Anyone else fed up, what's your story? (1 Viewer)

hill83

Split from the wife (she told me she’d had enough of me when I thought I had Covid back in march which was lovely) renting with my uncle until we sell the house.
Worked the lot, 5k pay cut.
My dad nearly died from liver damage from drinking and is going into rehab next month.
My mum was homeless for a bit during the first lockdown.
Bought a PS5.

Brighton Sky Blue

As I mentioned, my mum passed away last year and I was talking to the owner of the funeral directors and he said he had never seen anything like it in terms of how busy they had been because of Covid-19.

He did one service for a Scottish bloke who had died just before Christmas. They had arranged a piper who not only showed up late but played the wrong song! He has also had quite a lot of work through for similar reasons.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I may have cancer. I may not.

I have to wait until April until I get further tests as my first tests were inconclusive & then they lost some biopsy results...& I'm fully expecting it to be put back further bearing in mind the tsunami of covid thats swamping my local hospital.

I haven't told the Mrs. & kids yet cos.....well, what's the fucking point?

My business took about a 70% drop in turnover during the 1st lockdown.....its been ticking along ok since then except my bad debtor list is massive & still growing.....even some blue chips not paying my invoices...cunts.

My drinking has gone through the roof...I'm even doing secret drinking......

I'm more & more tempted to go and lose myself in a bag like the bad old days.

Its all fucking dog shit.

Rich

I have to wait until April until I get further tests as my first tests were inconclusive & then they lost some biopsy results...& I'm fully expecting it to be put back further bearing in mind the tsunami of covid thats swamping my local hospital.

My business took about a 70% drop in turnover during the 1st lockdown.....its been ticking along ok since then except my bad debtor list is massive & still growing.....even some blue chips not paying my invoices...cunts.

You should tell your mrs mate. She'll help you deal with it.

Greggs

Hope you're ok mate

NorthernWisdom

Split from the wife (she told me she’d had enough of me when I thought I had Covid back in march which was lovely) renting with my uncle until we sell the house.
Worked the lot, 5k pay cut.
My dad nearly died from liver damage from drinking and is going into rehab next month.
My mum was homeless for a bit during the first lockdown.
Bought a PS5.
But other than that...

Otis

So sorry to hear JHFC. 😥

I hope you have some good news soon and get all the treatments that are available if you do indesd need to have them.

Please keep us posted and try not to lose yourself too much. 🤞

And like Rich has said. Maybe you should let your missus know. Any moral support can be a boost.

derbyskyblue

Just awful to read that jfc. You should however talk about it with your wife, and as for the the drink....well you dont need me to tell you that's a big fat no. I do speak from experience. Good luck with it all.

clint van damme

I've had some shit on my plate in the last year, most of it nothing to do with covid or lockdown but reading this thread has made me realise it's been a bed of fucking roses compared to some people so thanks!!
And good luck to everyone who's going through shit at the moment. Hopefully better times are just around the corner.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been off work for the last 8 days on annual leave , I’ve never thought this in the 10 years I worked there but I’m not looking forward to going back . I usually love my job but we have closed one of our services and are being sent out to assist and cover other areas . I suppose it’s the thought of being out of your comfort zone . Hopefully it’s a case of the back to work blues , also my cars failed it’s MOT the clutch has gone and needs 2 new tyres . Got a bit going on with my parents both 80 and struggling . And had a friends funeral on Wednesday, has good news been privatised or just banned

Otis

Been off work for the last 8 days on annual leave , I’ve never thought this in the 10 years I worked there but I’m not looking forward to going back . I usually love my job but we have closed one of our services and are being sent out to assist and cover other areas . I suppose it’s the thought of being out of your comfort zone . Hopefully it’s a case of the back to work blues , also my cats failed it’s MOT the clutch has gone and needs 2 new tyres . Got a bit going on with my parents both 80 and struggling . And had a friends funeral on Wednesday, has good news been privatised or just banned
Sorry to hear, Daz.

This year surely has to be a better year for the planet than last

Sky_Blue_Daz

A few colleagues have had the vaccine and depending on which one have suffered side effects . One set of the side effects sounds very similar to symptoms of the virus ( I don’t know whether that’s to boost your immunity system)

I have to make my appointment next week.
Hope everyone is ok at the moment

skyblueinBaku

My missus is getting more and more depressed daily. She hasn't seen her mum in Moldova since September 2019, and can't imagine when she'll be allowed to travel over there. She worries greatly about her mum's health and is really longing to go to Moldova to help her get through the problems over there.

shmmeee

Anyone see that story about the person in the US that started two full time remote jobs, and it took them five months to notice?

Ccfcsj

Most of you know the issues I had at the beginning of the year but things have gone better for me during the pandemic. Managed to move house away from the toxic environment I was in, still working full time but from home 99% of it so full wages coming in. Managed to pay off all my debts thanks to the house move. Also bought a PS5.

Downside though is I've not managed to see my parents for 12 months which is very hard.

Thoughts are with everyone though who is going through a hard time and hope you all get through it and the brighter skies will appear in the future. I'm sure they will

Covkid1968#

I had pretty much got away with it since March.... but we all went down with COVID in January 21. This week we were all feeling better and even the mother law who had it and in her 80’s looked to have got through it. Then she tripped over on Monday and hit her head and died from a huge trauma to her skull/ brain 😢😢😢 so gone from being lucky to losing the person we talked into moving in with us because we said we could protect her.

for those who feel they can’t talk to loved ones about maybe an illness ... open up and talk. You don’t know what’s around the corner and family will Rally around and give you support and love. They will be desperate to be there for you...give them that opportunity.

Brighton Sky Blue

I had pretty much got away with it since March.... but we all went down with COVID in January 21. This week we were all feeling better and even the mother law who had it and in her 80’s looked to have got through it. Then she tripped over on Monday and hit her head and died from a huge trauma to her skull/ brain 😢😢😢 so gone from being lucky to losing the person we talked into moving in with us because we said we could protect her.

for those who feel they can’t talk to loved ones about maybe an illness ... open up and talk. You don’t know what’s around the corner and family will Rally around and give you support and love. They will be desperate to be there for you...give them that opportunity.

That is absolutely awful, so sorry to hear.

Brighton Sky Blue

A few colleagues have had the vaccine and depending on which one have suffered side effects . One set of the side effects sounds very similar to symptoms of the virus ( I don’t know whether that’s to boost your immunity system)

That is common with the flu jab as well, and I suspect will be a consequence of the Oxford rather than Pfizer vaccine. It’s nothing to worry about and is the immune system kicking in

clint van damme

a few weeks ago someone my wife knows who's a nurse in George Eliot had a reaction to it.
I didn't want to put it up here because it was relentless bad news posts at the time but she said that she thought that the level of illness she had could potentially be fatal to an elderly person.

clint van damme

Most of you know the issues I had at the beginning of the year but things have gone better for me during the pandemic. Managed to move house away from the toxic environment I was in, still working full time but from home 99% of it so full wages coming in. Managed to pay off all my debts thanks to the house move. Also bought a PS5.

Downside though is I've not managed to see my parents for 12 months which is very hard.

Thoughts are with everyone though who is going through a hard time and hope you all get through it and the brighter skies will appear in the future. I'm sure they will

glad you've seen an upturn in fortunes. Well done for hanging on in there and getting through it.

Sbarcher

a few weeks ago someone my wife knows who's a nurse in George Eliot had a reaction to it.
I didn't want to put it up here because it was relentless bad news posts at the time but she said that she thought that the level of illness she had could potentially be fatal to an elderly person.
The Oxford vax is a live dose whereas the Pfizer is not. Most people I know (NHS staff) who have had the Oxford have suffered some mild side effects. For the Pfizer, seems to be restricted to a bit of a sore arm from the jab.

clint van damme

The Oxford vax is a live dose whereas the Pfizer is not. Most people I know (NHS staff) who have had the Oxford have suffered some mild side effects. For the Pfizer, seems to be restricted to a bit of a sore arm from the jab.

I didn't realise that, I didn't think either of them were.
Does that mean it's easier to adapt in response to new strains?

Liquid Gold

I'm lucky enough that I've been working all the way through. Mainly from home but I live near my office so have volunteered to do some essential stuff so it gets me out of the house and in to work a couple of days a week.

My main problem is sleeping. I've always had insomnia but I think being at home so much has made it worse, it puts me in a proper mood and no energy which isn't nice for my fiancé and when it's really bad I get small hallucinations. I slept 14 hours last night which was amazing but I'm dreading bedtime every day.

SBT

You should talk to someone - doesn't matter whether it's the missus, one of the kids (don't know how old they are!), or just anyone who you think will listen. The thought of sharing bad news with someone else can be just as scary as the news itself sometimes, and maybe you feel like it's not worth dragging them down too. But once you take the plunge and just share it with someone, everything changes somehow. Even if it won't fix anything, at least you don't have to do it all on your own, and you'll be surprised how people react sometimes.

Hopefully even just posting it on here and seeing the reaction made you feel that a little bit - if you could go on and share it with someone who knows you better than us lot, I think you could chalk that up as a win.

rob9872

I was ok ... until I read this thread. Feel utterly depressed for all of you now. Sending Sky Blue love to you all and hope things improve for all concerned.

JHFC, yours I can't put into words mate, but please tell the Mrs. Stress is one of the worst things for it if you do have it so you need as much support and understanding as you can get. Good luck whatever the outcome.

shmmeee

Horrible not knowing. I had a scare a year or two back and did the same thing, just became a dickhead because I was bottling it all up and didn't want to tell anyone and worry them, or they think I was being silly.

Don't drown yourself in drink or drugs mate, take that as a sign you need to talk to someone and stop internalising. Even if it's not your missus (though others are right, she'll want to know).

Users who are viewing this thread