All purpose cricket thread (3 Viewers)

Bertola

Off to Edgbaston with the kids tonight for the Hundred. Anyone got any decent recommendations for where to park? Usually get the train over

Terry Gibson's perm

Off to Edgbaston with the kids tonight for the Hundred. Anyone got any decent recommendations for where to park? Usually get the train over

Last time I went we parked at Moseley Ashfield cricket club which we booked through the club but it’s a fair walk if any are small. People were trying to get into cannon hill park as it’s nearer and cheaper but it seemed pretty full and that was when the crowd was about 8k.

chiefdave

The parking at Edgbaston is a shitshow, makes getting to the CBS look easy. I get that they want to push people towards public transport but for me its 90 minutes, bus - train - bus, compared to 30 minutes in the car. And of course they only run the shuttle from New St to Edgbaston on 'major match days'.

I used to park at either Priory School or Calthorpe Park, both operated by the club so you'd assume making them money as well as encouraging more spectators.

In all honesty there's been games I would have gone to but haven't purely because of the shit parking situation.

chiefdave

Good comeback but that's not a total that should worry Phoenix.

Disappointing crowd. Keep being told how popular the Hundred is and how pretty much every game is sold out but every time I turned the TV on there's banks of empty seats.

Bertola

Really enjoyable couple of games on Monday.

Perry and Jones were fantastic for the Womens side, and then Howells, Ali and Livingstone were fantastic for the mens side.

Parking was a bit of a shambles, but worked well for us. We were directed to the Red car park at the back of Cannon Hill Park, walked through the park to/from the ground, and got away fairly quickly after the game. Took just over an hour from the end of the game to get back to Cov, and that included collecting the pushchair, getting the kids back into the car, and then getting home. Can't complain

chiefdave

Parking was a bit of a shambles
Dan Norcross described Edgbaston as having the worst parking in world cricket on Zero Ducks Given this week. It used to work well don't know why they changed it and removed most of the parking.

For county games there's literally no parking available so if you can't get in the park car park over the road you're screwed. Hardly encouraging people to attend.

Bertola

yeah, I get they want to encourage public transport, but that hardly works either, usually end up getting a taxi from new street!

chiefdave

Remember a few days ago when people were taking the piss out of SA for saying they weren't concerned about Bazball and how we were going to make them look stupid for not having a plan to counter Bazball.

Not looking so clever now, think my plan to spend the weekend watching the test are out the window.

Grendel

Remember a few days ago when people were taking the piss out of SA for saying they weren't concerned about Bazball and how we were going to make them look stupid for not having a plan to counter Bazball.

Not looking so clever now, think my plan to spend the weekend watching the test are out the window.

It wasnt that we just can’t cope with their bowlers who look as good as the best Australia have had to offer

We can’t have no openers and keep being 2 down for next to nothing. Can’t have 4 tail Enders either. They may as well give Buttler a go at opening - Crawley makes Mike brearley look like Bradman

CCFCSteve

Bowled great this morning. What’s all this with no balls though ?? Inexcusable really..why players push the line I’ll never know

CCFCSteve

Talking of joys to watch, just caught the Stokes documentary on Amazon. Watching that World Cup final and Headingly ashes innings again….unbelievable!

Then you see what he did in this test, the 100, the 14 over spell to protect the new ball bowlers and then even nicking a couple of wickets. What a player

CCFCSteve

Ollie Robinson spoke well earlier. Sounds like he’s fully dedicated now which is great news as he’s a quality bowler when fit ! Mad that he’s averaging 4 mph quicker than winter.

chiefdave

very poor, couldn't get the number 11 out so resorted to that. if you watch the replay she wasn't even looking at the batter when she was in her delivery stride, not only that if she had released the ball Dean would most likely have been within the crease at the point of release.

stupot07

very poor, couldn't get the number 11 out so resorted to that. if you watch the replay she wasn't even looking at the batter when she was in her delivery stride, not only that if she had released the ball Dean would most likely have been within the crease at the point of release.
Really poor from the Indians. She was in the crease in the delivery stride and would have still been in it at point of release.
6e31714fe9c94325959508cb01696a14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If that's me next time I come to play them they're getting bouncers at their head all day, I'm chucking the ball at them for 'run outs' and barged everytime they try and run.

chiefdave

Warwick need to win today to avoid relegation, Hants currently 99/7 needing 139 to win, its on YouTube if anyone is avoiding work.

Users who are viewing this thread