**ALL USERS READ THIS, ACTION REQUIRED ASAP** - Sky Blues Talk forum statement (1 Viewer)

Do you full support the statement from our online community

• Fully support the statement

Votes: 368 98.7%
  • Not in my name thank you

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liquid Gold

Although that is a fantastic number it indicated how narrow our interaction with the wider fan base is. The CET 'sell the club' thing got thousands involved and that shows why them using the trust as a mouthpiece is such an issue. We can say that nobody cares about them, and that may be the case in the fanatics among us but the larger fan base will pick up the telegraph and take what is given. For instance relative of mine was talking about how hard done by Wasps were out of all this and when I mentioned things like indemnity and their fraudulent accounts they had absolutely no idea. It is imperative that we try to force the media into painting a more accurate picture of events.

Sky Blue Pete

A great statement from SBPete, but when did any corporate business or suchlike, take any notice of the Proles such as us, the fans? I will happily put my name to the vote, but won't hold my breath waiting for a favourable outcome because of it.
Yep we need to use it as a catalyst for doing something more. It’s easy to send a statement anonymously it’s another thing for a group of people to step up and engage meaningfully and respectfully with the media to encourage them to do their work

Sky Blue Pete

Although that is a fantastic number it indicated how narrow our interaction with the wider fan base is. The CET 'sell the club' thing got thousands involved and that shows why them using the trust as a mouthpiece is such an issue. We can say that nobody cares about them, and that may be the case in the fanatics among us but the larger fan base will pick up the telegraph and take what is given. For instance relative of mine was talking about how hard done by Wasps were out of all this and when I mentioned things like indemnity and their fraudulent accounts they had absolutely no idea. It is imperative that we try to force the media into painting a more accurate picture of events.
Something in that, I think the Facebook we need to show ourselves to be a legitimate voice and then push wider

Nick

Administrator

That's been my issue all along, the Trust and local media purposely misleading people.

Orca

It is tiring having to correct your incorrect statements.

Start a new thread next time or use an existing one.
Tiring? Isn't a forum supposed to be about sharing information? As I said in my original post, "as far as I know" and I'm glad you were able to remind me.

Why would this need to be on a new thread? My point originally was that fans groups have found it difficult to engage with our owners. If Pete's letter is to have any follow-up action from the parties named within it, SISU would need to engage.

Orca

Are you the same as UK Orca on Twitter? If so then it was intentional, if not, it's a complete co-incidence and I apologise. Never seen anyone named Orca post on here before which is the reason I lazily dropped the UK.

Yes, the same one. I'm a massive influencer with my 164 followers. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So what is it exactly you thought I'd be able to do?

Orca

I think this forum has been well represented on all the protests and marches there have been so that's a bit of a strange comment isn't it?

Yes, lots of people have been on those. My point was that most of the posts about the Trust, our owners and the Council etc. end up just being arguments. Pete ringing into the phone-in and then creating the letter is postive action driven specifically by the membership on here and I'm wholeheartedly in support.

Nick

Administrator
Tiring? Isn't a forum supposed to be about sharing information? As I said in my original post, "as far as I know" and I'm glad you were able to remind me.

Why would this need to be on a new thread? My point originally was that fans groups have found it difficult to engage with our owners. If Pete's letter is to have any follow-up action from the parties named within it, SISU would need to engage.

The Trust have found it difficult to engage, maybe ask why.

I did correct you. I will wait for your next factually incorrect statement and do the same then.

Orca

The Trust have found it difficult to engage, maybe ask why.

I did correct you. I will wait for your next factually incorrect statement and do the same then.

Thanks Nick - I knew I could count on you.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks Nick - I knew I could count on you.

It just shows, maybe more people can post their queries on here to get facts. Otherwise they just end up hearing the same stuff put out on social media and being purposely misled.

Orca

It just shows, maybe more people can post their queries on here to get facts. Otherwise they just end up hearing the same stuff put out on social media and being purposely misled.

If people are being purposely misled and you know better, maybe you should have created some sort of fans group then? This forum doesn't count as it certainly wasn't created with that purpose.

Nick

Administrator
If people are being purposely misled and you know better, maybe you should have created some sort of fans group then? This forum doesn't count as it certainly wasn't created with that purpose.

I have tried to correct them plenty of times and this statement references that issue that people have.

It has been a major issue for years.

Briles

Would be good to get some backing from the Coventry City Fans Forum on Facebook, that's 17k strong. Granted there are a lot of Nobs on it but the vast Majority are fully engaged.

Moff

I first 'met' a number of you lot in around 2007 on the old CET forum. Always wondered what happened to dear old SkyblueFred from the Blackpool area. Assume the worst but came across as a decent old fella.

The good old CET forum days, quite a few posters from here on that site, I remember you and many others.
Do you recall Tanktop as well, a friend of Skybluefreds and not forgetting the drunken rants of Baldy.....I am sure he was related to Skybluekid.

I always new the telegraph was going rapidly downhill when they made me a moderator ....... poor old Smithers he had a lot of crap to deal with

Orca

I have tried to correct them plenty of times and this statement references that issue that people have.

It has been a major issue for years.

Agreed - as I've said before, I'm glad some action has been taken by one of your members

Grendel

I could call myself the Grendel Group and I’d have as many members as PSB

rob9872

Yes, the same one. I'm a massive influencer with my 164 followers. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So what is it exactly you thought I'd be able to do?
Nothing. But I referred to you as in Lies, Reid, Salop, JH way etc etc yours was just the post I'd seen most recent on there that seemed to be anti SISU above all else and I didn't want the poll sabotaged by people who don't normally post here. as I can see you now do, it was a bad example and whether you agree or disagree with the post is your choice and I apologise for using your handle rather than one of the others. I was only against new sign ups trying to spoil.

rob9872

The good old CET forum days, quite a few posters from here on that site, I remember you and many others.
Do you recall Tanktop as well, a friend of Skybluefreds and not forgetting the drunken rants of Baldy.....I am sure he was related to Skybluekid.

I always new the telegraph was going rapidly downhill when they made me a moderator ....... poor old Smithers he had a lot of crap to deal with
I used the CET for a while but my first and the one I knew best (that I thought was the oldest and original tbf) was LAST.

Orca

Nothing. But I referred to you as in Lies, Reid, Salop, JH way etc etc yours was just the post I'd seen most recent on there that seemed to be anti SISU above all else and I didn't want the poll sabotaged by people who don't normally post here. as I can see you now do, it was a bad example and whether you agree or disagree with the post is your choice and I apologise for using your handle rather than one of the others. I was only against new sign ups trying to spoil.

Apology accepted

Liquid Gold

Would be good to get some backing from the Coventry City Fans Forum on Facebook, that's 17k strong. Granted there are a lot of Nobs on it but the vast Majority are fully engaged.
I don't think they are. Every time I build up the courage to have a look on there it's generally 5/6 people doing the majority of posting with a few others chipping in.

Briles

I don't think they are. Every time I build up the courage to have a look on there it's generally 5/6 people doing the majority of posting with a few others chipping in.

Yeah you've got your regular posters on there but it has become a bit more peaceful than it once was. Probably due to the fact we are doing well. I'm on there a fair bit and yeah you have your WUMS etc but if you want a snapshot of your "regular" fans opinion, its a good place to look.

Skyblueweeman

Yes Moff! Some names there I had forgotten about.. Tanktop and Smithers in particular. I seem to remember, much like you and I, Tankie was a decent poster.

And Baldy...oh yes! It would be good to go back and look over some old threads just to recall some of the posters on there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Oh dear Orca is doing I know where you live routine on twitter again

Users who are viewing this thread