Appeal Dismissed (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

If they can do it before 4 or after 6. I've got stuff to do before the game.
what gets me is why wait until the last dying seconds to put the appeal in? they know they are going to do so why not last week or the week before. bloody mental if you ask me!!!

bradwellskyblues

i think this can be dealt with quite quickly if the supreme court say there are no grounds for an appeal thats it i think he said with a degree of hope

Nick

Administrator
It's maddening. Just fuck off. Fuck off Sisu, fuck of London Wasps fuck off.

This must be the most difficult club in the world to keep supporting.

You wouldn't half mind it if there was any chance that CCFC would be re-united with the Ricoh and we all live happily ever. It's not even slightly likely that SISU themselves would get the Ricoh and make millions from it .

May as well just tell the Wasps PR people to start their Christmas holidays now. That's how easy it makes it for them.

Is another appeal really going to put Wasps out of business if that's what they are trying to do? Yes they may be struggling but don't think it's likely.

SkyBlueCRJ

The last time adminstration was used SISU controlled it and only put one part of the company structure through the process. They also managed to kill dead any investigations as to whether assets had been moved around in preparation for administration.
This time round they probably want to get unfettered access to the one tangible asset they have, Ryton. This could well be easier if CCFC was no longer a going concern and the question of commitments to continue the Academy were no longer on the table. Yes, players contracts have value but the League rules as to preference to footlball creditors could be a drawback.
Does the current company structure give SISU options?
Selling CCFC as a going concern will not be a quick process. So, i wouldn't rule out liquidation. It's down to SISU decding which gives them the quickest and/ or least expernsive exit. After all much of their "investment" is already effectively lost.

Liquidation often isn't the cheapest route. Rangers' liquidation in 2012 is an example of this. I'm not saying it's the same as they had more creditors but it's by no means the cheapest manner of exiting the club as there are legal fees etc. to contend with.

Grendel

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

With regards to he FL kicking us out, aren’t we reasonably big enough to join the 20 or so clubs that are trying to break away from the championship? Can’t we just join them and groundshare with Birmingham, or at worst Nuneaton til we sort ourselves out?

Further to that do the EFL have the appetite with court battles with the 20 breakaway clubs and one with SISU? I don’t think so, we’ll be groundsharing again if worst come to worst

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, Boddy puts in the programme notes some scare mongering that if we don't get a deal the club might get kicked out of the league. I assume the intention was to try and put pressure on Wasps to do a deal.

The way it has been timed and done relieves any pressure and just makes it backfire as he has worried people into thinking the club won't exist.

SkyBlueCRJ

You wouldn't half mind it if there was any chance that CCFC would be re-united with the Ricoh and we all live happily ever. It's not even slightly likely that SISU themselves would get the Ricoh and make millions from it .

May as well just tell the Wasps PR people to start their Christmas holidays now. That's how easy it makes it for them.

Is another appeal really going to put Wasps out of business if that's what they are trying to do? Yes they may be struggling but don't think it's likely.

I think SISU are probably attempting put pressure on their main backer. There were strong rumours that he planned on walking away at the back end of last season due to do the difficulties surrounding Wasps. E.g. average crowds, financial strain and I'm sure the legal battle was a factor. If he pulls away they would go out of business wouldn't they?

SkyBlueCRJ

May as well of just given them an empty cheque book and said put it in yourself.

My thoughts exactly. After over half a decade of legal battles SISU will now gone full circle and will probably end up paying £1.3 million a year in rent again :banghead:

Nick

Administrator
I think SISU are probably attempting put pressure on their main backer. There were strong rumours that he planned on walking away at the back end of last season due to do the difficulties surrounding Wasps. E.g. average crowds, financial strain and I'm sure the legal battle was a factor. If he pulls away they would go out of business wouldn't they?

I can't see that happening either. He won't want to look weak by walking away surely because of it?

Still, if that was the aim you would think that appeals like this won't do that as he would probably get the legal money back.

Chucking the money into PR "wars" would do a better job than the legal "wars".

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not really surprise news. I assume the Otium name is still on the documents filed ?

Perhaps now people will finally understand that the SISU driving force in all this are their investors not CCFC.

Wasps could do a short term deal if they chose to (i think they will in the end) but they are not going to do that at the moment because they can tighten the screw on our owners. Ask yourself in their position what would you do? How might you use events to your best advantage? Whilst the legals carry on i wouldn't expect any movement before next March. Wasps do not need to comment or do anything and i suspect they wont. Both sides of this are trying to use the events & legals to their best advantage. The losers are the fans as always.

Over two years it has cost Wasps £500k (thats up to 30/06/2018) - yes they might get some of it back - but it will have hit cash flow not just increased losses for now. Wasps biggest problem has been cash flow. Further legal action will hit both losses & cash flow again. Have they been repaid any yet? I doubt they have it all back, certainly hadn't up to 30/06/2018. Not going to make them too sympathetic..... in the longer term they want CCFC there so they are unlikely to go nuclear on us

Yes SISU are perfectly entitled to pursue the legal action, they do not and never have seen it from a CCFC fan point of view. It is simply cold hard business, their business. Similarly Wasps are entitled to say that's it we are not talking and not renewing the ground arrangements. Again just business to them - they have no affinity for CCFC. Its brinksmanship all over again, something worryingly SISU have miscalculated before

Just a thought but a 250 year Wasps lease does not exclude a 125 year CCFC lease at the Ricoh. Which could lead to increased value on both balance sheets

Have asked this before but are Wasps owned by a hedge fund or a private investment/fund I think it is the latter.... no matter really both Wasps & SISU are playing hard ball with CCFC/Otium and the worry firmly centred on us the fans.

