Are we going up? (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Very simple thread no need to elaborate too much, a simple yes or no would even suffice.
Just trying to gauge after 2 defeats and 1 point from 9 what the mindset of our fans is as it stands, as other results have given us a lifeline.

Do you feel promotion in your bones? Is it our destiny to fail or succeed. Are we getting this league at first attempt. Whilst it’s definately in the balance.

Stick your necks out. No sitting on the fence. No ifs or buts. Do you think we will get to Wembley? and fail at final hurdle. Or is this turning point.

There’s no doubt in my mind we will scramble into play offs 7th, and walk over anyone who comes into our path in play offs. No contest. PROMOTION for me.

Reactions: vow

letsallsingtogether

No not the way we are playing at the moment.
Think we will make the play offs but don' think we are in the right place to win them.
Saying that lets win the last 5 games and then it might be a yes.

Sky Blue Harry H

A bit like above; however - a 2 leg play off is with another 5 games under our belt, and things can change a lot in that time - for us as a team, and for the opposition (injuries, form etc. ) Get to Wembley and we'll have more fans there than anyone we face - and anything is possible when we play there (as we already know!)

Otis

No not the way we are playing at the moment.
Think we will make the play offs but don' think we are in the right place to win them.
Saying that lets win the last 5 games and then it might be a yes.
Agree on that.

My reasoning we may fail is as follows:

1. Two keepers both capable of horrendous errors and both have indeed cost us matches and points.

2. Have difficulty in breaking down teams who are set on resolute defence, whilst catching us on the break.

3. Lack of pace

4. Lack of goals throughout the team.

5. The defence that was once solid is now shipping in goals and there are costly errors in nearly every game.

As you say though, win the next 5 and we would obviously be absolutely flying.

I do get the feeling though that we might just only scrape into the play-offs.

Would love for them to prove me wrong.

Londonccfcfan

jeez we are a confident bunch aren’t we.

Do we think Exeter, Notts, Lincoln or whoever else makes it, we fear them over two legs?

Where you finish in the play off places has no bearing on promotion. Important thing is going into it with a bit of form.

steve82

Top 7 yes, just tho in true ccfc style... however the lottery that is the play offs I don’t fancy us to win it.

League 2 on tour revisited for next season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Just a thought - regardless of whether we go up or not - the extra income generated by reaching a Wembley game should be a useful boost to finances (hopefully reflected in what MR can do next season?) Of course SkyBlueRuffian will have started a thread demanding his public execution if we fail to make it. Not me - give him next season, regardless.

Londonccfcfan

A bit like above; however - a 2 leg play off is with another 5 games under our belt, and things can change a lot in that time - for us as a team, and for the opposition (injuries, form etc. ) Get to Wembley and we'll have more fans there than anyone we face - and anything is possible when we play there (as we already know!)

Yes or no?

steve82

Agree on that.

My reasoning we may fail is as follows:

1. Two keepers both capable of horrendous errors and both have indeed cost us matches and points.

2. Have difficulty in breaking down teams who are set on resolute defence, whilst catching us on the break.

3. Lack of pace

4. Lack of goals throughout the team.

5. The defence that was once solid is now shipping in goals and there are costly errors in nearly every game.

As you say though, win the next 5 and we would obviously be absolutely flying.

I do get the feeling though that we might just only scrape into the play-offs.

Would love for them to prove me wrong.

You forgot the poor officials we generally get in charge.

Otis

You forgot the poor officials we generally get in charge.

Yes, so true. Said on another thread, all it takes is a dodgy pen, or wicked deflection, or a sending off or a bad backpass and you can be ousted from the playoffs in an instant.

The officiating at this level is awful. Case in point last week, where Burge was clearly fouled and they should have had at least one player sent off.

Things like that can kill you stone dead.

Londonccfcfan

Top 7 yes, just tho in true ccfc style... however the lottery that is the play offs I don’t fancy us to win it.

League 2 on tour revisited for next season

No way,you say lottery, if we make top 7 imo we would have been lucky. Ie not how good we are but how crap the rest are. Surely we would be all confident no? What lottery play well, hope for a bit of luck and with our large backings surely we should be confident.

covcity4life

jeez we are a confident bunch aren’t we.

Do we think Exeter, Notts, Lincoln or whoever else makes it, we fear them over two legs?

Where you finish in the play off places has no bearing on promotion. Important thing is going into it with a bit of form.
not about fearing others

its about nothing but failure as a cov fan

EXCEPT checkatrade final which was such an amazing memory,only thing that makes me think we can indeed change our luck permanently

we can get promoted for sure. i am just not sure if we will.

matesx

I think we will lift the league 2 play off trophy in front of 45,000 delirious fans in the blazing sunshine of Wembley

Get in the pubs after and get absolutely fucking shitfaced belting out "twist and shout" 300 times in a row.

PUSB

Otis

not about fearing others

its about nothing but failure as a cov fan

EXCEPT checkatrade final which was such an amazing memory,only thing that makes me think we can indeed change our luck permanently

we can get promoted for sure. i am just not sure if we will.
Yup.

If we get a decent ref and no-one drops a clanger, then yes, we have a decent chance, but I can foresee a big home play-off leg, with 25,000+ there and then a Burge or LOB howler gifts a 1-0 lead and the opponent's just sit back on that and bag the victory.

When we go a goal down we struggle. Score first and we usually win.

Every player needs to be on their game and there needs to be no stupid backpasses or dropped crosses. Boot everything into the stands for the defenders and punch anything you are unsure you can catch for the keeper.

Londonccfcfan

I think we will lift the league 2 play off trophy in front of 45,000 delirious fans in the blazing sunshine of Wembley

Get in the pubs after and get absolutely fucking shitfaced belting out "twist and shout" 300 times in a row.

PUSB
Dreamer

Badger

Like they say - it's the hope that kills you. We are so used to trying to keep the hope in check that we tend to be more negative that we would like.
So I have to say No, but please let it happen.
How many times have the team in 7th been promoted via the playoffs?

steve82

No way,you say lottery, if we make top 7 imo we would have been lucky. Ie not how good we are but how crap the rest are. Surely we would be all confident no? What lottery play well, hope for a bit of luck and with our large backings surely we should be confident.

Would the play offs not be premier league quality refs?

You know I just thought that after posting.. I’m sure the FA role out a better ref.

I’m confident of the top 7 finish and think that’s lucky given the injuries to JJ alone without Andreu being added.

The playoffs themselves I’ve no confidence of us winning over 2 legs. I don’t think we’ve the right fans and correct mindset to back the boys in a winner takes all scenario.

Imagine we go to Notts county say and get a draw, we’d be happy with that then Notts County come here in front of a big crowd and sky cameras.
1) we don’t do big games with big crowds at the Ricoh.
2) were a toxic bunch at times that’s been starved of any domestic success, go a goal down and fans will turn horrendously, all players will be shit, shouts of sort it out Robins. Support for the players in a pressure cooker scenario will fade rapidly.

Londonccfcfan

Yup.

If we get a decent ref and no-one drops a clanger, then yes, we have a decent chance, but I can foresee a big home play-off leg, with 25,000+ there and then a Burge or LOB howler gifts a 1-0 lead and the opponent's just sit back on that and bag the victory.

When we go a goal down we struggle. Score first and we usually win.

Every player needs to be on their game and there needs to be no stupid backpasses or dropped crosses. Boot everything into the stands for the defenders and punch anything you are unsure you can catch for the keeper.

Play like we do in cup matches.

Wycombe ta home, Wembley final, Stoke at Home, MK Dons away,

pastythegreat

It's a no from me. I think we'll make play offs but will fail to make the final. We'll choke in front of a big home crowd and leave ourselves too much to do away from home (bit like the Crewe opt really)!

matesx

Sod it!! City to go up.

Vincenti to score a hat-trick, another two from Beavon, towering header from DKE and Barrett to block 4 goal bound shots simply by just standing on the goalline.
thats the spirit!

matesx

It's a no from me. I think we'll make play offs but will fail to make the final. We'll choke in front of a big home crowd and leave ourselves too much to do away from home (bit like the Crewe opt really)!

boooooooooo! neg head alert

steve82

Sod it!! City to go up.

Vincenti to score a hat-trick, another two from Beavon, a towering header from DKE and Barrett to block 4 goal bound shots simply by just standing on the goalline.

No... for me should we get there is super Max Biamou ringing out at Wembley.
He will be the new poster boy under the Robins era we look back on with fondness

And yes I’m serious

Londonccfcfan

Like they say - it's the hope that kills you. We are so used to trying to keep the hope in check that we tend to be more negative that we would like.
So I have to say No, but please let it happen.
How many times have the team in 7th been promoted via the playoffs?
You know I just thought that after posting.. I’m sure the FA role out a better ref.

I’m confident of the top 7 finish and think that’s lucky given the injuries to JJ alone without Andreu being added.

The playoffs themselves I’ve no confidence of us winning over 2 legs. I don’t think we’ve the right fans and correct mindset to back the boys in a winner takes all scenario.

Imagine we go to Notts county say and get a draw, we’d be happy with that then Notts County come here in front of a big crowd and sky cameras.
1) we don’t do big games with big crowds at the Ricoh.
2) were a toxic bunch at times that’s been starved of any domestic success, go a goal down and fans will turn horrendously, all players will be shit, shouts of sort it out Robins. Support for the players in a pressure cooker scenario will fade rapidly.

I think the mindset or negativity is bad at every club in league 2 possibly barring Lincoln who are on the Up, it gets toxic wether your at Mansfield , Notts or Morecambe.

I agree it’s about mindset we get that early goal and fans are right behind the team. Which is what we have done in the cups recently. Also being underdogs has suited us. Mindset of fans is different. The expectations from fans are very high for Cov in league 2 that’s the problem.

Recently vs Newport , Yeovil and Notts fans were still behind the team when we went agoal down which was reassuring. Managed to draw level two occasions, Yeovil going 3 nil down very early was a bit too much of a mountain.

Joy Division

Current form is making me think we may not make the play offs. If we do make the top 7 I think we might do okay, cup games under Robins suggests we do well in these kind of situations. Lets hope.

Users who are viewing this thread