthy video

Tommo72

Respect to Crewe for taking their chances......Cov have enjoyed plenty of smash and grab victories over the years.

I think the lack of respect perceived is more a reflection of the disappointment felt.......

Ojprice

Banned
The newspaper article is done for every game. The YT video struck me as a little cringeworthy but didn't seem presumptive of a result.

Well, it gave the impression of premature celebrations to me but maybe I took it wrong. Anyway, it's not over yet but, frankly, I'm more concerned with the league game coming up. All the best for the rest of the season.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

People get arrogance and confidence confused. We were confident we were the better team. Last night we proved it. It didn't win us the game; but the stats bear out the one-sided nature of the game.

It was a freak result, with the score not bearing witness to the game. It won't happen twice and this is a two-leg affair lest people forget

Joy Division

Let's be fair to the guy. Yesterday's result was the greatest night in the history of Crewe Alexandra, he's going to be more than a little happy.

Let's be fair to the guy. Yesterday's result was the greatest night in the history of Crewe Alexandra, he's going to be more than a little happy.

Absolutely right, their giant killing of a top flight club will go down in their history books, it's just something we'll have to live with.

Moff

Keep telling yourself that. Twice this season now. Don't think you have beat us in about ten years.

Talking of arrogance, see the post from Crewe fan Simon, to see the irnony of you calling us arrogant.

Oh and if we havent beaten you much in the past ten years its because more often than not we have been in a league above. Nob!

Ashdown1

People get arrogance and confidence confused. We were confident we were the better team. Last night we proved it. It didn't win us the game; but the stats bear out the one-sided nature of the game.

It was a freak result, with the score not bearing witness to the game. It won't happen twice and this is a two-leg affair lest people forget

I agree but believe that the 3rd goal was the killer, I can see us winning 2-1, 2-0 but not 4-0 ! We've been done by a combination of abysmal finishing, an inspired keeper and lady fecking luck !!

Joy Division

Sour grapes from a bitter Bertie more like.

It was meant to be a satirical comment about this whole arrogance thread. Didn't think for one second some dullard would take it seriously. :facepalm:

Ojprice

Banned
It was meant to be a satirical comment about this whole arrogance thread. Didn't think for one second some dullard would take it seriously. :facepalm:

Easy to make post-hoc, unverifiable claims of satire - these were exactly the types of comments from Coventry fans before the game 'tiny club, lucky to be playing at a ground like ours snore...'

ajsccfc

I didn't see much arrogance. There was excitement and confidence, but plenty of people were also pointing out that Crewe had beat us already and were more than capable of doing it again. There was that 'funny' newspaper column, but that's hardly a yardstick of anything bar the standard of local-level journalism.

ccfc92

Talking of arrogance, see the post from Crewe fan Simon, to see the irnony of you calling us arrogant.

Oh and if we havent beaten you much in the past ten years its because more often than not we have been in a league above. Nob!

also, I believe last time we beat them, we hammered them 4-1 and relegated them? don't really remember shitty teams like Crewe tbh, now thats arrogance ;)

Joy Division

Easy to make post-hoc, unverifiable claims of satire - these were exactly the types of comments from Coventry fans before the game 'tiny club, lucky to be playing at a ground like ours snore...'

Unverifiable? Ha ha :claping hands:

Stop taking everything so seriously.

CAFC

also, I believe last time we beat them, we hammered them 4-1 and relegated them? don't really remember shitty teams like Crewe tbh, now thats arrogance ;)

The last time you beat us was in the FA Cup. You have never relegated us.

ccfc92

The last time you beat us was in the FA Cup. You have never relegated us.

WE definitely beat you in the championship, and it either confirmed your relagation, pretty much confirmed. I seem to remember a swindon fan saying poor Crewe, and I replied saying yeahh we relegated them :wave:

procdoc

Haha and you are all still at it. We turned up, we counter attacked the fuck out of you, and our 'tinpot' fans sang the fuck out of you. We are a proper club. You underestimated us.

See you at Gresty Road.

Bore off, all your town is good for is trainspotting. You are a classless individual

Ojprice

Banned
WE definitely beat you in the championship, and it either confirmed your relagation, pretty much confirmed. I seem to remember a swindon fan saying poor Crewe, and I replied saying yeahh we relegated them :wave:

In 2005, we beat you 2-1 on the last day of the season in the championship, the following season we were relegated by Cardiff. We've not been in
the championship since. You're wrong about this I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread