**ALL USERS READ THIS, ACTION REQUIRED ASAP** - Sky Blues Talk forum statement (1 Viewer)

Do you full support the statement from our online community

• Fully support the statement

Votes: 368 98.7%
  • Not in my name thank you

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skyblueweeman

We've got tickets on sale for matches in Brum for all but two 'home' games so it's not going to make a massive difference if we just see the season out in Birmingham. Yes, we should be back playing in Coventry as a priority (as in now) but with tickets likely sold already for the next few home matches, there would be probably be additional costs involved in then switching them to the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Pete

We've got tickets on sale for matches in Brum for all but two 'home' games so it's not going to make a massive difference if we just see the season out in Birmingham. Yes, we should be back playing in Coventry as a priority (as in now) but with tickets likely sold already for the next few home matches, there would be probably be additional costs involved in then switching them to the Ricoh.
Okay. Makes sense

mr_monkey

Lots is happening I promise a full update start March.

it’s not so much waiting on parties other than Rupert Lowe about the Eu complaint it’s more what do we want. I want city back in coventry ASAP. Can we do anything about that? Maybe

I am interested whether us lot would want that to happen this season or wait till next

Personally I'd be happy to see out the season in Brum as long as there is a FAIR deal to return to the Ricoh next season. Don't get me wrong I want to get back to cov as soon as possible but it has to be right for the long term future of the club. I think if we get promoted then wasps tune will change

Sky Blue Pete

Personally I'd be happy to see out the season in Brum as long as there is a FAIR deal to return to the Ricoh next season. Don't get me wrong I want to get back to cov as soon as possible but it has to be right for the long term future of the club. I think if we get promoted then wasps tune will change
I’m only obtaining bones on what I’ve picked up on here so that’s really useful. In June last year when it was announced we were playing in brum robins in the telegraph was pretty robust and said he had clear statement from joy that funds would be made available for our own ground in coventry so here’s hoping

mr_monkey

I’m only obtaining bones on what I’ve picked up on here so that’s really useful. In June last year when it was announced we were playing in brum robins in the telegraph was pretty robust and said he had clear statement from joy that funds would be made available for our own ground in coventry so here’s hoping

That's the best case scenario isn't it, short/mid rental at the Ricoh and then own stadium. Only issue I can see is the council being worried about wasps either going bust or moving on (either of which is definitely plausible) and then them being left with an empty stadium whilst we are in our new one. For that reason I just can't see us getting planning permission for a stadium, but I really hope I'm proven wrong

ccfcricoh

If we built a ground in the same way as Doncaster for example, start with 15-20k with option to go up to 30-40k, if ever Wasps did keel over, we could move into Ricoh and the smaller stadium could be used by Cov rugby and Cov Utd/any other sports teams who need a pitch! Turn Butts into student accommodation and you've got your money back!

Sky Blue Pete

That's the best case scenario isn't it, short/mid rental at the Ricoh and then own stadium. Only issue I can see is the council being worried about wasps either going bust or moving on (either of which is definitely plausible) and then them being left with an empty stadium whilst we are in our new one. For that reason I just can't see us getting planning permission for a stadium, but I really hope I'm proven wrong
I can’t see it at all but he’s not in the habit of making stuff up is he?

chiefdave

Even if we're not building our own stadium, which I think is most peoples stance, you wouldn't want to sign up to a long lease with no break in it. You never know what might be down the line and if in many years time some billionaire wants to build us a stadium we don't want being tied into a deal with Wasps to be a stumbling block.

Think you'd be looking at something like a rolling 5 - 10 year lease with a pre-defined, inflationary, increase annually.

Lets face it even if SISU said today they'd purchased the land and submitted the planning application you could easily be looking at 5 - 10 years before any stadium was ready.

ccfc1234

No way, if there was an offer to come back to Cov we must grab it and come back immediately. What’s to be achieved continuing at STA ?
Don't you think that the team rhythm not being upset at a crucial time in the season is a good idea? Different and worse playing surface too. If it was a commercial no brainer like wasps were selling up yes 100%. Other than that were better off having another review in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread