Are we Staying Up? (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Does anyone actually believe we are capable of avoiding the drop this year and if so, what gives you that belief and hope because I don't have it at this moment in time, forget SISU for now, what have you seen from the manager or the players or the playing style to give you that confident feeling of survival.

I have witnessed and travelled with the fans in the 80's and 90's to some memorable survival journey's but those players had something about them, a confidence they could do it, a set of fans behind them believing. Some of the players were talentless but gave their all. Tudgay summed up my negativity by trying to put the blame on the fans and asking for us to get behind them, we have been all year but at some point, surely, players have to stand up and be counted, or I suppose, take another contract elsehwere and not care about the previous failure on their CV

I cannot see with the current crop of players (including the new loanees), the style of play, the manager and Webster will keep us up, please, someone give me some reasons to be cheerful and a reason to believe that we can survive this year.

Jackoskyblue

Does anyone actually believe we are capable of avoiding the drop this year and if so, what gives you that belief and hope because I don't have it at this moment in time, forget SISU for now, what have you seen from the manager or the players or the playing style to give you that confident feeling of survival.

I have witnessed and travelled with the fans in the 80's and 90's to some memorable survival journey's but those players had something about them, a confidence they could do it, a set of fans behind them believing. Some of the players were talentless but gave their all. Tudgay summed up my negativity by trying to put the blame on the fans and asking for us to get behind them, we have been all year but at some point, surely, players have to stand up and be counted, or I suppose, take another contract elsehwere and not care about the previous failure on their CV

I cannot see with the current crop of players (including the new loanees), the style of play, the manager and Webster will keep us up, please, someone give me some reasons to be cheerful and a reason to believe that we can survive this year.

The teams below us have used up their gsmss in hand and we still aren't in relegation zone, once we get the next few games out the way we have an ok run in, we only need 13 more points to stay up. There the ones I can think of, c'mon keep the faith

PUSB

Kingokings204

If Pressley stays then certain for the drop of he goes then we have a fighting chance. Simple as that for me

Greggs

Does it really matter? If not this season, it will next.......

AFCCOVENTRY

The teams below us have used up their gsmss in hand and we still aren't in relegation zone, once we get the next few games out the way we have an ok run in, we only need 13 more points to stay up. There the ones I can think of, c'mon keep the faith

PUSB

Are you sure about that? Orient still have a game in hand and if they win that we are in the drop zone.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We're going down, we're going down, we're going......City's going down.....

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I'm more worried now than I was at Christmas but I still think we'll be just about ok. We haven't won since Walsall so that next win is vital to give everyone a bit of a breather. There are definitely 4 worse teams than us in this league...aren't there?

covcity4life

cant say either way, its getting very worrying.

we can stay up though

my main reasoning would be every game is either won or lost(if not drawn of course) by a 1 goal margin all season long it seems.

a few tweaks here and there could make the difference.

however pressley doesnt seem to make obvious tweaks so yes, we could go down!

Ian1779

We'll be fine... we have half decent players.. if only we had someone that could make them play as a team.

shy_tall_knight

For the last 12 months we have just forgotten how to in games, the quality of the squad and the performances are not bottom 4 but the results are and for all SP's words he struggles to win games, Micky Adams Booth the Hoof would all keep us up SP gives me no confidence especially home games where we have to dictate the game.

Malaka

I think we are on the verge of doing OK, but time is running out and we need the boys to perform now! I think we are more likely to go down than stay up

CJ_covblaze

On the way back from Yeovil the 5 us in our car said how many points we thought we'd get from each remaining games. We all said between 20 and 22 which would've put us on 50-52. We did include 4 or 6 points from Scunny and Rochdale (along with 0 from PNE obviously!) though. 16 points more would put us on 48. Judging on previous seasons it will be tight. I personally think us, Crawley, Yeovil and either Colchester or Orient will go.

