Arma To Start Season At Newcastle (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

doesnt sound like rafa wants him for this season, which i dont blame him. rafa rep and career is gonna be hugely imapct by this 1 season, he needs promotion at all costs

let him get his CF in and then go in for AA, bring him back for 1 last season

chiefdave

I'm really sorry but he just won't come back here.

We can only hope.
Him starting the season at Newcastle could work in our favour. If other clubs Newcastle might put him out to get themselves sorted before he becomes available we might move up the list.

Still a long shot though.

Liquid Gold

What does he mean by start the season though, if he's there on 1st September then he's gonna be there till 1st January at least

no_loyalty

What does he mean by start the season though, if he's there on 1st September then he's gonna be there till 1st January at least

I'm guessing for the majority of August?

skybluetony176

Be nice to have him back. Can't see Newcastle sending him to a rival championship club so we have half a chance if he does go out on loan.

Bruce the Boot

It s if he wants to come back here , may want to test himself elsewhere .

Brylowes

I'm really sorry but he just won't come back here.

We can only hope.
It is unlikely, I think they'd be reluctant to loan to a team in the same league as them, however
if he's starting the season with them they may well be prepared to when they can see how the
League is panning out.
Not sure they would see much benefit of loaning to a league 1 club again. IMO

Gaz

Good luck to him at Newcastle
It's his club and I hope he can make a real good go there and break through.

He was never going to return to us in league 1

Maybe if we had gone up last season there might have been a chance of something.

Hobo

It was exciting and a pleasure watching Armstrong last season. Yes it would be great to have him back.

But I would love him to get his break at Newcastle and establish himself.

I watch football to see good football and watch good players. The English game needs British players to break through and establish themselves, it doesn't matter who the club is.

When our fans moan about who we sign or don't sign, I feel they should be supporting and have hope about some of our youngsters. Enjoy watching them develop and not expect too much too soon.

Pipehitterz

honestly why do people 100% believe he wont be come back here?
and why is it news that he'll start the season at newcastle?

we got 4 premiership loand in the first month of last season, so its hardly news
newcastle have spent £47 million so far, they wont use arma once this season as a first teamer
they probably wont loan him to a championship rival, why would they?

and seriously, is he the 'finished' article? he went half a season not finding the net last year, he needs some more learning experience, league one is full of clogger defenders that will possibly give him more learning potential than in championship

i would be surprised if he went to another league 1 club, he is quaranted playing time here

Speedies_Chips

Good luck to him at Newcastle
It's his club and I hope he can make a real good go there and break through.

He was never going to return to us in league 1

Maybe if we had gone up last season there might have been a chance of something.

I doubt it. Because if we had have gone up we would now be in the same league as them.

Gaz

I doubt it. Because if we had have gone up we would now be in the same league as them.

Means nothing.
If we had gone up last season, I doubt we would have been competing at the top end of the championship, so him being on loan with us wouldn't have had a negative impact of Newcastles season provided there was an agreement for us not to play him against them.

In fact it could work in there favour if he scores and takes points off Newcastles rivals.

RegTheDonk

Nothing is certain. They say in that article its because Aleksandar Mitrovic is suspended for four games. And Raff then goes on to say he might be loaned out.

You can't 100% rule out a return unless he shines for them and scores early, or he goes on loan to another club.

JimmyHillsbeard

He Wd have nothing to prove by coming back here. His reputation in this league with us is already high. It could only get worse by returning and either not doing so well or even doing just as well or better it is easy to discount as merry being good at Cov on league 1.

He clearly wants to play for Newcastle and his only hope for that is to force his way into their reckoning either by staying there or by pulling up trees on loan somewhere else. His reputation might be improved by doing it at a higher level or at a different club but coming back here won't further his ambitions at all.

Pipehitterz

Looks like Arma could be subject to Championship big money move. Rob Page mentioned at ntfc forum
This would be the only reason , logically , that would keep him Away from us .
Shame for the lad , his heart looked set on newcastle as a career, but also pleased that he's bagged the monies from one season of Football like Wilson did.

Guess who wants him should be the thread
Wigan?

Alkhen

Armstrong is on the bench VS Fulham tonight. The k he is the only striker too. Might put a quid on him to bag a goal

Pipehitterz

Armstrong is on the bench VS Fulham tonight. The k he is the only striker too. Might put a quid on him to bag a goal
Brilliant for the lad
They'll be stupid not to give him his time in the championship .
At cinema so will have to miss it

Happy_Martian

Armstrong on for final 20 mins, Fulham beating Newcastle 1-0

steve82

Armstrong was anonymous, but to be fair, Newcastle were poor

Never given a chance to be fair to him, Newcastles midfield moved the ball around too slow. Like we seen last year Fulham sat deep and soaked them up and used their right back well to break out.
Why dont teams stick a man on the far post? Matt smith would never of scored if they had.

Users who are viewing this thread