Albany Meeting ? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
ACL tried that but SISU pre-empted it with the ARVO debenture and that was that.
It's getting obvious that wasps are trying it now. Especially now suddenly the trust are going on about the accounts not being able to be filed.

Must be music to wasps ears.

Nick

Administrator
No, quite able to make up my own mind. Don’t think things were “ bigged up”. Comments like “Its a fact” when clearly its an opinion make me feel that those who dismiss the idea are somehow afraid of the idea that others see things differently to themselves and might actually really enjoy following a Phoenix version of the club in the way that they always have. You or anyone else is entitled to your opinion (opinion not fact). My opinion, and as I said, I think a lot of other fans will be that our club continues in the way that it always has. If we played in Coventry, wear Sky Blue the club would be the same to me and I would support them. Others can think differently and choose to believe that their club is dead and not attend. All about opinion and choice.

It's not an opinion. It's fact that it wouldn't be the same club.

Otherwise if we get 10,000 people thinking that cov sphinx won the fa cup in 1987 does that make it true? They play in sky blue as well.

CJ_covblaze

It's fact, a phoenix club wouldn't be ccfc or have the history. You may as well get city fans going down to cov sphinx.

You are kidding yourself after having things like that bigged up to you.

I expected the mixed response when it was brought up. As I stated at the time it has to be a last resort. Like almost every Trust we have it on shelf somewhere ready should the time come along but right now we need to focus on saving what we’ve got. That’s the most important thing.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's getting obvious that wasps are trying it now. Especially now suddenly the trust are going on about the accounts not being able to be filed.

Must be music to wasps ears.

If they ever try it SISU will be able to call in the administrators first and it'll be the same outcome as before.

Irish Sky Blue

100+ fans up there and the idea of supporting the team not even raised shows how pitiful it all is.
As most of them are season ticket holders and almost all of them go I think that their actions in supporting the team goes without question. I also think the idea of trying to find a solution to the problem of having no ground is also by implication supporting the team. No ground, no team.

Nick

Administrator
As most of them are season ticket holders and almost all of them go I think that their actions in supporting the team goes without question. I also think the idea of trying to find a solution to the problem of having no ground is also by implication supporting the team. No ground, no team.
Incorrect considering one of the speakers and protest groups who run to the press every time they fart is boycotting for a reason that doesn't exist.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh yeah, it will be like when ACL tried it and everybody was wearing cowboy hats with Haskell.

It's very dangerous game.

Think it's more likely that Wasps would boot out the club, spin it as something out of their hands and hope enough morons in the city lap it up and keep going.

rob9872

There you go again. You want to know what to do. I said they should promote others going rather than protesting. Yes point was not about their personal support but the crazy idea if filling the ground with supporters not even mentioned. But hell yeah lets have a protest or form a Phoenix club or ask timmy to resign or lobby the council. All pointless.

Irish Sky Blue

Again it depends. How many would we get in the 10th tier?
Hard to say. Looking at the support we have for games such as Cheltenham away in the Check-a-trade where we had several hundred on a Tuesday night in winter for basically a nothing game shows the level of support that is there. You would like to think 4K or 5k to begin with and hopefully grow from that as the bandwagon starts rolling.

Magwitch

Re. Phoenix club. I’ve never really accepted the Ricoh, part of me and being a ccfc fan a bit dropped away when the doors to HR were closed, I detest the stadium to be honest but what choice do I have other than not go. The same with a Phoenix club wouldn’t like it, might go might not, but I have grandsons who want a football club, not too bothered about history yet and at a later date will probably not see any difference between a ccfc of 1930, 1967, 1987, 1990, 2019 or 2020 should we change then.
I see it a duty for a grumpy grandad to make sure they have a major football club to support

Nick

Administrator
Think it's more likely that Wasps would boot out the club, spin it as something out of their hands and hope enough morons in the city lap it up and keep going.
Oh yeah, they could easily get away with that without much of a bad word

Look at the council, duggins completely lies about it. Brags about public opinion and just after that the Jimmy hill way ramp up again.