With today's news then it will be harder to target any protest against Wasps. The focus for many fans will be SISU legal actions. It will have a further dampening effect on the fans, hit our income to some degree and at a time when things are generally looking to be on the up from the team. Frustrating. It will hamper some of what Boddy has been trying to rebuild. No wonder he is concerned, but he is pretty powerless. Still find it hard to believe him and Fisher didn't know where things were heading. I do hope he doesnt come out with "its nothing to do with us we are not involved" again, it is because it affects the future of CCFC - no one really believes "we are not involved" DB the company that is legally CCFC is involved

Just want this saga over, I want news about CCFC to be just about the football side of things :(

Last edited:

Captain Dart

what gets me is why wait until the last dying seconds to put the appeal in? they know they are going to do so why not last week or the week before. bloody mental if you ask me!!!

They want to drag the process out,is it not a risk factor that has to be mentioned in Wasps accounts?

SkyBlueCRJ

I can't see that happening either. He won't want to look weak by walking away surely because of it?

Still, if that was the aim you would think that appeals like this won't do that as he would probably get the legal money back.

Well this is where I don't get their logic. Like I said they're probably playing on the fact that if he was close to walking away once then he's more than likely to potentially walk away a second time. But that's such a huge gamble to take because as you've said, they're probably going to have to pay legal reparations anyway so it's hardly any skin off his back really from a financial POV in the long term. If SISU won I think he'd almost definitely walk away but to put it simple terms there's no chance in hell of that happening.

skybluetony176

Walking away would be a show of strength not weakness.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Who has ever questioned it though?

Not questioned it nick but not understood. Anyone who has said SISU need to put more transfer money in, SISU have had a change of heart, SISU should stop the legals etc ........... They look at it from a CCFC point of view that is not understanding SISU

Nick

Administrator
Well this is where I don't get their logic. Like I said they're probably playing on the fact that if he was close to walking away once then he's more than likely to potentially walk away a second time. But that's such a huge gamble to take because as you've said, they're probably going to have to pay legal reparations anyway so it's hardly any skin off his back really from a financial POV in the long term. If SISU won I think he'd almost definitely walk away but to put it simple terms there's no chance in hell of that happening.

If they want him to walk away there are much better ways to try and damage Wasps financially you would think that doesn't damage CCFC at the same time.

Even without them "caring" about CCFC, there would be better ways.

SkyBlueCRJ

Walking away would be a show of strength not weakness.

I don't think it's necessarily to do with strength or weakness. I think it's more simple than that. In my eyes the only reason why he'd walk away is because running Wasps is far more trouble than it's worth. At the end of the day take CCFC out of the equation. They're still putting out average crowds, aren't exactly pulling up trees in the league and are losing money hand over mouth. That combined with the legal troubles must make it a living nightmare to run.

SkyBlueCRJ

If they want him to walk away there are much better ways to try and damage Wasps financially you would think that doesn't damage CCFC at the same time.

Well there are but they're stereotypical Americans aren't they and deal with issues the only way they know how. Shock and awe.

skybluetony176

Reading through the replies to Simon Gilbert’s tweet and someone has thrown a random smear into the mix on Hoffman. I wonder if that means Hoffman and his consortium are planning a third bid of the back of this news?

SkyBlueCRJ

Reading through the replies to Simon Gilbert’s tweet and someone has thrown a random smear into the mix on Hoffman. I wonder if that means Hoffman and his consortium are planning a third bid of the back of this news?

I hope not. I'm very wary of Hoffman - no better than what we currently have now in my eyes.

skybluetony176

I don't think it's necessarily to do with strength or weakness. I think it's more simple than that. In my eyes the only reason why he'd walk away is because running Wasps is far more trouble than it's worth. At the end of the day take CCFC out of the equation. They're still putting out average crowds, aren't exactly pulling up trees in the league and are losing money hand over mouth. That combined with the legal troubles must make it a living nightmare to run.

Misread/misinterpreted your original post I think. When you said that SISU wanted to put pressure on their backer I read that as SISU’s own backer Not Wasps hedge funds backer. My mistake.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Why jump in now ? ...... surely it would be best to sit tight? In any case Seppala wont be interested until this court action has run its course. Would be pointless putting a bid in now

Nick

Administrator
Well there are but they're stereotypical Americans aren't they and deal with issues the only way they know how. Shock and awe.

giphy.gif

In terms of Hoffman trying for a takeover bid, not too sure what it would achieve. If anything it will just make it look like he's a pawn in the negotiating.

skybluetony176

Why jump in now ? ...... surely it would be best to sit tight? In any case Seppala wont be interested until this court action has run its course. Would be pointless putting a bid in now

Couldn’t say. Just found it a bit random that someone brought Hoffman into the equation without a single word on SISU, CCFC,Wasps or indeed the court case which afterall was what the original tweet was about.

skybluetony176

giphy.gif

In terms of Hoffman trying for a takeover bid, not too sure what it would achieve. If anything it will just make it look like he's a pawn in the negotiating.

It’s a very random reply and totally unconnected to the original tweet. Also I don’t think Hoffman’s involvement in Northampton Cricket club is hardly breaking news is it? Sure it’s been mentioned on here that he’s been involved for years so possibly not even an accurate reply as well as random.

Nick

Administrator
It’s a very random reply and totally unconnected to the original tweet. Also I don’t think Hoffman’s involvement in Northampton Cricket club is hardly breaking news is it? Sure it’s been mentioned on here that he’s been involved for years so possibly not even an accurate reply as well as random.

I never knew that but it is very random.

Even if he was going to try and takeover, still don't get the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread