Ann Lucas email (1 Viewer)

Noggin

You've seen what this Labour council have done, you've seen the disloyalty...................but come voting time the City will turn red again and these incompetents will continually be rewarded for their questionable decisions?

you realise of course that the opposition councillors all voted to sell to wasps as well? it's the one reason that makes me think the deal really must be in the interests of the city because the opposition don't normally miss an opportunity to make the other side look bad, it's far to rare indeed that everyone agrees, don't take this as backing for labour I have very little positive to say about any of the 4 main political parties though I think I'd prefer labour over the 2 most likely replacements..

Sick Boy

you realise of course that the opposition councillors all voted to sell to wasps as well? it's the one reason that makes me think the deal really must be in the interests of the city because the opposition don't normally miss an opportunity to make the other side look bad, it's far to rare indeed that everyone agrees, don't take this as backing for labour I have very little positive to say about any of the 4 main political parties though I think I'd prefer labour over the 2 most likely replacements..

I thought that they were all forced to vote in line with their party and not for themselves?

Noggin

I thought that they were all forced to vote in line with their party and not for themselves?

Not quite as simple as that but sure they are very strongly encouraged to vote with the party sometimes, and presumably sometimes with a stick. Not sure how that changes what I said though. The fact that the conservatives in the council (be that as individuals or whiped to vote that way by the party) chose to sell to wasps rather than gain potentially significant political points by voting against and coming out against the deal. The conservatives could have chosen to say that Labour were throwing the football club under the bus but instead voted for it, it strongly suggests that it was in the best interests of the city (though of course that doesn't mean the football club)

Wheelfass

It's just lip service. Wasps did this, they've done that, we did this... Also putting in brackets at the start some in support some not - politician. Who gives a crap you haggard old wench.

Thick twat.... can't see further than the end of your nose can you. Wait and see.

Otis

That's what I don't get.

If this is deal was in the best interests of the people of Coventry and a positive move for CCFC and CRFC, then why were there so many dissenters and why were the councillors told to tow the party line?

Why weren#t they all for it anyway if it was the best deal all round?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

That's what I don't get.

If this is deal was in the best interests of the people of Coventry and a positive move for CCFC and CRFC, then why were there so many dissenters and why were the councillors told to tow the party line?

If they were that against it they could have resigned the whip,so how many did? Where are these dissenters?

dongonzalos

That's what I don't get.

The only suggestion of deserters has come from a Les Reid tweet I believe.

wingy

That's what I don't get.

Maybe their reticence was based on Emotion and not the business case .

IE empathy of fan feeling .

wingy

Suspect the business case is short term contribution to bailing out a massive budget black hole.

In an area where a week is a long time, a spot of ready cash will tend to win out...

I really doubt that .

I've been looking for the old Completion report pdf tonight ,( Search engines won't let me download though),where there Is recognition that,

failure for CCFC risks failure to the whole set up ,should the FC have a slump, ( I'm guessing both In terms of success and Financially ).

My view Is this deal has been done on cold hard Economics .Long term view. .

Last edited:

Wheelfass

To be fair, it's a long nose... I used to lie a lot.

I'd make a joke about your mum, but I think I can guess who that is.

Mums name is Pam and at 85 years of age she thinks clearer and can see longer than your nose.

dadgad

As far as i am concerned, the whole world has gone mad with its budget/profit/budget/target/profit/budget etc.

I used to work for a charity. Used to be a fab place to work for, in the top 100 companies to be employed by. Then about 4 years ago it all became about hitting targets and budgeting and the personal, caring touch went straight out the window.

Used to talk to people on the phone with problems and I would be there to listen and to help. Suddenly it was 'don't stay on the phone more than 5 mins.'

My wife works part time at Wilko's and has done now for 12 years. It used to be a really friendly place and very much a family company. I even actually knew the Wilkinson family (my wife's best friend married Mr. Wilkinson's son).

Anyway, it has now deteriorated out of all proportion. The last 3-4 years it has been increasing workloads in shorter timescales and them setting all but impossible targets in terms of workloads.

There's always stacks of jobs going over Christmas and usually at the Cov store they take on about 20 or so extra workers (mostly students). This year there will be no-one taken on, despite a massively increased workload that Christmas always brings.

Wilko's are expanding at a very fast pace and are now pretty much countrywide, where previously they had been a Midland and North based company.

Seems the better they do the more they punish the workers and ask for the all but impossible.

I'm so glad I got out the rat race when I did. I hate what the world of business is becoming in many ways.

Great Post. The capitalist model is out of control, utterly cynical and beyond repair.
What is happening to football is symptomatic of the same tendencies that Otis's post exemplifies.

As far as i am concerned, the whole world has gone mad with its budget/profit/budget/target/profit/budget etc.

I used to work for a charity. Used to be a fab place to work for, in the top 100 companies to be employed by. Then about 4 years ago it all became about hitting targets and budgeting and the personal, caring touch went straight out the window.

Used to talk to people on the phone with problems and I would be there to listen and to help. Suddenly it was 'don't stay on the phone more than 5 mins.'

My wife works part time at Wilko's and has done now for 12 years. It used to be a really friendly place and very much a family company. I even actually knew the Wilkinson family (my wife's best friend married Mr. Wilkinson's son).

Anyway, it has now deteriorated out of all proportion. The last 3-4 years it has been increasing workloads in shorter timescales and them setting all but impossible targets in terms of workloads.

There's always stacks of jobs going over Christmas and usually at the Cov store they take on about 20 or so extra workers (mostly students). This year there will be no-one taken on, despite a massively increased workload that Christmas always brings.

Wilko's are expanding at a very fast pace and are now pretty much countrywide, where previously they had been a Midland and North based company.

Seems the better they do the more they punish the workers and ask for the all but impossible.

I'm so glad I got out the rat race when I did. I hate what the world of business is becoming in many ways.

I know exactly what you mean. I work for a voluntary adoption agency, part of a charity group. Great place to work for, then Cameron stuck his oar in. Now its targets and timescales and instead of giving an in depth service you are time-limited in what you can give and given unmanageable case loads. I'm semi-retired and can't wait for full retirement when my pension will be paid - but even that keeps being put back.

The football demise started with Sky TV - Rupert Murdoch - and it's taken some time but the pyramid may be about to commence collapsing. Look at the clubs that have had difficulties - Portsmouth, Wimbledon, Cardiff, Us, Birmingham, Blackpool - just a few and it's spreading. :(

Hobo

That's what I don't get.

I dont think it is the best deal all round. But maybe the best deal in a certain set of circumstances.

It washes the hands of trying to deal with SISU which I think was proving too costly and protracted.

SISU persistance in building their own gave them the excuse to sell to another willing party.

Noggin

That's what I don't get.

Les Reid was clearly wrong (I'm being generous here). We have no way of knowing weather the labour councillors were whiped to vote that way but the fact the conservatives voted for it suggests they weren't, or at least didn't have a problem with being whiped this way, He even said 14 councillors were going to vote against and then resign yet not only did none do so but the entire opposition for whom its in the best interests to make the labour party look bad chose to stand with them. That can pretty much only mean that the arguments for it being in the best interests of the city were compelling (of course this doesn't necessarily mean it is in the interests of the city) just that both parties believe it to be the case.

Nick

Administrator
The problem is, all of the councillors keep reeling off about them "thinking" or "believing" it will be best. None of them have said "they know".

italiahorse

Not quite as simple as that but sure they are very strongly encouraged to vote with the party sometimes, and presumably sometimes with a stick. Not sure how that changes what I said though. The fact that the conservatives in the council (be that as individuals or whiped to vote that way by the party) chose to sell to wasps rather than gain potentially significant political points by voting against and coming out against the deal. The conservatives could have chosen to say that Labour were throwing the football club under the bus but instead voted for it, it strongly suggests that it was in the best interests of the city (though of course that doesn't mean the football club)

Do you really believe that the majority of Coventry rate payers give a damn about CCFC and the Ricoh.
In fact, if the ratepayers were well briefed about the dealings of Sisu in this affair they would agree with the decision.

Nick

Administrator
Do you really believe that the majority of Coventry rate payers give a damn about CCFC and the Ricoh.
In fact, if the ratepayers were well briefed about the dealings of Sisu in this affair they would agree with the decision.

As briefed as the councillors who voted on it, who seemed to know less than people on a message board?

Noggin

The problem is, all of the councillors keep reeling off about them "thinking" or "believing" it will be best. None of them have said "they know".

