All purpose cricket thread (6 Viewers)

chiefdave

Being reported Moeen Ali has signed a three year white ball deal for the Bears the salty Pears fans are saying he was useless anyway.
Is he not going to play any red ball? He was on about making himself available for tests the other week. Guess even if he’s not signing as a red ball player he can still be used if he needs game time

Sky Blue Pete

Turns out it was one of my work colleagues receiving the racist abuse. Understandably feeling very down about it. He’s been told they “can’t identify the culprits” regardless of the fact the stewards told the culprits to sit down and didn’t look to eject them. Really not on.
Was thinking it’s easy to warn first and then remove but I’d your colleague was the victim of a crime they should report it to the police

chiefdave

Genius move to have the Blast quarter finals the same time as an England v India T20. And after Cain claiming on Sky the Blast ticket sales were better than ever this year despite the tickets being reduced to a tenner Edgbaston looks more than half empty.

Wonder if there will be any England white ball games when The Hundred knockout games are being played?

Genius move to have the Blast quarter finals the same time as an England v India T20. And after Cain claiming on Sky the Blast ticket sales were better than ever this year despite the tickets being reduced to a tenner Edgbaston looks more than half empty.

Wonder if there will be any England white ball games when The Hundred knockout games are being played?
There was no alternative, the Bears had to be at home last night, due to the England games being played at Edgbaston. The test match didn't finish until Tuesday and there is a T20 international on Saturday

SkyBlueSoul

Jennings run out without facing a ball in Lancs v Essex, straight drive from Salt touched onto the wicket while he was miles out of his crease 🤦‍♂️

SkyBlueSoul

Didn't expect us to get through that quite so easily. Can't wait for a Roses semi, the last few have all been brilliant games

chiefdave

You may not know this as seemingly both the BBC and ECB have decided advertising is a bad idea. Todays T20 between England and India is on BBC 2 as well as Sky

SkyBlueSoul

Finals Day then. I'm glad England have released a few players for it, should up the ante a bit. Great game to start with, come on Lancs!

chiefdave

Finals Day then. I'm glad England have released a few players for it, should up the ante a bit. Great game to start with, come on Lancs!
I see the draft international schedule has been leaked and England will play no games during the Hundred.

So our international cricketers will play a format not played internationally but no 50 over games assuming the RLODC continues to be run at the same time as the Hundred and presumably a very limited number of 20 over games as its not likely there will be a reduced number of England games which will have to be played when the Hundred isn't running.

tisza

I see the draft international schedule has been leaked and England will play no games during the Hundred.

So our international cricketers will play a format not played internationally but no 50 over games assuming the RLODC continues to be run at the same time as the Hundred and presumably a very limited number of 20 over games as its not likely there will be a reduced number of England games which will have to be played when the Hundred isn't running.
New TV contract so ECB committed despite knock-on effects on other forms.
If it was a good idea someone else would have copied it by now.

SkyBlueSoul

Yorks might be taking this away from us here. Hate to say it but Thompson’s 50 off 17 has been incredible

SkyBlueSoul

Ben Stokes retiring from international ODIs. Can't say I blame him, regardless of the fact he's now Test captain, considering he's already taken a break from the game to help his mental health and had an injury lay off. Saw something saying an England player in all 3 formats will have 138 matches in the next 4 year cycle, even before you add in 2 ODI world cups, 2 T20 world cups and 2 Chamions Trophies.

CCFCSteve

Ben Stokes retiring from international ODIs. Can't say I blame him, regardless of the fact he's now Test captain, considering he's already taken a break from the game to help his mental health and had an injury lay off. Saw something saying an England player in all 3 formats will have 138 matches in the next 4 year cycle, even before you add in 2 ODI world cups, 2 T20 world cups and 2 Chamions Trophies.

Sensible call. That ODI World Cup final innings will live long in the memory !

tisza

Intersting piece from Athers
He's right. Then ECB exacerbate by expecting England players to push the Hundred as well.

It's likely 50 over cricket will suffer as the domestic competition been relegated to the bottom of the pile. Last year a lot of kids and 2nd XI players were used as it was run alongside the Hundred.

The talent pool isn't deep in any form of the game atm

chiefdave

He's right. Then ECB exacerbate by expecting England players to push the Hundred as well.

It's likely 50 over cricket will suffer as the domestic competition been relegated to the bottom of the pile. Last year a lot of kids and 2nd XI players were used as it was run alongside the Hundred.

The talent pool isn't deep in any form of the game atm
T20 won't be far behind. After the various clubs execs claiming Blast ticket sales were as strong as ever when the figures were finally released this weekend they're well down, prior to the launch of The Hundred they'd been growing year on year.

We'll end up with a situation where are top players are playing any 20 or 50 over cricket domestically which will be a fantastic help when preparing the international side.

Users who are viewing this thread