Andy Thorn is back... (2 Viewers)

Joy Division

Thorn was the biggest scourge on this club -- along with Ken Delieu - other than Ray the only twat who'd ever have given him the job in the first place. We'd still be in the Championship if that useless no hoper had never been on our payroll

I think you have to mostly blame the people who employed him as a manager. Which he clearly is not.

Grendel

I think you have to mostly blame the people who employed him as a manager. Which he clearly is not.

No he's just a lying deceitful prick who'd throw anyone under a bus apart from himself.

Grendel

So the board who employed him take no blame whatoever? Wow

I would suggest the "fans" who believed that this pathetic charlatan was a suitable manager and backed him to the hilt take far more of the blame.

st john

How much of this statement is factually accurate?

Perhaps the legacy of Andy’s tenure at Coventry will be that he successfully acquired numerous players on free transfers, all of whom soon became considerable assets to the club (most of whom were sold on promptly), such as Jordan Henderson, Jack Cork, Danny Fox, Scott Dann, Keiron Westwood, Richard Keogh, Anar Gunnarsson and Lucas Jutkewitcz. It would be no exaggeration to say that but for the discovery and then sale of some of these players, Coventry may well not have survived.
Perhaps the legacy of Andy’s tenure at Coventry will be that he successfully acquired numerous players on free transfers, all of whom soon became considerable assets to the club (most of whom were sold on promptly), such as Jordan Henderson, Jack Cork, Danny Fox, Scott Dann, Keiron Westwood, Richard Keogh, Anar Gunnarsson and Lucas Jutkewitcz. It would be no exaggeration to say that but for the discovery and then sale of some of these players, Coventry may well not have survived.

I wasn't aware Jordan Henderson was ever a Coventry player

Grendel

I wasn't aware Jordan Henderson was ever a Coventry player

Jack Cork wasn't either. The darkest days in the history of the club. No Thorn and no Division One football. The crime is that his total responsibility for this goes unnoticed.

Sick Boy

Hardly. The idiotic fans blindly backed and even had ridiculous phrases such as "Love Thorn, Hate SISU." I presume that you were one of them. Do you have it on a flag somewhere?

I'm surprised they didn't praise SISU for appointing him though. According to them Thorn was one of the brightest up and coming managers in the game. They must have secretly believed that Ken Delieu was a football visionary, way ahead of his time.

Otis

Hardly. The idiotic fans blindly backed and even had ridiculous phrases such as "Love Thorn, Hate SISU." I presume that you were one of them. Do you have it on a flag somewhere?

I'm surprised they didn't praise SISU for appointing him though. According to them Thorn was one of the brightest up and coming managers in the game. They must have secretly believed that Ken Delieu was a football visionary, way ahead of his time.

I'm surprised Ken isn't up there with Sir Matt Busby, amongst the all time greats.

Sick Boy

He should be lauded by the super fans who know everything. After all who else would have employed a great like our thorny?

Joy Division

Ahh the old 'I presume you were one of them' statements. What have I said on here that makes you presume I was a fan of Thorn as manager?

If you cant accept that the board were to blame for hiring such an inexperienced unqualified manager then you are an idiot.

Adge

But not with Cov. Appointed scout for West Brom.

Awful manager for us but can't knock his scouting skills.
Jesus! How the fuck did he get another scouting job!? Remember the likes of Bell,Deegan,McPake,O'Halloran,Hussey,Dunn,Malaga,Jennings,Barton were all recommended or brought to the club by Thorn.
Maybe when people said he was a good scout they mean he was good at helping old ladies across the road, charity car washes and singing ging gang goolie!

Sick Boy

Ahh the old 'I presume you were one of them' statements. What have I said on here that makes you presume I was a fan of Thorn as manager?

I
If you cant accept that the board were to blame for hiring such an inexperienced unqualified manager then you are an idiot.

Of course it was the boards fault. My point is that if they hadn't of appointed him our idiotic fans would have been in uproar. The vast majority agreed with the appointment and backed it. For some reason they fully agreed with Ken Delieu

Users who are viewing this thread