Are we Staying Up? (3 Viewers)

Hobo

The teams below us have used up their gsmss in hand and we still aren't in relegation zone, once we get the next few games out the way we have an ok run in, we only need 13 more points to stay up. There the ones I can think of, c'mon keep the faith

PUSB

We had a really good run in under Thorn, all teams either below us or just above. But we just imploded. This season has the same feel about it.

LJC_CCFC

I really don't think the board would ever consider getting shot of Pressley. They're no more interested in escaping than they are investing for success and it would cost them less to operate at a lower level.

Hence the: Obviously at this football club it is never as straight forward as that.

WestEndAgro

Working On the basis that our form is shocking, we can't buy a win at home, we don't score enough, we concede to many, fans are deserting in their droves , the manager seems devoid of any plan a (or b), we have a team full of loans, Reda has yellow piss,, we don't own a stadium ect ........ We will stay up

SkyBlueSid

Like many others I believe that Pressley has lost the plot (if he ever had it) and under him we will be relegated. A new face for the run-in might just get enough out of these players to keep us up. Teams in relegation battles need to be prepared for a battle in every game and I just don't believe we are sufficiently up for it to survive as things stand.

As someone else said, however, what if we do survive? Crowds are certain to plummet again next season and the budget will be cut again. Under the current ownership the only way is down, relegation will get us in the end.

stupot07

Or it highlights that unlike the rest of the teams down there we very rarely get a heavy beating. We have been competitive against a high percentage of the teams we have faced, thus showing the quality the squad possesses. A change of manager would see us stay up with games to spare imo.

When you add the above against the fact that only yeovil have scored less goals per game than us, that it points more to the fact that we are ultra defensive, rather than a squad that possesses quality?

(I do think the squad should be doing better)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

When you add the above against the fact that only yeovil have scored less goals per game than us, that it points more to the fact that we are ultra defensive, rather than a squad that possesses quality?

We certainly were ultra defensive for the first 15/16 league games playing 5-3-2 which is probably (although goals per game stats after the change in formation will have to be checked) the main reason for scoring only 30 goals this season. The way we have played since has been slightly more offensive, but our 'style' of play (whatever that is?) is not conducive to creating chances or scoring goals. If someone could find the chance creation stats, they would make for very grim reading.

By no means is this the greatest squad of players in League 1 and improvements could and should have been made in the centre of midfield. However it is as you've acknowledged by no means the worst.

The overriding reason for our league position, lack of goals and general inadequacies is Mr Pressley. What quality we do have isn't being utilised properly by him and his staff.

stupot07

We certainly were ultra defensive for the first 15/16 league games playing 5-3-2 which is probably (although goals per game stats after the change in formation will have to be checked) the main reason for scoring only 30 goals this season. The way we have played since has been slightly more offensive, but our 'style' of play (whatever that is?) is not conducive to creating chances or scoring goals. If someone could find the chance creation stats, they would make for very grim reading.

By no means is this the greatest squad of players in League 1 and improvements could and should have been made in the centre of midfield. However it is as you've acknowledged by no means the worst.

The overriding reason for our league position, lack of goals and general inadequacies is Mr Pressley. What quality we do have isn't being utilised properly by him and his staff.

I haven't got chances per game stats but the league table stats suggest we have become more defensive since changing from 352.

With 352 (first 14 games)
Scored 1.1 goals per game (15 in 14)
Failed to score in 21% games (3 games)
Kept only 3 cleansheets (21%)
Conceded 23 goals in 14 games (1.6 goals per game)

without 352 (last 16 games)
Scored 0.9 goals per game (15 in 16)
Failed to score in 43% games (7 games)
Kept 6 Cleansheets (38%)
Conceded 18 goals in 16 games (1.1 goals per game)

I honestly bore myself sometimes... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetom

Without changing the manager? I'm having my doubts. More and more Pressley looks devoid of ideas and players more and more look to be losing belief, if they haven't totally lost it, in the manager's ability. I'm not sure what system we play anymore; I'm not sure the type of football we're trying to play anymore and I'm convinced Pressley doesn't know either.

CJ_covblaze

I'm still convinced we will have to go to Crawley on the last day and get a win to stay up. I remember how fortunate we were when Leicester went down in 2008, with only their inability to beat Stoke saving us after an embarrassing 4-1 defeat to mid table Charlton. The highlight being a 16 year old Jonjo Shelvey running the show, ahead of Doyle and Hughes obviously.

Chris Powell scoring in his final game was good to see despite it being for the opposition.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I haven't got chances per game stats but the league table stats suggest we have become more defensive since changing from 352.

With 352 (first 14 games)
Scored 1.1 goals per game (15 in 14)
Failed to score in 21% games (3 games)
Kept only 3 cleansheets (21%)
Conceded 23 goals in 14 games (1.6 goals per game)

without 352 (last 16 games)
Scored 0.9 goals per game (15 in 16)
Failed to score in 43% games (7 games)
Kept 6 Cleansheets (38%)
Conceded 18 goals in 16 games (1.1 goals per game)

I honestly bore myself sometimes... :(

Conclusion, sack Pressley!

covhead1

Our form is currently the worst in league 1.

With Pressley at the helm we are fucked.

cov1987

It wouldn't trouble sisu if we went down or not as far as they are concerned if we went down there would be less expenditure so more to spend on court cases they would also sell our younger players Madison, haynes, Willis, and anyone else worth any money.
Saying that it will happen no matter what league we are in.

covmark

It feels like a relegation season at the moment, only worse.
Hate to say it, but I 100% agree. The way we're playing, lack of attacking threat, shoddy defending etc, it certainly feels like we're in the shite. Add to this we have the worst owners that have ever graced a football club. Then yep it's not looking great.

Terry Gibson's perm

No I don't think we are going to stop up and I can only see a struggle next year as well.

Nick

Administrator
I am still looking forward to this seasons fixture of Nuneaton Town away at the Ricoh.

Chez78

51 points usually guarantees safety with the last three seasons seeing the last real gated team finishing on 43, 48, 47 so to be sure we need 19 points.

Looking at the fixtures and I know I'm being very optimistic considering our recent form and god awful manager I think we should do it just about. I think we'll loose the next three but after that might just start scraping some points got us down for making 19 at best so going to be very tight. For the record I think we'll have a better chance if we sack him.

Wheelfass

I base it on the fact I think we will stay up?

Any other demands?
FFSake it ain't a demand is it, this is your site and it's supposed to be about interaction. So why do you think we will stay up.....or has your mind gone blank or maybe you just don't want to join in eh?? It was your statement, just asking for you to substantiate it. Well.........?

Nick

Administrator
FFSake it ain't a demand is it, this is your site and it's supposed to be about interaction. So why do you think we will stay up.....or has your mind gone blank or maybe you just don't want to join in eh?? It was your statement, just asking for you to substantiate it. Well.........?

Yes, because it is my opinion we will stay up.

We would be even more comfortable if Pressley went.

Wheelfass

Yes, because it is my opinion we will stay up.

We would be even more comfortable if Pressley went.
Comfortable........what you smokin. What the hell is Comfortable about us. Comfortable snuggled at the bottom end of the table or comfortable and ready to make the drop to the league belowe the one that we are now in. Some of your post are in order of the site, some I understand are to keep the post coming in and some are just total blx....like your last statement. BACK IT UP OR SHUT UP.

Nick

Administrator
Comfortable........what you smokin. What the hell is Comfortable about us. Comfortable snuggled at the bottom end of the table or comfortable and ready to make the drop to the league belowe the one that we are now in. Some of your post are in order of the site, some I understand are to keep the post coming in and some are just total blx....like your last statement. BACK IT UP OR SHUT UP.

I think you have an issue with your caps lock.

Back what up? My opinion, or do you want me to jump in a time machine or something?

Yes, if we had a better manager we would be comfortable in this league. By comfortable I don't mean 2nd place or playoffs, I mean we wouldn't be in a relegation battle.

Sorry, I will just start screaming and running round shouting we are all going to die or something in a massive panic.

Nick

Administrator
Cos you ain't worth the effort........PRAT ........ in caps locked. Nuff said and no more ARSE...Nick.

Ah ok, bit of an issue with other people having differing opinions then so you need to start silly name calling?

Users who are viewing this thread