Last edited:

matesx

change the manager and we stay up n

SP is flogging a dead horse

chiefdave

I can't see us staying up. We don't seem to have confidence or desire to turn things around. We've also got the problem that teams below us are picking up points. It doesn't look good and I don't think relegation will change things. SP will still be here, the player budget will be cut and we'll be mid table at best in L2.

Wheelfass

Sorry to say it but we are rotten from the top to the core. From the anonymous Sisu to Pressley and the way that he sets his side up. As a football club I feel that we are just going through the motions and there is Just no ambition demonstrated from within. It pains me to say but I don't think there is enough passion - never mind skill and know how - to avoid the drop. Either way, after 52 years on board, as far as next seasons ST is concerned.........I'm out.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

We have drawn the most games in the division, which suggests it wouldn't take much for our fortunes to change (Replacing the manager perhaps). We could very easily lose our next three games against Sheffield United, MK Dons and Barnsley (With a new manager to come in), if this were to happen we would surely be sitting in the relegation zone and the board would be forced into relieving Pressley of his duties.

Obviously at this football club it is never as straight forward as that.

ollyservetta

big worry is by sat we could be well in the drop zone .orient play Wednesday and think its Colchester playing tonight, be hard to get anything at the blades and then mk I fear will be very hard aswell. we could end up 3/4 points adrift ,with a game in hand ,but with no momentum, a clueless jock and owners who don't care ,.how can we then expect a team made up of loanees and journey men stand up as a team and turn it around .if we do go down half the squad will be gone in the summer and the only players left will be wanting out,.what a great job SP and sisu.

LJC_CCFC

I'm still convinced we will have to go to Crawley on the last day and get a win to stay up. I remember how fortunate we were when Leicester went down in 2008, with only their inability to beat Stoke saving us after an embarrassing 4-1 defeat to mid table Charlton. The highlight being a 16 year old Jonjo Shelvey running the show, ahead of Doyle and Hughes obviously.

ollyservetta

oh and ive heard that our owners are going to make an annoucement on the new ground as soon as they know what league we will be in which will give them an idea of how many seats they will need, then they can do a deal with wasps and try and get them on a freebie when the ricoh turns yellow and black

Noggin

We have drawn the most games in the division, which suggests it wouldn't take much for our fortunes to change (Replacing the manager perhaps). We could very easily lose our next three games against Sheffield United, MK Dons and Barnsley (With a new manager to come in), if this were to happen we would surely be sitting in the relegation zone and the board would be forced into relieving Pressley of his duties.

In either direction and thus isn't very relevant at all. score once more in each of those drawn games and we are nice and secure in the play off spots, but concede once more in each of those games and we are pretty much already relegated massively adrift at the bottom of the table. So it's probably best just to look at what actually happened.

Otis

For the last 12 months we have just forgotten how to in games, the quality of the squad and the performances are not bottom 4 but the results are and for all SP's words he struggles to win games, Micky Adams Booth the Hoof would all keep us up SP gives me no confidence especially home games where we have to dictate the game.

Makes me think back to Notts Forest a few seasons back when they were in the Premier League. All season long people were saying they had a pretty good squad and that they were playing quite well.

What happened? They went down.

Wheelfass

I really don't think the board would ever consider getting shot of Pressley. They're no more interested in escaping than they are investing for success and it would cost them less to operate at a lower level.

skyblueinBaku

oh and ive heard that our owners are going to make an annoucement on the new ground as soon as they know what league we will be in which will give them an idea of how many seats they will need, then they can do a deal with wasps and try and get them on a freebie when the ricoh turns yellow and black

Do our owners know which league we are in now? Do they care?

LJC_CCFC

In either direction and thus isn't very relevant at all. score once more in each of those drawn games and we are nice and secure in the play off spots, but concede once more in each of those games and we are pretty much already relegated massively adrift at the bottom of the table. So it's probably best just to look at what actually happened.

Or it highlights that unlike the rest of the teams down there we very rarely get a heavy beating. We have been competitive against a high percentage of the teams we have faced, thus showing the quality the squad possesses. A change of manager would see us stay up with games to spare imo.

Users who are viewing this thread