Are you happy (4 Viewers)

Otis

I think that men and women naturally splinter off into different interests but there needs to be some kind of mutual ground or else you'll just resent them for being so different.

Is there anything she likes that you can both enjoy together?
Classical music.

Otis

don't mean this nastily, but why did you marry her in the first place? Did you ever have anything in common?
Ahh, and therein lies a tale.

We met online. Her likes seemingly matched mine completely. Everything I liked, she liked..... or so I thought. I found out much later that everything she had written, had in fact been written by her older sister, and everything she said she had in common with me, she hadn't. All written as an aim to attract someone.

Only found this out after we married. We were also then just about to split up when she fell pregnant. Stayed together for the sake of the child. Bless her cotton socks.

fellatio_Martinez

We met online. Her likes seemingly matched mine completely. Everything I liked, she liked..... or so I thought. I found out much later that everything she had written, had in fact been written by her older sister, and everything she said she had in common with me, she hadn't. All written as an aim to attract someone.

Only found this out after we married. We were also then just about to split up when she fell pregnant. Stayed together for the sake of the child. Bless her cotton socks.

Christ, a honey trap if ever I saw one.

Well at least your daughter has come out of it which I'm sure has enriched your life no end and when the time comes hopefully you can find someone that you can enjoy your life with.

hill83

giphy.gif

richnrg

Blimey!

..Have you done her sister yet? :)

chiefdave

Bloody hell Otis, not much luck there. Guess you never really know when its online. Saying that I met my ex-wife online, although the ex part might indicate I did about as well as you!

On some radio talk show the other day they said some ridiculously high percentage of relationships these days start on line. Realistically where else do you meet people. At my company there's two women, one is the owners wife and the other is an 18 years old apprentice! So you look to your social life, the ratio of women to men at our matches every week isn't great. People don't really go to pubs the way they used to and when you're past the age for clubbing your options start to get very limited.

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell Otis, not much luck there. Guess you never really know when its online. Saying that I met my ex-wife online, although the ex part might indicate I did about as well as you!

On some radio talk show the other day they said some ridiculously high percentage of relationships these days start on line. Realistically where else do you meet people. At my company there's two women, one is the owners wife and the other is an 18 years old apprentice! So you look to your social life, the ratio of women to men at our matches every week isn't great. People don't really go to pubs the way they used to and when you're past the age for clubbing your options start to get very limited.

Just see one you like and throw her over your shoulder.

giphy.gif

PurpleBin

Christ.

Otis

To be fair, it wasn't my wife's idea, this was all her sister, but my missus obviously went along with it all and didn't say anything.

I sent loads of songs over to her of my favourite bands and songs and she never, ever said she didn't like any of it.

She came over and I took her to see Grandaddy and Polyphonic Spree and the Flaming Lips and again just never said anything. It was only after we got married that I found she didn't like anything I liked.

Even her sister didn't actually mean any harm in it, she just thought all would be okay because we are both nice people and it would all work out just fine. But for me, there always needed to be some common ground and shared interests. That was a key foundation for my part.

Grendel

To be fair, it wasn't my wife's idea, this was all her sister, but my missus obviously went along with it all and didn't say anything.

I sent loads of songs over to her of my favourite bands and songs and she never, ever said she didn't like any of it.

She came over and I took her to see Grandaddy and Polyphonic Spree and the Flaming Lips and again just never said anything. It was only after we got married that I found she didn't like anything I liked.

Even her sister didn't actually mean any harm in it, she just thought all would be okay because we are both nice people and it would all work out just fine. But for me, there always needed to be some common ground and shared interests. That was a key foundation for my part.

Out of interest is she younger or same age. I actually know a fair few Russians from work and I’d say all of them are far more uk type culturally than any other European people I know.

One in particular I’m pretty good friends with and talk to frequently and she has totally adapted into the UK culture and is very easy to get on with

Brighton Sky Blue

Did you not suspect that something wasn't quite right?

Otis

Out of interest is she younger or same age. I actually know a fair few Russians from work and I’d say all of them are far more uk type culturally than any other European people I know.

One in particular I’m pretty good friends with and talk to frequently and she has totally adapted into the UK culture and is very easy to get on with
Younger. She is very old fashioned though. A big fan of Putin, homophobic and tuts when our daughter watches any programme with any swearing in it at all. Apparently my letting her watch that swearing has encouraged our daughter to turn to rap music. Ha.

Our daughter is 15.

Otis

My missus doesn't celebrate our Christmas and will only celebrate the Russian Christmas. Only watches Russian state TV and refuses to believe any other media source.

Otis

Fair enough.
Tricky one. We had the marriage all booked and arranged. I started to have doubts, but got ill and ended up.in hospital. Actually got off my hospital bed and discharged myself so I could get married.(it was two days later).

We also had a lot of coincidence in our lives that seemed to lend itself to some kind of inevitable fate

hill83

How quickly did you get married? This is rather confusing. Was it a mail order bride sort of thing?

Grendel

My missus doesn't celebrate our Christmas and will only celebrate the Russian Christmas. Only watches Russian state TV and refuses to believe any other media source.

It’s really odd. She’s from Voldograd yes?

Brighton Sky Blue

Tricky one. We had the marriage all booked and arranged. I started to have doubts, but got ill and ended up.in hospital. Actually got off my hospital bed and discharged myself so I could get married.(it was two days later).

We also had a lot of coincidence in our lives that seemed to lend itself to some kind of inevitable fate

Sounds like maybe you both found it too difficult to accept what was going on. Hope it works out OK

rob9872

Nice to know I am not the only one without friends.

Used to be five of us all go up the City, ST's. They all dropped off one by one.
Could be worse. Imagine if you spotted the 4 of them together at a game in a different block :) .... been waiting to lose that weirdo for years ;) :)

SkyblueBazza

Look to the future it's all that we've got!
(Bon Jovi 1986)

Don't much like them but that line is a great mantra for life.

Mine has undergone significant change with parental deaths, long-term marriage break-up & future uncertainty...that mantra works(/ed) for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Maybe despite all our different views on various threads...we could form our own "Life stinks" club? Lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

How quickly did you get married? This is rather confusing. Was it a mail order bride sort of thing?
No. We met online through a series of coincidences. It was a chat site, but not exactly a dating site.

Coventry - Volgograd, twin cities. She actually learnt about Coventry at school.

Then found out we had the exact same birthday and then found out her sister and my brother also had the exactly the same birthday and then that her parents both had the same jobs as my parents.

Add to that she said she liked the same stuff, it all seemed perfect. Went over twice and she came here and we talked for about 9 months. So, not particularly quickly, but quickly because we had only spent a few actual weeks together, face to face. All the rest was online and phone calls. Every day for 9 months.

skyblue1991

Blimey...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

hill83

No. We met online through a series of coincidences. It was a chat site, but not exactly a dating site.

Coventry - Volgograd, twin cities. She actually learnt about Coventry at school.

Then found out we had the exact same birthday and then found out her sister and my brother also had the exactly the same birthday and then that her parents both had the same jobs as my parents.

Add to that she said she liked the same stuff, it all seemed perfect. Went over twice and she came here and we talked for about 9 months. So, not particularly quickly, but quickly because we had only spent a few actual weeks together, face to face. All the rest was online and phone calls. Every day for 9 months.

More to ask and say but for now. Did you go and see the statue?

Russia genuinely scares me with the racism etc (probably overstated but is it worth risking it) but I’d love to go and see that statue.

Motherland Calls if anyone is wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread