Ann Lucas email (4 Viewers)

stupot07

Let you know when I see the details.
I didn't say that they didn't get it cheap I said the council took the best offer.

We know that Sisu have not made a sensible offer (according to council announcements saying they would listen to any realistic offers)

What other offers were on the table? From what we have seen wasps are paying £5.5m for 100% ACL, £1m to extend the lease by 208 years and will take on the liabilities of the £13m loan.

We know sisu offered c£5m for Higgs 50% on the proviso they could but the YB loan, they then offered £2m without the loan. Seems to me at first glance this deal is worse than sisu's original one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

What other offers were on the table? From what we have seen wasps are paying £5.5m for 100% ACL, £1m to extend the lease by 208 years and will take on the liabilities of the £13m loan.

We know sisu offered c£5m for Higgs 50% on the proviso they could but the YB loan, they then offered £2m without the loan. Seems to me at first glance this deal is worse than sisu's original one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Didn't SISU want to pay over time with no guarantees ?
Also was the £2M only offered because it was a charity and in reality SISU said it was worth nothing?

I may be guessing, or using others peoples guesses but does anybody know what has really gone on?
I think the best information is from the JR and that was damning of SISU.

Would anyone really want to deal with SISU or share what is a risky move for Wasps.
Would SISU want Wasps to go bust (or vice versa) during any 50% share ?

Astute

Haven't wasps got the stadium got the stadium on the cheap?

Very good question.

A year ago the arena was said to have no value without a football club by many. If they were right then 20m is a very good price.

I was the same as many and didn't agree that the arena was valueless without a football club. So I would agree that they have got it cheaply. But saying that we don't know about the finances.

Covstu

I suppose from a council perspective it would have been on the lines of 'here's £20M for something that has been a constant thorn in your side and cost you £x in legal costs defending pointless cases, wouldn't that look good in the budget?'.....

I can see why they sold up to be fair but when making this decision i do not think they have taken into account the damage this COULD cause to the football and rugby teams currently residing in the city. I would be more comfortable if the club have a equal stake in ACL so can be part of the revenue streams and decision making.

Couple of points though:
1) The council still have a small stake (5%?) which would make Wasps 45%, if SISU took over AH share of 50% surely they be able to have a majority vote on most decisions? (i know i am over simplifying!)
2) If the opposition parties did not agree to this, we would have heard them by now on the campaign trail lambasting Labour for this dispicable act so i think we can safely say they backed it also.

letsallsingtogether

skybluejelly

It says in the article that the council has a billion pound of assets half of which is in the road network...what's the odds on them charging tolls again in a few years.. Tollbar by name tollbar by nature

cloughie

Misleading, how many clubs have a matchday only rental deal, with no/little access to matchday revenuse and no access to 365 day year revenues?

And just how many clubs have the facilities to offer 365 days a year ?

stupot07

And just how many clubs have the facilities to offer 365 days a year ?

The vast majority of them. Not on the scale of the Ricoh, but they still have function rooms for weddings, meeting, workshops,etc. I've been to a few meetings and events at The butts.

http://www.coventryrfc.co.uk/conference-events

Here's orients....

http://www.leytonorient.com/commercial/conferencingevents/

AFC Wimbledon

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/commercial/functions/index.aspx

I won't bother going through the 91 other league clubs...

Last edited:

Astute

How about letting SISU have enough land somewhere around Coombe Abbey to build a stadium? The road infrastructure is there already. Would just need a road straight to the M6/M69. And they would be able to keep the vast majority of it still.

I know it would be very hard to get past the planning stage. But they could at least call their bluff.

Astute

Indeed...

Some day, somebody will think long term...

And this is the man. Remember, they won't sell at the bottom and it is his job to get a stadium built.

JS45576571.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread