Anyone else fed up, what's your story? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Had problems with my wife dramatising everything. I have been working on average 72 hours a week to keep the job going at work. All the time I have left is taken up elsewhere helping out others. But all she could think about was not seeing me. Other people would see it as a blessing.

All I kept saying to her was explaining what others are going through. Hers is just a blip. But then she found out that there are mothers stuck in a different country to their young kids as they are the ones at work and the husbands are looking after the kids.

Hopefully things will get back to some sort of reality soon. Most of us will forget how hard it is as years go by other than for those where life has changed dramatically. My heart goes out to those ❤

Brighton Sky Blue

Had problems with my wife dramatising everything. I have been working on average 72 hours a week to keep the job going at work. All the time I have left is taken up elsewhere helping out others. But all she could think about was not seeing me. Other people would see it as a blessing.

All I kept saying to her was explaining what others are going through. Hers is just a blip. But then she found out that there are mothers stuck in a different country to their young kids as they are the ones at work and the husbands are looking after the kids.

Hopefully things will get back to some sort of reality soon. Most of us will forget how hard it is as years go by other than for those where life has changed dramatically. My heart goes out to those ❤

You need to come clean about all those 'business trips' to Sunderland mate.

Reactions: vow

Astute

You need to come clean about all those 'business trips' to Sunderland mate.
Only go for the piss up and football with mates from there.

Now Newcastle is a different matter. Used to go there to visit Rockshots before it closed 😆😁

Brighton Sky Blue

Lovely people but they take their football seriously and it makes our rivalry with anyone you could think of very tame.

My grandad was from County Durham, he just went and watched both sides on alternate weeks. Though yes in the places themselves they are pretty mental

BodicoteSkyBlue

A few colleagues have had the vaccine and depending on which one have suffered side effects . One set of the side effects sounds very similar to symptoms of the virus ( I don’t know whether that’s to boost your immunity system)

I have to make my appointment next week.
Hope everyone is ok at the moment
My sister works at Warwick hospital, she had her first jab yesterday (Oxford one) says it gave her slight headache and obviously a sore arm.

Johnnythespider

As I mentioned, my mum passed away last year and I was talking to the owner of the funeral directors and he said he had never seen anything like it in terms of how busy they had been because of Covid-19.
Every cloud

cov1975

So after reading all comments I feel that we have all had tough time and we all need to vent somewhere. I lost my mother news years eve ,my mrs lost her mother and sister march and april last year.But Im still here still standing still wanting the city to win each week but most of all im still here if anyone need to vent there frustration anger etc

Otis

Sorry to hear. That's so much to deal with. I can't begin to imagine what that just be like. 😥

Let's hope the City can put a smile on all our faces.

Would be lovely to see us clear of any relegation woes and Covid free.

🤞

LastGarrison

This thread really is sobering and helps put some perspective on my own current problems.

I’ve never really been one for internet meet ups but maybe after this is all over we do meet up for a good old drink!! Although keeping in the theme of this place it would have to be in Weatherspoons Earlsdon!

Brighton Sky Blue

This thread really is sobering and helps put some perspective on my own current problems.

I’ve never really been one for internet meet ups but maybe after this is all over we do meet up for a good old drink!! Although keeping in the theme of this place it would have to be in Weatherspoons Earlsdon!

Nah, the Wheatsheaf dressed in full kit

Nick

Administrator
I may have cancer. I may not.

I have to wait until April until I get further tests as my first tests were inconclusive & then they lost some biopsy results...& I'm fully expecting it to be put back further bearing in mind the tsunami of covid thats swamping my local hospital.

I haven't told the Mrs. & kids yet cos.....well, what's the fucking point?

My business took about a 70% drop in turnover during the 1st lockdown.....its been ticking along ok since then except my bad debtor list is massive & still growing.....even some blue chips not paying my invoices...cunts.

My drinking has gone through the roof...I'm even doing secret drinking......

I'm more & more tempted to go and lose myself in a bag like the bad old days.

Its all fucking dog shit.

Don't keep it in mate, it's not something you should be battling with in your own head.

Speak to your wife and if you don't want to worry her then look to speak to somebody properly just to get things off for chest and have a conversation about it.

