Appeal Dismissed (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

It’s a very random reply and totally unconnected to the original tweet. Also I don’t think Hoffman’s involvement in Northampton Cricket club is hardly breaking news is it? Sure it’s been mentioned on here that he’s been involved for years so possibly not even an accurate reply as well as random.
tbf I didn't know that ;)

Although in the context of that particular tweet, it's totally irrelevant anyway. May as well ask what washing powder he uses.

Might be worthwhile checking it out when the next bid comes in for us, mind you... ;)

M

Martw

I think most of us hope/think that ultimately a deal will be struck almost grudgingly on both sides.
CCFC have nowhere else to play, in that sense they are boxed in.
Wasps probably cannot live with the PR nightmare that would follow a no-deal and CCFC folding
But, I suspect Wasps are at the end of their tether and I honestly believe that a no-deal could happen
but hope that a new deal will be struck but certainly not at current levels. CCFC will pay more to stay as Wasps
will try to claw some cash back from this sorry debacle. Wasps have made their case clear and I expect a press release
stating that they are disappointed with the news and must stick to their statement that until the Legals are finished then
they will not negotiate.
I take OSB's point re SISU's investors and Otium /CCFC etc but its ridiculous of the club to continue with this line that
they are not involved - directors of both companies are and that can never be separated in reality.

I think a deal will be done but if not then we will cease trading, I see that as the only other option.....

Dreadful dismal depressing days...….

skybluetony176

I never knew that but it is very random.

Even if he was going to try and takeover, still don't get the connection.

I could be wrong but as soon as read it my first thought was it wasn’t breaking news anyway. Sure I read it on here long ago. Maybe I heard it somewhere else.

Covstu

Why jump in now ? ...... surely it would be best to sit tight? In any case Seppala wont be interested until this court action has run its course. Would be pointless putting a bid in now
exactly right, leave it until things are desperate then formulate a bid. if they show their hand now it will be rejected off hand, wait until March when the round issue is desperate then they may have a chance albeit still unsure how credible that 'bid' would be.

Nick

Administrator
exactly right, leave it until things are desperate then formulate a bid. if they show their hand now it will be rejected off hand, wait until March when the round issue is desperate then they may have a chance albeit still unsure how credible that 'bid' would be.

I think they are best off waiting if they really do want to put a serious bid in. like you say.

Even if they jump in around March I can't see it doing much other than get fans hopes up, get their names sung at games and it would look as if they have been drafted in to increase pressure again.

Captain Dart

Covstu

I'm not angry as it was expected but the whole thing is soul destroying. We all want this to come to an end however my biggest worry is that 'the end' might be something we all wont like.

I cannot see a positive end for us as supporters of this, we have started to build a decent side and actually feel relatively positive about the footballing side of things but that could be all wiped away if things carry on. People said that Northampton wouldn't happen but it did and I can see the Ricoh issue carrying on until the death.

As Renton said in Trainspotting..... 'its shite being a City fan, we are the lowest of the low!!'

Covstu

I think they are best off waiting if they really do want to put a serious bid in. like you say.

Even if they jump in around March I can't see it doing much other than get fans hopes up, get their names sung at games and it would look as if they have been drafted in to increase pressure again.
agree, don't think the offer will be any better off than what we have now but SISU would have gone, is that enough??

Captain Dart

Couldn’t say. Just found it a bit random that someone brought Hoffman into the equation without a single word on SISU, CCFC,Wasps or indeed the court case which afterall was what the original tweet was about.
Maybe Hoffman has lost interest in owning a football club? But whatever there are others in the consortium he formed
PS do not mention Dale 'Walter Mitty' Evans or I will hunt you down and kill you. :rage:

Liquid Gold

There have been plenty of football clubs bought and sold in the time Sisu have been here, they all have primacy on their stadium though. The only people who would buy City are mad supporters because it never makes business sense.

fernandopartridge

Why jump in now ? ...... surely it would be best to sit tight? In any case Seppala wont be interested until this court action has run its course. Would be pointless putting a bid in now
Is this court action with any real expectation of a return or is it to demonstrate to investors that SISU will go to any lengths to protect their investment?

fernandopartridge

Can they still go to the European court after brexit?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
For the transition period yes I think so. After March 2021 not sure, I think May's intention is to not. However, not sure if the ECJ would still have jurisdiction even after then due to the Wasps sale taking place in 2014.

Ashdown

The future would be ideal for CCFC to be owning half that stadium. It makes sense for both sports clubs for the short and long term........now anyone got about £30 million going spare ?!

M

Martw

I think most sensible people know that Boddy is utterly helpless in this and that this is Seppala and Fisher's doing - god knows what he must be thinking.
The line that the football club isn't involved is all he can realistically say at the moment...

Nick

Administrator
The future would be ideal for CCFC to be owning half that stadium. It makes sense for both sports clubs for the short and long term........now anyone got about £30 million going spare ?!

It doesn't really make much sense short term. Especially not for £30 million.

Liquid Gold

Pick it up from London's administrators in a few years. I could even see Sisu buying them in some mad twist of fate.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

We need a national media campaign pressuring Wasps into letting us stay for the sake of the fans. I really hope it isn't the case but I can easily see CCFC being crushed between two equally hard-nosed businesses as SISU protect their investment and Wasps seek to deter them by damaging their assets.

Anyone know roughly how long a decision will take on whether the appeal will be heard?

6 Generations

According to Wasps statement, regardless of the implications, no discussions on our playing future will take place while legal action persists.

M

Martw

I have always said that personal pressure towards Seppalla is the only way forward, she hates publicity. I don't mean for one second anything illegal
that's 100% wrong but press coverage etc highlighting to as wide as audience as possible maybe a route to getting some sense from her.

Magwitch

Might have tonight if the right numbers come out

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I have always said that personal pressure towards Seppalla is the only way forward, she hates publicity. I don't mean for one second anything illegal
that's 100% wrong but press coverage etc highlighting to as wide as audience as possible maybe a route to getting some sense from her.
Really don't think this would make a jot of difference, sadly. In my opinion the only real hope (and it is definitely more dream than hope) of CCFC ever not being completely weighed down with all this absolute nonsense, is of a stupidly wealthy person or consortium looking for a plaything / to become a set of supporters' hero. The likelihood of this is almost nil, when there are far, far more appealing clubs to buy up and down the country.

skybluesam66

its back to 2013 - and the football again becomes less important
I wish SISU would fuck off to where they come from. Wasps to where they come from and the council back up their own arses

This is our football club - Do we have right of appeal maybe against the other 3 parties for wilful distruction of a community asset?

Nick

Administrator
its back to 2013 - and the football again becomes less important
I wish SISU would fuck off to where they come from. Wasps to where they come from and the council back up their own arses

This is our football club - Do we have right of appeal maybe against the other 3 parties for wilful distruction of a community asset?

The football isn't any less important. There's a game tonight.

The football is only less important if people let it be. Bollocks to that.

NorthernWisdom

I'm not angry as it was expected but the whole thing is soul destroying. We all want this to come to an end however my biggest worry is that 'the end' might be something we all wont like.

I cannot see a positive end for us as supporters of this, we have started to build a decent side and actually feel relatively positive about the footballing side of things but that could be all wiped away if things carry on. People said that Northampton wouldn't happen but it did and I can see the Ricoh issue carrying on until the death.

As Renton said in Trainspotting..... 'its shite being a City fan, we are the lowest of the low!!'
tbh it's why we need to be as high as we can be in the league ladder - not only to push Wasps down, but also so that people might notice us if we went!

Users who are viewing this thread