Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Otis

Let's hope he can keep it up. We need more weapons in our armoury.

Nick

Administrator
Even before the 2 goals, he was miles better than JCH was today. Worked hard, held the ball up pretty well and layed it off nicely. Was very impressed
To be fair, bar the Blackpool game he has always held it up and laid it off and made runs into the box. He has a decent touch when it's not miles over his head.

sylus

Prove what? That we shouldn't judge players without really giving them a chance?

I am really pleased for Bakayoko tonight and his two goals,and off the bench too,you cannot ask for more than that,but it hasn't proven anything really,but he is heading in the right direction.
We are all here in the same boat wanting the same thing,its just we have a different opinions on certain issue's or players,now if i am wrong,i will be the first to admit that,i want Bakayoko to succeed here,i mean why wouldn't i,maybe i did judge him to soon,but maybe i didn't,time will tell,its not like Robin's has been playing him is it,but today top marks from me!

Nick

Administrator
I am really pleased for Bakayoko tonight and his two goals,and off the bench too,you cannot ask for more than that,but it hasn't proven anything really,but he is heading in the right direction.
We are all here in the same boat wanting the same thing,its just we have a different opinions on certain issue's or players,now if i am wrong,i will be the first to admit that,i want Bakayoko to succeed here,i mean why wouldn't i,maybe i did judge him to soon,but maybe i didn't,time will tell,its not like Robin's has been playing him is it,but today top marks from me!

It's proven that players should be given a chance before being judged. He's our top scorer with a much better goals per game ratio.

If you are wrong about what?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Let's hope he can keep it up. We need more weapons in our armoury.
giphy.gif

Calista

Bakayoko is raw but has something about him, and even on his first appearance (which I’m not saying was great) you could see his enthusiasm and alertness. He’s alive and looking to make things happen for the team, and sadly that’s often not the case with JCH who mostly looks hard done by. Both have ability, but their attitudes are very different.

Nonleagueherewecome

We’ll surely when you sign a player whose a centre forward you can look at his record and raise questions. He’s hardly started game which suggests he’s not rated by robins either.

It’s rare a player with a record like his turns it round.

Very true, but Robins has a good record of working with strikers and making them better players. He transformed McNulty and stuck through him as he knew he'd come good; I know you don't rate Biamou still, but even his critics mostly agree that he was a better player at the end of last season than the start and he'd not played the target man role he was taught to play last year before; hopefully Robins can also do something with Bakayoko. He's seen the raw ingredients and thinks there's a lot of potential there, he's got power and height-he just doesn't know how to make the most of them yet-and has some pace. Today he won a great flick on in the build up to the goal, buried the winner with his head and showed great movement to get into those goal scoring positions. Add in man management-I think he probably did need a bit of tough love, which seems to have worked-and it looks like the manager has turned him into a much more effective player than we signed, and it's only October!

Brilliant work by Chaplin in the build up too, it has to be said. He's not just an out and out striker, he never stops running and is surprisingly creative.

robbiekeane

Very true, but Robins has a good record of working with strikers and making them better players. He transformed McNulty and stuck through him as he knew he'd come good; I know you don't rate Biamou still, but even his critics mostly agree that he was a better player at the end of last season than the start and he'd not played the target man role he was taught to play last year before; hopefully Robins can also do something with Bakayoko. He's seen the raw ingredients and thinks there's a lot of potential there, he's got power and height-he just doesn't know how to make the most of them yet-and has some pace. Today he won a great flick on in the build up to the goal, buried the winner with his head and showed great movement to get into those goal scoring positions. Add in man management-I think he probably did need a bit of tough love, which seems to have worked-and it looks like the manager has turned him into a much more effective player than we signed, and it's only October!

Brilliant work by Chaplin in the build up too, it has to be said. He's not just an out and out striker, he never stops running and is surprisingly creative.
I’m sorry but where has this whole “Robins transformed McNulty” thing came from? Is this one of those things that has just been repeated so much that it’s been accepted as the case.

I don’t remember McNulty spunking a huge amount of chances at the beginning of last year. Maybe a couple here and there but the problem was he was up top on his own and you could land a chopper in between our midfields and the 3 attacking mids. We were over reliant on Jones as an outlet and then when he got injured robins was forced to change shape to something that actually suited McNulty. Is that working with him and turning him into a talented striker? Or is it putting round pegs in round holes.

Still, anything to take credit away from Bakayoko himself, must be robins working his magic right....

Fair play to the lad

larry_david

Can someone please tell me the lyrics for this new bakayoko song?

I was thinking we should go for a xanadu/Amadou song

Grendel

It's just booooo isn't it?

Someone who went said he was getting dogs abuse every time he went near the ball until he scored and then he became a hero.

Grendel

That's City fans for you.

Some players like clarke Harris and Bakayoko will never be popular - others like Biamou seem to get some bizarre cult status.

Bakayoko hatred is up there with Kevin Kyle. If he’d gone 30 games without a goal Bakayoko would be strung up.

Also if he’d missed he glut of chances Chaplin has I don’t think people would shrug and say the goals will come.

Otis

Some players like clarke Harris and Bakayoko will never be popular - others like Biamou seem to get some bizarre cult status.

Bakayoko hatred is up there with Kevin Kyle. If he’d gone 30 games without a goal Bakayoko would be strung up.

Also if he’d missed he glut of chances Chaplin has I don’t think people would shrug and say the goals will come.
Just something about Chaplin tells me the goals will come.

Feel free to bump this if they don't, but I'm confident they will.

He just needs to calm down in front of goal.

Nick

Administrator

Not many mention Chaplin being off side way more either

Astute

Will Baka ever be popular with yourself?

Grendel

Will Baka ever be popular with yourself?

I’ve never actually made any negative comments when he arrived.

Check the posts at the start of this thread

jordan210

Going loco with Bakayoko. if he stays onside !

Him and Chaplin upfront could work really well as big man small man.

clint van damme

Yep and Grendel is totally wrong in his assumption.

I have never said Bakayoko is any good, because I was never sure he was any good. All I have consistently said all the way through is that we shouldn't just dismiss him as being crap based on Walsall's fans say so and a couple of inept performances for us.

I most certainly am not trying to prove I am right here, because there is nothing to be right about, apart from fans SHOULD have at least given him a chance.

Bumped this based on all those who had just totally dismissed him.

I have never ever said he is good enough, because I haven't seen enough of him to make that judgment.

It wasn't a 'told you don't bump past it being to show those posters that you at least have to give someone a chance.

We of course still don't know whether he will prove to be a good signing or not.

text book bumpage Otis.

Nonleagueherewecome

I’m sorry but where has this whole “Robins transformed McNulty” thing came from? Is this one of those things that has just been repeated so much that it’s been accepted as the case.

I don’t remember McNulty spunking a huge amount of chances at the beginning of last year. Maybe a couple here and there but the problem was he was up top on his own and you could land a chopper in between our midfields and the 3 attacking mids. We were over reliant on Jones as an outlet and then when he got injured robins was forced to change shape to something that actually suited McNulty. Is that working with him and turning him into a talented striker? Or is it putting round pegs in round holes.

Still, anything to take credit away from Bakayoko himself, must be robins working his magic right....

Fair play to the lad

Oh yeah, he'd had plenty of 28 goal seasons before hadn't he? And that's why he cost us so much to sign, as there was a massive queue of clubs looking to spend over a million on him....no, he definitely didn't improve at all last season under Robins. That's why he's still playing in L2.

Duh.

Users who are viewing this thread