They all know they can do what they want because they just have to say "sisu" and it goes away. Every time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hard to say. Looking at the support we have for games such as Cheltenham away in the Check-a-trade where we had several hundred on a Tuesday night in winter for basically a nothing game shows the level of support that is there. You would like to think 4K or 5k to begin with and hopefully grow from that as the bandwagon starts rolling.

I politely think you are being a bit optimistic. Will leave it there.

Nick

Administrator

I'd go to every nothing game if ccfc were playing. I couldn't care if cov United or sphinx were playing.

5k? Really?

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh yeah, they could easily get away with that without much of a bad word

Look at the council, duggins completely lies about it. Brags about public opinion and just after that the Jimmy hill way ramp up again.

They all know they can do what they want because they just have to say "sisu" and it goes away. Every time.

Yep, but the chickens will come home to roost when the bond issue comes calling and even with the £20m windfall there is still another £15 million to find with £20m still owed to their Malta-based owner. Not even spin doctor Nicky can make that look good.

Irish Sky Blue

There you go again. You want to know what to do. I said they should promote others going rather than protesting. Yes point was not about their personal support but the crazy idea if filling the ground with supporters not even mentioned. But hell yeah lets have a protest or form a Phoenix club or ask timmy to resign or lobby the council. All pointless.
I’m not sure how filling the ground would result in a new deal at the Ricoh? We have community day this Saturday when tickets are free or £5 and we won’t fill the stadium. How would you propose that the Trust get the stadium filled? There were lots of ideas put forward from the meeting tonight which I am sure will be put on here. You can look at them and dismiss them all as rubbish. However, people who love the club and who have the best of intentions for its survival have tried their best to find a solution. Perhaps criticism of them and their ideas could be a little more respectful and a little less sneery than some of the comments on this thread (not aimed at you particularly).

Nick

Administrator
Yep, but the chickens will come home to roost when the bond issue comes calling and even with the £20m windfall there is still another £15 million to find with £20m still owed to their Malta-based owner. Not even spin doctor Nicky can make that look good.
No but the council and ccfc fans can if it means thinking they got one over on sisu.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would also like to ask Nicky what's changed since 2014:

'Mr Eastwood said: “I hope it gets resolved. I don’t think it will affect the relationship between Wasps and Coventry City.

“We understand there is a difference between ownership and the management and people operating the football club day to day.

“If that is what they feel they have to do to protect the football club, then so be it.

“We have a fantastic relationship with Steve Waggott and Steve Brookfield at the football club and we know they are grateful for the new pitch.”

Liquid Gold

I expected the mixed response when it was brought up. As I stated at the time it has to be a last resort. Like almost every Trust we have it on shelf somewhere ready should the time come along but right now we need to focus on saving what we’ve got. That’s the most important thing.
That is good to hear but a lot of what I see coming out of the Trust comes across as being happier to start again if it meant getting rid of Sisu. Not signing on to the statement was a massive error. Also I think whoever runs the twitter account could be a lot more professional and, although they're not representing the Trust, people who comment on posts with madcap theories are rarely challenged and I think it's something that could improve.

I agree with Rob about a reformation being best but I don't see that happening. I think something that would be really useful is for the trust to release a myth busting statement so we're all on the same page.

Nick

Administrator
I’m not sure how filling the ground would result in a new deal at the Ricoh? We have community day this Saturday when tickets are free or £5 and we won’t fill the stadium. How would you propose that the Trust get the stadium filled? There were lots of ideas put forward from the meeting tonight which I am sure will be put on here. You can look at them and dismiss them all as rubbish. However, people who love the club and who have the best of intentions for its survival have tried their best to find a solution. Perhaps criticism of them and their ideas could be a little more respectful and a little less sneery than some of the comments on this thread (not aimed at you particularly).

It isn't saying it would. It would show all parties that people want the club in the city.

Wasps would shit themselves at the wrath of 20k city fans. It won't happen though.

The same as there won't be anything said against the council and it's why they can openly lie and be smug about it.

Where's the attitude of fuck you sisu, fuck you wasps, fuck you council. We are ccfc.

That doesn't happen. It's all nicey nicey to the council and wasps.

Has anything even been said about duggins smug comments? He stood there and took the piss

Irish Sky Blue

It's not an opinion. It's fact that it wouldn't be the same club.

Otherwise if we get 10,000 people thinking that cov sphinx won the fa cup in 1987 does that make it true? They play in sky blue as well.
Those poor deluded Newport, Wimbledon and Aldershot fans who all think they follow the original club. I think MK even gave Wimbledon their FA Cup win memorabilia. Perhaps Wimbledon should give it back.

Nick

Administrator
Those poor deluded Newport, Wimbledon and Aldershot fans who all think they follow the original club. I think MK even gave Wimbledon their FA Cup win memorabilia. Perhaps Wimbledon should give it back.
I'm talking about facts, they aren't the same club.

You didn't answer, if 10k fans decide cov sphinx won the fa cup does that mean they did?

Liquid Gold

I was at the Cheltenham game with 4 others as it's a close one for me. None of us would travel to Cov to see new club unless the circumstances were exceptional. To me that means anything and everything has been done to save the club we have, at the moment a lot of people on social media seem to relish the idea of a new club and I couldn't stomach supported the same team as people that delighted in the death of the one we have in a vain attempt at getting one over on our owners.

Nick

Administrator
That is good to hear but a lot of what I see coming out of the Trust comes across as being happier to start again if it meant getting rid of Sisu. Not signing on to the statement was a massive error. Also I think whoever runs the twitter account could be a lot more professional and, although they're not representing the Trust, people who comment on posts with madcap theories are rarely challenged and I think it's something that could improve.

I agree with Rob about a reformation being best but I don't see that happening. I think something that would be really useful is for the trust to release a myth busting statement so we're all on the same page.

I purposely asked about myth busting...

Especially because it's one of the board members pushing a lot of the mad cap theories.

Clearing up a lot of the myths would at least get people closer to the same page.

Nick

Administrator
I was at the Cheltenham game with 4 others as it's a close one for me. None of us would travel to Cov to see new club unless the circumstances were exceptional. To me that means anything and everything has been done to save the club we have, at the moment a lot of people on social media seem to relish the idea of a new club and I couldn't stomach supported the same team as people that delighted in the death of the one we have in a vain attempt at getting one over on our owners.
It's ok you could have the worship of David Johnson at half time while him and the bloke from the council pat each other on the back saying they did it all.

shmmeee

Hi people of 2014! I’m from the future! A dystopian future of reality star Presidents and mass social division.

I’m here to tell you:

- Media coverage garners nothing but vague sympathy from some other fans and has no influence on the decision makers
- This also applies to protests, we blew our load on a big protest to no effect.
- We will not get people to fill a ground, unless that ground holds about 10k.
- Fisher won’t resign
- Joy won’t sell the club
- We aren’t a big enough political force to move the needle with CCC
- There’s a rugby club owing the Ricoh now! They don’t care either!
- Game of Thrones goes really off the boil

Irish Sky Blue

No, but the club you are on about supporting would be as much ccfc as they are.
Why should it bother you so much? To you, your club is dead, gone finished forever. That is fine, that is your view. To me it is the same club and one that is hopefully flourishing. As to you CCFC will be dead and your interest in football greatly curtailed as you stated above, surely what deluded people like myself believe won’t make any difference to you. You could perhaps stand outside the Ricoh with a placard saying “You know this isn’t the real Coventry City” I suppose if it really bothered you that much.

shmmeee

On all the farms by Corley or by the new Amazon place?

Like I said. Not sure what the restrictions are. Also I suspect we’d need to look outside CCC area. Which interestingly might open up a new avenue for pressure (if we can get past the “it’s not in Coventry” issue).

rob9872

The point I'm making though is that its not even mentioned. I'd happily help pay for and help distribute flyers as would many but this regime is more about ideas to try and hurt one party or another rather than promote what we have. Would it fill the ground probably not but ud rather go down trying that than protesting to groups who don't care about us. 20k crowds u til the end of the season would make people notice and some might even get the bug back.

Users who are viewing this thread