Even just by posting on here or having a pm conversation, the good thing is that however people argue about politics and Lee burge that most inboxes are open for a random chat.

mrtrench

Likewise for me. For better or worse, I have to do something I believe in to keep me motivated, and I've felt trapped for a while because of circumstance. Each day, I feel a little piece of me dies, and there's little point in my existence at work. I would quit but... got to pay the bills, and appreciate I'm lucky enough to have a job atm!

But work is currently soulless and pointless - I feel detached and marginalised. Am rubbish at interviews so it's usually a grind to change jobs anyway, so had a couple of interviews with no luck but... less out there.

Can't sleep for bother about the utter, utter pointlessness..

And yes, I feel worse because I'm fully aware there are people with it far worse than me, so I should be grateful. Post Christmas has just emphasised how out of place I am, however.

I feel for you. I was in several jobs over the years that I hated... sometimes crying on my wife's shoulder in the evening because I couldn't see a way out. What I will say, is that many times those jobs improved massively due to change: people making my life a misery left or were sacked.

In one it turned out that my boss was having an affair with her boss; everyone senior knew and I was just perplexed as to why they were ignoring me (not even returning "good morning" when I came into the office) and giving me no guidance (this was my first job in programming when I was young). They were moved, a new manager brought in and it became one of the best jobs I ever had.

In another, a toxic office was completely closed down and I was moved to London where I joined a wonderful team of people who were frustrated with the lack of delivery and constant politics from that other office. It was the first and only time I got a feel of what it was like to be on the receiving end of racism (it was in Wales and my boss hated the English).

It turned out that more senior people had noticed and something happened. Maybe that was just because banks are very on the ball about non-achievement, I don't know. However, I wish that or something else positive for you.

mrtrench

I'm better off than most: we have a garden and I love gardening and as many of you know I stopped working full-time 20 months ago. I cannot really complain. But I will... ;)

The plan was to live off dividends until I bought an annuity with my pension pot. Most of my savings are in bank shares - the BoE cancelled all dividends and the shares fell by over 50%. So far so bad.

I have a book selling business online, so that's bringing in a little bit of cash and I started teaching (private tuition). The latter money is small also and it comes in fits and starts (cannot really teach maths online and every lockdown I have to stop). So cash is tight (I'm not eligible for any government support).

On the other hand, I'm happy at home reading, listening to music and gardening and my marriage is still fine. So it could be an awful lot worse. Best wishes to everyone much worse off than me. If I believed in God I would pray for you.

Mcbean

What can i say but lots of you were brave to write some serious issues on here - please seek help - a problem shared is a problem halved and so on - when you can't see through something someone else might and provide some assistance - Covid will have made us more introverted and that's not ideal for resolving issues so keep talking and if you have'nt started talking go ahead - there's no shame in seeking help . We are all in one big club with a similar interest and no class barriers and i very much respect the views of those here PUSB we have a lot to look forward to TOGETHER !

D

Deleted member 4439

Hit sixty this year. All of my life beyond school has been shit. I used to be able to find some level of positivity but find I can't kid myself anymore. But, hey, you're a long time dead.

Macca

oooh you bitch you have a short memory 😜

Liquid Gold

My fucking tooth has fallen apart and a dentist won't treat it as an emergency appointment because I'm not in serious pain even though I've literally got bits of it on the table.

Sky Blue Harry H

So I got two businesses and both are currently shut down thanks to Covid. Income zero, yet there are still expenses associated with both and almost no help what so ever.
So as I plan and work on the future plans, and get ready to start back up, there is only so much you can do. You tend to lose the willpower to keep being positive. It's been a year since I last saw my expensive investment of a boat in Florida, which may well be full of mould, and goodness knows what I will be facing when I can get out there.

What's everyone else's story?
P*ssed off mate. Went to visit some friends in the USA, but got stuck over their due to Cov-id/Visa issues. Ran low on funds, but luckily found this lovely boat to doss on for free. Had a few good parties with the locals, but had to leave eventually due to the mould. See you at The Trillion. PUSB!

Liquid Gold

That's awful, there is little worse than tooth pain. Have you tried this?

Yeah been through the hoops, just waiting on call backs now. Weird thing is it isn't that painful so I'm not priority but half of my tooth is out and if they don't stick it back in then it is going to become painful.

Users who are viewing this thread