Anyone else fed up, what's your story? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

So I got two businesses and both are currently shut down thanks to Covid. Income zero, yet there are still expenses associated with both and almost no help what so ever.
So as I plan and work on the future plans, and get ready to start back up, there is only so much you can do. You tend to lose the willpower to keep being positive. It's been a year since I last saw my expensive investment of a boat in Florida, which may well be full of mould, and goodness knows what I will be facing when I can get out there.

What's everyone else's story?

Rich

I’m working my arse off, I wish I’d bought a company when I was thinking of it a year or two back.
I hope things turn around for you mate, you must’ve worked hard to be able to invest in a boat (jealous). Fingers crossed it’s ok mate, I have a caravan in storage in wolvey that I hope is ok. We never got to winterise it.

skybluetony176

Not seen my parents and family since December 2019, missing my nephews grow up - it’s shit.
It’s a fucker. We got some bad news from Ireland just before Xmas. One of my uncles got diagnosed with cancer and it’s probably going to be what kills him. First I couldn’t give my mum a hug when she’s telling me and second she can’t go home to see her brother and thirdly unless something changes she won’t be able be able to get over for the funeral.

Paxman II

The point of mentioning the boat was the Florida weather, and the mould can be serious and with various other factors, engines etc all around a salt water enviroment is not a good thing at all. I stand to loose 10,s of thousands if I have to sell it on if there are too many issues worth spending money on or even consider putting right. I spent 15k on a new gearbox to one engine just before it all started, so not being able to get out there is a serious problem. Not to mention the marina cost don't stop.
Along with both businesses shut down, really is a massive headache no one could have forseen. I'm angry but my mental health is just fine (though many will disagree with that on here!)
I don't have parents anymore but glad I moved the mother in law in before this all started to get legs. Most other family are in Coventry who I have not seen. Ran out of decent Netflix and Amazon prime shows, and our beloved Sky Blues are a highlight of each week.

So who's still at work f/t? Who's furloughed and finding it tough? or are you content on furlough? What sort of problems are you facing?

Otis

It’s a fucker. We got some bad news from Ireland just before Xmas. One of my uncles got diagnosed with cancer and it’s probably going to be what kills him. First I couldn’t give my mum a hug when she’s telling me and second she can’t go home to see her brother and thirdly unless something changes she won’t be able be able to get over for the funeral.
It's so tough isn't it. My mum died in June and so many people were unable to go to the funeral and I hadn't seen her since March.

Paxman II

Very sad to hear it. I hope it changes soon enough for you and your mum.

clint van damme

The point of mentioning the boat was the Florida weather, and the mould can be serious and with various other factors, engines etc all around a salt water enviroment is not a good thing at all. I stand to loose 10,s of thousands if I have to sell it on if there are too many issues worth spending money on or even consider putting right. I spent 15k on a new gearbox to one engine just before it all started, so not being able to get out there is a serious problem. Not to mention the marina cost don't stop.
Along with both businesses shut down, really is a massive headache no one could have forseen. I'm angry but my mental health is just fine (though many will disagree with that on here!)
I don't have parents anymore but glad I moved the mother in law in before this all started to get legs. Most other family are in Coventry who I have not seen. Ran out of decent Netflix and Amazon prime shows, and our beloved Sky Blues are a highlight of each week.

So who's still at work f/t? Who's furloughed and finding it tough? or are you content on furlough? What sort of problems are you facing?

All joking aside I hope you can hang on to your businesses and get through this with them in tact

Nick

Administrator
So I got two businesses and both are currently shut down thanks to Covid. Income zero, yet there are still expenses associated with both and almost no help what so ever.
So as I plan and work on the future plans, and get ready to start back up, there is only so much you can do. You tend to lose the willpower to keep being positive. It's been a year since I last saw my expensive investment of a boat in Florida, which may well be full of mould, and goodness knows what I will be facing when I can get out there.

What's everyone else's story?
Fucking hell.

I haven't been able to have my weekly 3somes with dua lipa and Holly Willoughby.

I get businesses closing down but boats in Florida?

Otis

Fucking hell.

I haven't been able to have my weekly 3somes with dua lipa and Holly Willoughby.

I get businesses closing down but boats in Florida?
I told you!! Wait your motherflipping turn. 😡

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's so tough isn't it. My mum died in June and so many people were unable to go to the funeral and I hadn't seen her since March.
Sorry to hear that Otis ,

shmmeee

New starter, junior so needs a lot of help so I’m back in the office full time, just me and him. Worst of all worlds, hour commute total, can’t shit on my own toilet, and still no office atmosphere. House purchase is taking forever so I’m stuck at my parents worried about bringing the disease back to them.

To top it all off, my kids were self isolating with their Mum and now have to stay another four days apparently because she wasn’t actually self isolating and got her boyfriend over and now he’s got symptoms too so that resets the clock or something.

Still, at least I’m not missing my boat.

Grendel

I’ve worked pretty much all through it. I don’t have to go in but I choose to and I believe it’s a risk worth taken as being stuck in home would drive me insane

Sbarcher

For me it's no real difference. Semi retired but take on some consultancy work from home for about 3-4 days a month. That's about right for me so it doesn't get in the way of getting out and about and my fishing. I do miss my place in Spain. Last time there was exactlty a year ago so miss my warm winter break. Mind you they have had the worst weather for 70years in some areas.

cowboy1850

I was trying to get out of this job and get another job when Covid happened, I am not enjoying my job at all. Since Covid I am having more put on me while others reduce their in work hours and abuse their positions (and get pay rises). There's so much competition for jobs at the moment, I will struggle to move on in this climate so I'm stuck for now. It seems to be accepted that anyone in position of power in this country are free to behave how they want while expecting people 'below them' to do more and more ("be flexible" lol) and accept disrespect and bullying as though it's normal.

fernandopartridge

I've been working from home since 13 March (I preempted lockdown by a week). I've been busy all the way through really, but finding it a real drag now, our offices are not open if I wanted to go in.

I'm fortunate to be in a job which seems secure based on the level of business we're getting in, but fuck me I hate work at the minute. I have not seen my family and cov based mates for ages.

xcraigx

First and foremost, I've not seen any family since a funeral the week before the first lockdown. My 13 month old daughter has not seen any of my side of the family in 12 months. That's been the biggest miss.

Aside from that i've lost my business and as my wife worked for me she lost her job too. On the plus side the wife started selling online so we are better off than many (well she is as she's earning and i'm helping free of charge) but it's painfully dull work and with no face to face interactions it's no fun at all. Every day is exactly the same.

NorthernWisdom

I was trying to get out of this job and get another job when Covid happened, I am not enjoying my job at all.
Likewise for me. For better or worse, I have to do something I believe in to keep me motivated, and I've felt trapped for a while because of circumstance. Each day, I feel a little piece of me dies, and there's little point in my existence at work. I would quit but... got to pay the bills, and appreciate I'm lucky enough to have a job atm!

But work is currently soulless and pointless - I feel detached and marginalised. Am rubbish at interviews so it's usually a grind to change jobs anyway, so had a couple of interviews with no luck but... less out there.

Can't sleep for bother about the utter, utter pointlessness..

And yes, I feel worse because I'm fully aware there are people with it far worse than me, so I should be grateful. Post Christmas has just emphasised how out of place I am, however.

Terry Gibson's perm

2020 was a long year had Covid so off for three weeks, had the home schooling malarkey as well as working nights, displaced two discs in my back in November and been off work since, could probably go back but getting 80% pay sitting at home which is a lot more Covid safe than work even though my wife is a nurse.

Hearing all sorts of shit about work and the three most disgusting lazy little shits have all been promoted. My team leader is moving sites and been replaced by a lad of 20 who has worked there for a year and his previous job experience was working in a chippie and he is not one of the three.

Would like to start my own business back in my old field but worry I have been away to long to have the right knowledge.

But we should all remain positive as we have lost guys on here and it could easily have been many of us.

My most enjoyable moment on 2020 was to see Coventry city league one champions on the sky yellow box and to know we are now only one massive step from the promised land.

Otis

I was trying to get out of this job and get another job when Covid happened, I am not enjoying my job at all. Since Covid I am having more put on me while others reduce their in work hours and abuse their positions (and get pay rises). There's so much competition for jobs at the moment, I will struggle to move on in this climate so I'm stuck for now. It seems to be accepted that anyone in position of power in this country are free to behave how they want while expecting people 'below them' to do more and more ("be flexible" lol) and accept disrespect and bullying as though it's normal.
I'm surprised you're still working at your age

Otis

Likewise for me. For better or worse, I have to do something I believe in to keep me motivated, and I've felt trapped for a while because of circumstance. Each day, I feel a little piece of me dies, and there's little point in my existence at work. I would quit but... got to pay the bills, and appreciate I'm lucky enough to have a job atm!

But work is currently soulless and pointless - I feel detached and marginalised. Am rubbish at interviews so it's usually a grind to change jobs anyway, so had a couple of interviews with no luck but... less out there.

Can't sleep for bother about the utter, utter pointlessness..

And yes, I feel worse because I'm fully aware there are people with it far worse than me, so I should be grateful. Post Christmas has just emphasised how out of place I am, however.
Sorry to hear that, NW.

I think I am very lucky, as I am creative, so am always able to keep myself busy. Also, my dad is 90 and vulnerable, so I am constantly going over to his to do his shopping and pick up his laundry etc.

Was supposed to be staging a show this year for the City of Culture, but it is looking really unlikely now that it will go ahead, so I am now creating a boardgame. That's keeping me focussed.

Think I would be more intensely focused on it though if I had a boat.

Sbarcher

Sorry to hear that, NW.

I think I am very lucky, as I am creative, so am always able to keep myself busy. Also, my dad is 90 and vulnerable, so I am constantly going over to his to do his shopping and pick up his laundry etc.

Was supposed to be staging a show this year for the City of Culture, but it is looking really unlikely now that it will go ahead, so I am now creating a boardgame. That's keeping me focussed.

Think I would be more intensely focused on it though if I had a boat.
You could then create an All Aboard game.

Rich

I think some may be surprised at the amount of jobs out there at the moment. Of course it depends on the industry, but things are really buoyant in some areas.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think some may be surprised at the amount of jobs out there at the moment. Of course it depends on the industry, but things are really buoyant in some areas.

The Covid market is flying

Brighton Sky Blue

Since remote teaching resumed I’m spending about 15 hours a day in front of the screen, either preparing lessons, marking, teaching, etc. Other half is doing the same and we’re both back to being snappy and tense because of it. Got friends who keep going on about having nothing to do and it’s hard not to be snappy with them either. I know not being in is the correct thing and I was calling for it before Christmas, but it’s barely been two weeks and I’ve had enough of the fucked up workload with little relief.

Well, except for you fine folks

Users who are viewing this thread