Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Are you really that fucking dim you think MR is sat at home twiddling his thumbs thinking "Fuck, i'll just sign him because i've got some money"? Jesus wept, please think about these things. It's not Football Manager!
Ok calm down big man. What’s he thinking instead? “I could really do with another shit lump upfront who doesn’t know how to score goals? Haven’t got enough of those”. Like others have said it stinks of desperation, Saturday was a pretty clear indication that we need a McNulty replacement and this is far from it.

Pete in Portugal

Robins has never made a poor signing in the transfer market? Vincenti? O’Brien? Barrett? Maguire-Drew? He’s done well overall but acting like he’s infalliable is odd

Like all managers, Robins has made some mistakes in the transfer market. It would be completely unrealistic to expect otherwise. Who has said Robins is infallible? No-one. What's your point?

Mr Panda

If you're looking at stats Rickie Lambert was pretty unimpressive around the same age and became the player we knew him as following a £300k move. (Yes I looked at Wiki.)

Trust what Widdrington sees, what the new guy sees and what Robins sees in Bakayoko.

Terry_dactyl

Looking at those clips this bloke doesn’t look like a striker to me. If we sign him I expect we’ll see Chaplin or AN Other sign as well.
I also expect we’ll see Vincenti gone and ponticelli out on loan.

Nick

Administrator
Looking at those clips this bloke doesn’t look like a striker to me. If we sign him I expect we’ll see Chaplin or AN Other sign as well.
Difficult to offload pv

Perryccfc

Ok calm down big man. What’s he thinking instead? “I could really do with another shit lump upfront who doesn’t know how to score goals? Haven’t got enough of those”. Like others have said it stinks of desperation, Saturday was a pretty clear indication that we need a McNulty replacement and this is far from it.
You're a complete piece

better days

Have to smile at some of the wrist-slitting
I well remember similar wailing when McNulty was on a long non-scoring run and people were making up stupid names for him
Once Jones is back we'll be making chances galore

Telfer85

I did a comparison between the relegation season strike force and the one we have now. There didn't look to be a lot of difference to be honest.

It's all well and good being patient, and waiting til the window has closed. If you like, give the players 5 games to bed in or whatever.

The reality is this situation looks very desperate as it stands, and there is nothing wrong with expressing some concern at that.

Nothing wrong with expressing concern however when Robins came back he took over an absymal team who were way adrift in league 1 and confidence in the team must have been at all time low. Since then he actually put up a half decent fight of staying up despite the gap being far too great in the end. He beat a much better oxford team in the checkatrade final to win our first trophy for 20 years. He then transformed the squad into a promotion winning side taking us to Wembley again in the process and despite having 2 of our most influential players out injured for most of the season. I would say his strike rate in terms of transfers is pretty good. No manager is going to get every signing right especially with a limited budget you have to try and make the most of what you’ve got. who knows how bakayoko will turn out but what Robins has earnt in my view should be the trust of the fans when he makes the decisions to try and improve this club. Some Walsall fans don’t rate him and I’ve read some that do on their forums who just think he needs a fresh start and there’s talent there.

Skybluefaz

If you're looking at stats Rickie Lambert was pretty unimpressive around the same age and became the player we knew him as following a £300k move. (Yes I looked at Wiki.)

Trust what Widdrington sees, what the new guy sees and what Robins sees in Bakayoko.
You heard if this ones happening Mr P?

SkyBlueCRJ

A number of clubs have enquired about him but express concern at his current injury. I can't see him leaving permanently if at all if I'm honest. However, if he manages to be rehabilitated in time we may be able to shift him out on loan after the window closes. That's a big IF though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry_dactyl

A number of clubs have enquired about him but express concern at his current injury. I can't see him leaving permanently if at all if I'm honest. However, if he manages to be rehabilitated in time we may be able to shift him out loan him out after the window closes. That's a big IF though.
It’s a shame really. I thought he looked alright start of last year, and seems like a decent bloke. Just hasn’t worked out for him. I know people have said he’s been played out of position but there doesn’t seem anyway back for him with us.

SkyBlueCRJ

It’s a shame really. I thought he looked alright start of last year, and seems like a decent bloke. Just hasn’t worked out for him. I know people have said he’s been played out of position but there doesn’t seem anyway back for him with us.

Good player a few years ago and was in fact probably considered as one of the best players in League One at Rochdale at one point but age is clearly catching up with him and at 31 I think his legs have gone. Not helped by his ankle injury that has seemed to have plagued him for years.

Nonleagueherewecome

Relegation season:

Marvin Sordell
Marcus Tudgay
Yakubu
Andre Wright
Dan Ageyi

Now:

Jordy Hiwula
Amadou Bakayoko
JCH
Jordan Ponticelli
Max Biamou

Bloody hell that's stark, the top lot are suddenly looking better by comparison! Surely I can't be the first person to think of John Gayle today with the Bakayoko rumour?

Nonleagueherewecome

I wouldn't say I'm unhappy but fans need to be realistic. In the current market it is extremely difficult to replace a 25+ striker with another unless you invest significantly. Posters on here seem to believe it's a black and white situation and I'm baffled why. It's not as simple as receiving £1.2m for McNulty then throwing £1.2m at a club for their most prized asset..

If you don't think you can replace him with the money you're getting for him...simple, don't sell him! He was under contact. I'd take a "sulking" McNulty over our current situation as surely he'd realise that he's never going to get a move somewhere better paid after a few weeks of half-arsing it. Downing tools would have been cutting off his own nose to spite his face.

stupot07

Seems a lot of money for a someone who who scored 5 in 46 in league one and doesn't seem to have any goalscoring pedigree.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nonleagueherewecome

In fairness, Bayliss, Ogogo and Andreu are miles better than Gadzhev, Rose and Bigi so we should have better supply this season
Fair point...thanks, made me feel slightly better!

SKYBLUES90

Love how the lad hasn’t even signed yet and he’s already the worse player to ever grace the city shirt.

What is it with city fans and doom and gloom...one game in and we’re already doomed to relegation due to lack of goals in the team.

no_loyalty

Love how the lad hasn’t even signed yet and he’s already the worse player to ever grace the city shirt.

What is it with city fans and doom and gloom...one game in and we’re already doomed to relegation due to lack of goals in the team.

As long as he scores more than Kevin Kyle, I think we will all be happy

JonSilletBang

I’ve never heard of him before today. Just watched his Youtube compilation and he looks to have good touch, pace and good link player. We continue to build #risetogether

BackRoomRummermill

Ha I detect panic on the lower decks , why are you all panicking I thought the team were wonderful on Saturday , in the words of Annie “ tomorrow tomorrow there’s always tomorrow “

Robinsboy

I remember last season people were saying Mcnulty was a waste of money and other club's supporters said he couldn't do it. Well look what he did.
This lad is 22 so still has time on his side. I was at the game on Saturday and we played well but we had no one on the bench who could change things when they came on unlike Scunthorpe whose subs contributed to their win.
Also, we create 4 or 5 great chances and with a bit more confidence could have won the game.
Stop listening to idle gossip from other team's fans and start trusting MR

JonSilletBang

Every fan from Pompey said McNulty needed to play off a big man. When Max and McNulty played together they gelled and formed a good partnership. Sometimes opposition fans opinions can be valid.

AFCCOVENTRY

Just saw an article only from a few months ago about him from Walsall journalists. Basically they are saying he need to now fulfil his potential. He has a good turn of pace, decent in the air, got some skills but lacks finishing instinct and not able to hold the ball up.

I would be very surprised if this is McNultys replacement. On the clips he seemed to be playing more on the left or right.

bawtryneal

I’ve never heard of him before today. Just watched his Youtube compilation and he looks to have good touch, pace and good link player. We continue to build #risetogether

I am 57 and still play 7 a side on a Thursday night
Most of the time I am slow, have a crap first touch and miss sitters from 2 yards out
However, about twice a year I score a "worldy" or make a brilliant pass etc
Watch my YouTube footage and you would think I am an overweight Ronaldo
Make your own mind up

Users who are viewing this thread