Are we going up? (2 Viewers)

matesx

Current form is making me think we may not make the play offs. If we do make the top 7 I think we might do okay, cup games under Robins suggests we do well in these kind of situations. Lets hope.

Luckily our play off rivals below us form is worse!

Otis

Luckily our play off rivals below us form is worse!
Maybe it's just me, but I just can't see that poor form lasting forever. No wins in 9 for Mansfield, yet they are a very decent side and one of the best we have played here at the Ricoh this season.

They can't just keep not winning can they?

steve82

I think the mindset or negativity is bad at every club in league 2 possibly barring Lincoln who are on the Up, it gets toxic wether your at Mansfield , Notts or Morecambe.

I agree it’s about mindset we get that early goal and fans are right behind the team. Which is what we have done in the cups recently. Also being underdogs has suited us. Mindset of fans is different. The expectations from fans are very high for Cov in league 2 that’s the problem.

Recently vs Newport , Yeovil and Notts fans were still behind the team when we went agoal down which was reassuring. Managed to draw level two occasions, Yeovil going 3 nil down very early was a bit too much of a mountain.

To me the we shouldn’t be in this league mentality needs to go from supporters if we’re gonna bounce back, if we’ve learned anything from the last 40 odd games other teams frankly don’t give a shit about us or where we were once. They turn up do the job and a driven on by upsetting us and frustrating us.

If we get to the play offs that looks likely back the lads who are league two players making league two mistakes playing at there level.

Abusing them won’t spur them on, ive seen countless times this season this happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSid

Would the play offs not be premier league quality refs?
No. The League 1 and 2 playoff finals will go to the better performers from the national list as always. Last year was Simon Hooper (L1) and Darren England (L2). Given the woeful standard in L2, we can only hope!

Only the Championship playoff final will get a select group referee, which was Neil Swarbrick last year.

steve82

No. The League 1 and 2 playoff finals will go to the better performers from the national list as always. Last year was Simon Hooper (L1) and Darren England (L2). Given the woeful standard in L2, we can only hope!

Only the Championship playoff final will get a select group referee, which was Neil Swarbrick last year.

Well there it is... a slightly better than average shit ref.

Might as well get Uriah Rennie out for old times sake.

standupforcity

If we get to Wembley we will win...we have a 100% record and 50,000+ fans will raise the roof. But it's the getting to Wembley!!!

lifeskyblue

Nothing to fear in the other teams but they won’t fear us either. I’m going to stick my neck out and go for the play off final win...burge to make a couple of world class saves, biamou to get the winner and the ref to have a wonderful error free game.
And pigs to fly over Wembley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

Yes - we can and we will. I also think we'll have a good push to the L1 play offs next season too.

RegTheDonk

It's a no from me. I think we'll make play offs but will fail to make the final. We'll choke in front of a big home crowd and leave ourselves too much to do away from home (bit like the Crewe opt really)!
I'm going to be positive for a change and say the opposite. Saw them not get stage fright in the semi and checkatrade finals last year. And we do seem to raise our game (most times) when playing higher placed teams. Finally - we enjoy being the underdogs, so finishing 7th will do for me.

Sky Blue Harry H

You know I just thought that after posting.. I’m sure the FA role out a better ref.

I’m confident of the top 7 finish and think that’s lucky given the injuries to JJ alone without Andreu being added.

The playoffs themselves I’ve no confidence of us winning over 2 legs. I don’t think we’ve the right fans and correct mindset to back the boys in a winner takes all scenario.

Imagine we go to Notts county say and get a draw, we’d be happy with that then Notts County come here in front of a big crowd and sky cameras.
1) we don’t do big games with big crowds at the Ricoh.
2) were a toxic bunch at times that’s been starved of any domestic success, go a goal down and fans will turn horrendously, all players will be shit, shouts of sort it out Robins. Support for the players in a pressure cooker scenario will fade rapidly.

First leg will be at home, so we won't be 'out of it' even if a goal down - maybe having the second leg away will be a bonus?!

Grendel

Maybe it's just me, but I just can't see that poor form lasting forever. No wins in 9 for Mansfield, yet they are a very decent side and one of the best we have played here at the Ricoh this season.

They can't just keep not winning can they?

They’ve imploded since Evans left

Londonccfcfan

We currently in Athens and today we are wearing our Cov tops into town. It's amazing the level of knowledge of locals here. They straightaway say Coventry league 2? Even they shake their heads. But the level of knowledge of British football at lower levels which we are at blows me away.

steve82

First leg will be at home, so we won't be 'out of it' even if a goal down - maybe having the second leg away will be a bonus?!

That’s a very good point you’ve raised and I’ve just double checked it. Whoever finishes 4th or 5th plays away first so 6th or 7th are home in the first leg

For any one with doubt the format is
7th v 4th and 6th v 5th in the first legs of the playoffs.

As you suggest we’re likely at home

Sky Blue Harry H

That’s a very good point you’ve raised and I’ve just double checked it. Whoever finishes 4th or 5th plays away first so 6th or 7th are home in the first leg

For any one with doubt the format is
7th v 4th and 6th v 5th in the first legs of the playoffs.

As you suggest we’re likely at home

And most probably versus Lincoln or Exeter. Would probably prefer Exeter over 2 legs - except for the lack of an away support at their place. If/when we play Lincoln, I'd prefer it as a one off at Wembley Would love Lincoln knocked out by N County, as I remain confident we would turn them over at Wembley.

steve82

And most probably versus Lincoln or Exeter. Would probably prefer Exeter over 2 legs - except for the lack of an away support at their place. If/when we play Lincoln, I'd prefer it as a one off at Wembley Would love Lincoln knocked out by N County, as I remain confident we would turn them over at Wembley.

I’ve looked at the run in and I predict Wycombe will be our opposition.

Lincoln will take the final auto spot in my eyes tho I’d quite like to go to Lincoln again for the atmosphere alone tho I’d not fancy our chances this time around.

Exeter would be such a anticlimax in my eyes for atmosphere, plus there not a bad outfit.

Otis

I’ve looked at the run in and I predict Wycombe will be our opposition.

Lincoln will take the final auto spot in my eyes tho I’d quite like to go to Lincoln again for the atmosphere alone tho I’d not fancy our chances this time around.

Exeter would be such a anticlimax in my eyes for atmosphere, plus there not a bad outfit.

But in saying that, we beat them easily at home and lost away because of a blunder didn't we?

skybluesam66

We currently in Athens and today we are wearing our Cov tops into town. It's amazing the level of knowledge of locals here. They straightaway say Coventry league 2? Even they shake their heads. But the level of knowledge of British football at lower levels which we are at blows me away.
in morocco recently - they all knew us because of Hadji/ Chippo/Safri - but just assumed we were in the Championship. Couldnt believe "SHFWF"

singers_pore

I think we will just scrape the playoffs but we will go out in the semi-finals - hope I'm wrong but I just don't think the players are good enough for promotion. Next season will be even worse - only 500+ season tickets sold for next year according to FB.

steve82

But in saying that, we beat them easily at home and lost away because of a blunder didn't we?

That’s correct, a error cost us away and we out played them at home but we’re a slightly different side since then with no JJ who had a slice of luck with his goal which was given as a O/G.

They’ve experienced the play off heart ache too which could be a catalyst they need

tigersb

Think we will get to Wembley
Then it’s in the lap of the gods

Users who are viewing this thread