Are we going up? (3 Viewers)

tigersb

If we get to Wembley we will win...we have a 100% record and 50,000+ fans will raise the roof. But it's the getting to Wembley!!!
Don’t have 100% record

Legia Sky Blue

Very simple thread no need to elaborate too much, a simple yes or no would even suffice.
Just trying to gauge after 2 defeats and 1 point from 9 what the mindset of our fans is as it stands, as other results have given us a lifeline.

Do you feel promotion in your bones? Is it our destiny to fail or succeed. Are we getting this league at first attempt. Whilst it’s definately in the balance.

Stick your necks out. No sitting on the fence. No ifs or buts. Do you think we will get to Wembley? and fail at final hurdle. Or is this turning point.

There’s no doubt in my mind we will scramble into play offs 7th, and walk over anyone who comes into our path in play offs. No contest. PROMOTION for me.

You've changed since the Yeovil game!! From the depths of despair you're now in your happy place again despite another defeat. Anyhow as of now I think we will finish 7th,but from that point anything can happen. Heart says we get another winning day at Wembley, but head says we will find someway of blowing it.

Londonccfcfan

You've changed since the Yeovil game!! From the depths of despair you're now in your happy place again despite another defeat. Anyhow as of now I think we will finish 7th,but from that point anything can happen. Heart says we get another winning day at Wembley, but head says we will find someway of blowing it.
I'm sure Yeovil hit everyone hard. That was just plain embarrassing. We are back to our inconsistent competitive best now.

I've said all season that we might scrape into the playoffs and believe it may yet come down to the last home game against Morecombe.
Sadly it's a no from me but I live in hope!

stevefloyd

Being a pessimistic sky blue fan we will probably stumble our way to the play offs and fail in promotion

Otis

you might say he's a dreamer, but he's not the only one...
Didn't I already do that?

giphy.gif

CovBurty

play off no problem. will struggle in play off 2 legs but squeeze through. Then a real game at Wembley again. A game with good reason to attend not a day out for the jollies. Yes. MR will demand it. The downside is just too unbearable. Yes it's doable.

vow

Taking one game at a time as per usual, however I feel we will stay in the play-offs and then conquer at Wembley to go up. OHH so sweet.

#WemBakerDay oh yes, you will be mine...

Astute

Has anyone here been to a playoff final before? They are bloody horrible. And that was without it being my own club. The tension is unbearable. To me it is worse than a cup final. The one I saw was settled by a single goal in the second half. I was drained after that game. And that was as a neutral although it is a team I have seen play many times. I don't know if I could cope watching City in the final.

But of course I would be there. We must love the punishment :wideyed:

TewkesburySkyBlue

We currently in Athens and today we are wearing our Cov tops into town. It's amazing the level of knowledge of locals here. They straightaway say Coventry league 2? Even they shake their heads. But the level of knowledge of British football at lower levels which we are at blows me away.
Yes remember visiting a supplier is some small town in Greece years ago , During a meal the talk turned to football and he asked me who I supported.
‘Coventry City’ I said. ‘ Oh the Blue Skies’ !! Cracked me up

Londonccfcfan

Yes remember visiting a supplier is some small town in Greece years ago , During a meal the talk turned to football and he asked me who I supported.
Omg this is freaky. Surely it can’t be the same bloke. Exactly what happened the other day. They are very passionate about football last night the live game on tv was Bradford vs Shrewsbury.

Londonccfcfan

Has anyone here been to a playoff final before? They are bloody horrible. And that was without it being my own club. The tension is unbearable. To me it is worse than a cup final. The one I saw was settled by a single goal in the second half. I was drained after that game. And that was as a neutral although it is a team I have seen play many times. I don't know if I could cope watching City in the final.

Agree when it’s that unbearable the tension is just too much and you just can’t enjoy it.
The sound of the final whistle will be the most enjoyable moment of the match (after we have won).

Can you imagine if it’s determined on penalties.

Anyway still have to get there of course. This is going to be one unbearable promotion if it’s going to happen.

Otis

Amazing isn't it. I had a very similar experience.

I was in deepest Borneo and came across some locals and after days and days of looking, I finally found an internet café.

They looked over my shoulder and asked what site I was on and I said Sky Blues Talk' and they said 'Ah, fooking Grendel'!

Otis

Unless we get there of course and totally thrash someone.

Astute

Agree when it’s that unbearable the tension is just too much and you just can’t enjoy it.
The sound of the final whistle will be the most enjoyable moment of the match (after we have won).

Can you imagine if it’s determined on penalties.

Anyway still have to get there of course. This is going to be one unbearable promotion if it’s going to happen.
Penalties? Don't know if my ticker could cope. It is bad enough being a goal up with 10 minutes remaining and our opponents have the ball in our half....in a game that doesn't have much at stake.

Just googled the game. Russel Slade was the manager. Wycombe and Lincoln went out in the Semi-finals. The team I went to see lost to a 63rd minute goal. I still remember it well. Ball crossed in. Everyone missed it including the GK.

Otis

Penalties? Don't know if my ticker could cope. It is bad enough being a goal up with 10 minutes remaining and our opponents have the ball in our half....in a game that doesn't have much at stake.

Just googled the game. Russel Slade was the manager. Wycombe and Lincoln went out in the Semi-finals. The team I went to see lost to a 63rd minute goal. I still remember it well. Ball crossed in. Everyone missed it including the GK.
Thought Burge had only ever played for us.

Londonccfcfan

Just hope after tommorow there's a lot more positive replies on here.

Tommorow could go along way to confirming play offs. If Mansfield and Swindon drop more points.

itsabuzzard

play off no problem. will struggle in play off 2 legs but squeeze through. Then a real game at Wembley again. A game with good reason to attend not a day out for the jollies. Yes. MR will demand it. The downside is just too unbearable. Yes it's doable.
Fuck off with the "jollies" reference. We're all fans.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Still think Mansfield have 2 'gimme' home games and Yeovil away (who knows which Yeovil will turn up?) Fancy us to beat Stevenage an Morecambe (so a win v Lincoln or Cheltenham should suffice). Lincoln I can only see blowing getting in if we beat them (which I would love, as they are probably the biggest threat to us)

Users who are viewing this thread