How could you possibly know? all you can ask from the people that run the country is that they vote for what they believe is the best interests of the country (rather than themselves, their party, their religion, what will get them reelected etc) and wherever possible obtain expert opinions (along with having the critical thinking skills to make sure the expert opinions are well founded and not bias) and to then to defer to these opinions.

Politics disgust me (though at least we arn't America where its an order of magnitude worse) but to me while I'm unhappy that the stadium is being sold to Wasps because it crushes the last of my hope for the future of ccfc this is actually how I want my politicians to act. They havn't chosen to score political points, or done what is most likely to get them re elected, Unless of course the council are all being flown to vegas on wasps dime or something (which of course they arn't) it seems to me for once that this is actually councillors all trying to do what they think is best. Can't ask to much more than that really.

Grendel

A lame argument with no evidence that the rate payer has a view either way - and that from a non rate payer in Coventry as well.

italiahorse

A lame argument with no evidence that the rate payer has a view either way - and that from a non rate payer in Coventry as well.[/QUOTE

I know lots of rate payers with no interest in CCFC and that's how I base my opinion.

Oh yea .... and common sense !!

Noggin

I believe the general public isn't well briefed about almost any issue, do I think that if the conservatives felt this deal was a bad idea that it was very strongly in their best interests to vote against and come out and criticise labour? yes absolutely 100% I do.

It would be very easy to capitalise on "ccfc will never own their own stadium because labour sold it for a quick buck, we voted against, this would never happen under us" they wouldn't need to believe it. This is pretty much how politics works all the time and its discusting. yes I do think enough people care about ccfc for that to be very beneficial, people don't need to care deeply, who cares deeply about any of the issues for local council elections?

anyway my last post on the matter, I'm done with getting involved in long back and forth discussions that take hours where both sides already have their opinions set. it's just a waste of time for everyone.

Grendel

A lame argument with no evidence that the rate payer has a view either way - and that from a non rate payer in Coventry as well.[/QUOTE

I know lots of rate payers with no interest in CCFC and that's how I base my opinion.

Oh yea .... and common sense !!

How many do you know as a percentage of the total?

Sky Blue Dal

The cheeky buggers!

My councillor promised me he would reply to my takeover concerns after the vote had taken place.

He has never ever done that. I have however just recieved an email a couple of mins ago from him.

'This is just a note to let you know that a public meeting has been arranged by Allesley Parish Council to discuss proposals contained in the City Council’s Local Development Plan.'

So he didn't reply but just thought it okay to add me to his distribution list of general info.

:censored::censored::censored:

Bloody Politian's for you.. Now that's why I don't vote anymore.. they all crooks.
Would love to join someone like comrade Citizen Smiths if only we had a Coventry revolutionary front!

italiahorse

How many do you know as a percentage of the total?

So your argument is based on me not knowing more than 50% of all Coventry rate payers views ?

Do you think SISU deserve to be given the stadium for less than the best offer because at this moment in time they own CCFC?
How long do you think CCC should wait for SISU to make an offer in view that they currently have a 2 year deal and are taking CCC through the courts.

I understand your position that it would be nice for the stadium to collapse and CCFC to get it for next to nothing, but in reality it would be SISU who got it and I would sooner it belong to CCC than SISU.

If SISU had got the stadium cheap as a result of moving CCFC to Northampton, what do you realistically think they would do with it ?

stupot07

So your argument is based on me not knowing more than 50% of all Coventry rate payers views ?

Do you think SISU deserve to be given the stadium for less than the best offer because at this moment in time they own CCFC?
How long do you think CCC should wait for SISU to make an offer in view that they currently have a 2 year deal and are taking CCC through the courts.

I understand your position that it would be nice for the stadium to collapse and CCFC to get it for next to nothing, but in reality it would be SISU who got it and I would sooner it belong to CCC than SISU.

If SISU had got the stadium cheap as a result of moving CCFC to Northampton, what do you realistically think they would do with it ?

Haven't wasps got the stadium got the stadium on the cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Haven't wasps got the stadium got the stadium on the cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Let you know when I see the details.
I didn't say that they didn't get it cheap I said the council took the best offer.

We know that Sisu have not made a sensible offer (according to council announcements saying they would listen to any realistic offers)

Users who are viewing this thread