Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I don’t think he will be centre forward and could drop into an attacking midfield role eventually, remember Robert Rosario ?

JulianDarbyFTW

[/QUOTE]I’ve got a bedroom that needs painting but I fear based on his current work rate it wouldnt get completed this side of xmas![/QUOTE]

He's tall enough to paint the celing without a ladder though.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's a bit worrying that in his interview in the CT Robins talks about Bakayoko being a "JCH type" forward. So he does seem to see him as a target man. Given that he talks about needing to do a lot of work on him as well, you have to think that he's looked as his height and physical attributes and thinks he can turn him into one. That doesn't always have to mean balls to head hopefully, into feet is better if you ask me anyway. I do think Robins is a great coach of forwards and massively improved McNulty in his time here, so fingers crossed he can do something with him over time. I think he will start in JCH's role against Arsenal.

Magwitch

Totally different player to JCH I believe in time he can make a decent centre forward alongside Chaplin but not if balls are lumped at his throat, from what I seen Sunday I don’t see us playing that way. As said earlier I think he could end up in a deeper role.

sylus

I doubt there isn't a single sky blues fan tonight not raising a glass to Bakayoko,i know i am,well done to him,i know i haven't been his greatest admirer so far and to be fair to him he hasn't really been given the opportunity but to his credit he came off the bench and gave us 3 points today,well over the moon.
Maybe now after Robin's has been working on him he will push for regular starts and might be a wake up call for JCH who was poor today,looking like it doesn't matter how he played he was guaranteed a place in the starting line up,but now with Baka,you never know.

Grendel

Right......now where do we start with all this, eh?

To be fair though at least these people have an opinion - some extreme maybe - but don’t sit in no mans land and then try and prove they were correct when they never had an opinion at all

Otis

All most of us were asking was that he be given a chance to prove himself and not just dismiss him out of hand.

stupot07

A bit early for the "I told you so's" I'm pleased for him and its given us 3 points so I'm happy, but it is only 30 mins of football.

Let's hope it continues

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mark82

To be fair though at least these people have an opinion - some extreme maybe - but don’t sit in no mans land and then try and prove they were correct when they never had an opinion at all

It's an opinion based on the opinion of others though, in this case Walsall fans. He hasn't had a real run of games for us yet so we can't really judge one way or another, even now .

Otis

A bit early for the "I told you so's" I'm pleased for him and its given us 3 points so I'm happy, but it is only 30 mins of football.

Let's hope it continues

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep and Grendel is totally wrong in his assumption.

I have never said Bakayoko is any good, because I was never sure he was any good. All I have consistently said all the way through is that we shouldn't just dismiss him as being crap based on Walsall's fans say so and a couple of inept performances for us.

I most certainly am not trying to prove I am right here, because there is nothing to be right about, apart from fans SHOULD have at least given him a chance.

Bumped this based on all those who had just totally dismissed him.

I have never ever said he is good enough, because I haven't seen enough of him to make that judgment.

It wasn't a 'told you don't bump past it being to show those posters that you at least have to give someone a chance.

We of course still don't know whether he will prove to be a good signing or not.

Grendel

It's an opinion based on the opinion of others though, in this case Walsall fans. He hasn't had a real run of games for us yet so we can't really judge one way or another, even now .

Also his goal scoring record and then the manager slagged him off in one of his first games

Otis

Exactly! Exactly my point, which Grendel clearly hasn't picked up on.

We are still in no position to judge.

Fingers crossed he does prove to be a decent signing. We can't just say he isn't though based on what little we have seen of him this thus far.

Otis

I’ve got an alerting system setup for this very occasion.

Damn.

giphy.gif

Grendel

Exactly, crap reasons to outright dismiss any player, let alone a young one.

We’ll surely when you sign a player whose a centre forward you can look at his record and raise questions. He’s hardly started game which suggests he’s not rated by robins either.

It’s rare a player with a record like his turns it round.

sylus

some are in a gloating mood i see, good for you, you earned it today,but don't get carried away just yet,nothing has been proved,and if you can prove otherwise,lets hear it

Nick

Administrator
some are in a gloating mood i see, good for you, you earned it today,but don't get carried away just yet,nothing has been proved,and if you can prove otherwise,lets hear it
Prove what? That we shouldn't judge players without really giving them a chance?

Otis

Nope, nothing has been proved as such, but hopefully this will at least have the fans laying off him for a bit and stop slating him at every given opportunity.

Let's hope if he's picked next time out he impresses again.

Users who are viewing this thread