Albany Meeting ? (6 Viewers)

mark82

Who used to be on the board and is still seemingly more involved than they are with CCFC?

Did somebody mention Cov Utd or the council?

giphy.gif

Who we talking about? Can't see anyone that would fit that profile on the Trust board. What is the name of the Jimmy Hill Way guy? Can't see a name that rings a bell for him either but can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Captain Dart

Who we talking about? Can't see anyone that would fit that profile on the Trust board. What is the name of the Jimmy Hill Way guy? Can't see a name that rings a bell for him either but can't remember his name off the top of my head.
Funny I ask a question because I think a post was possibly misleading or contains incorrect information and I get immediately attacked by Nick. .

Ok as I understand it the guy whose name you forgot is David Johnson and he did have some involvement with Cov City Ladies at a time when CCFC dropped support for them. So they became Cov Utd Ladies because Cov Utd did provide some support. I don't know for sure but I do not think Johnson is involved with them any more.

Essentially, if you are asserting something as factual I ask for some evidence that what you claim is true.

Nick

Administrator
Funny I ask a question because I think a post was possibly misleading or contains incorrect information and I get immediately attacked by Nick. .

Ok as I understand it the guy whose name you forgot is David Johnson and he did have some involvement with Cov City Ladies at a time when CCFC dropped support for them. So they became Cov Utd Ladies because Cov Utd did provide some support. I don't know for sure but I do not think Johnson is involved with them any more.

Essentially, if you are asserting something as factual I ask for some evidence that what you claim is true.

Who else?

Who has a passion for multiple accounts, the local government and cov united ladies (and mens)? (Aside from you).

Sky Blue Trust - What Are You Doing This Sunday?
Sky Blue Trust - Support The CCFC Ladies At The Ricoh Arena
Sky Blue Trust Urges Coventry Fans To Back The Ladies

Whilst on Sunday some Coventry fans will undoubtedly travel the 35 miles to Sixfields many more will register their opposition to this by refusing to go – to those fans not going, the Sky Blue Trust would urge them to help make their message to SISU even louder by going to the Ricoh to support the Coventry City ladies. Would it not send a real message if there are more at the Ricoh to watch the ladies than at Northampton to watch the men?

It promises to be a fun day with the ladies youth teams playing on the pitch at half-time, as well as acting as ball girls during the main event. There will also be a bucket shake before the game, to raise much-needed funds to support the club over the course of the season ahead. Cheerleaders will be entertaining the fans before the game and refreshments will be available throughout the day.

Last season, the Sky Blues clinched their second successive Birmingham FA County Cup, as well as finishing fifth in the FA Women's Premier League, the highest-ever league finish in the club's history.

On the eve of their new campaign, Coventry City will head into the FA Women's Premier League Southern Division as one of the clear favourites for the title. Chairman Bill Newnes commented "this has given our season the start the players deserve and everyone at the club is made up to be able to play our first game of the season at the heart of women's footballatThe Ricoh Arena" He went on to say "we want everyone to get behind the Ladies Team and come along and support the only premiership team in Coventry. Bring your family and friends along and experience womens football at it's best".

The match will take place on Sunday 25thAugust at the Ricoh Arena, and will kick-off at 2pm with doors opening at 12.30pm. Tickets cost £5 for adults and £3 for concessions and children, and can be purchased online atwww.theticketfactory.com Parking will be available at £2. www.cclfc.co.uk

Weird really, you don't even get urged to back the actual football team like that which is what people are calling for.

So 2 people heavily involved with the protests and misleading people (to be fair, mainly 1 of them) who seem more interested in shouting at SISU than supporting the football club used to be directors of the women's team that had it's support dropped by the club?

The plot thickens. ;)

skyblueinBaku

I get the impression that an equal amount of bile is being spilled in all 3 directions.
Not on the CCFC Fans forum Facebook page. Most of the 'anti' posts are squarely in the 'anti Sisu' lobby. CCC and Wasps mostly get off scot free.

mark82

Cheers. So it's David Johnson that was involved with CCFC Ladies/Cov United Ladies and is also the Jimmy Hill Way guy? If that is the case I can't see he's on the trust board (although he does seem to have a voice at trust meetings it seems).

CJ_covblaze

Not on the CCFC Fans forum Facebook page. Most of the 'anti' posts are squarely in the 'anti Sisu' lobby. CCC and Wasps mostly get off scot free.

This is one of the reasons why I’ve got no interest in getting a Facebook account again. Most of the people that spend most of their life on Facebook are lunatics

letsallsingtogether

[QUOTE="Nick, post: 1685947, member:

The plot thickens. ;)[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does ;)

letsallsingtogether

Exactly the same.

Another football club that isn't CCFC. People are saying that if enough people get behind it, then it would be because it would be their opinion.
Who said that?
The person who brought it up said what if a new team was made not an existing team.
Someone then else mentioned Cov United this was dismissed.

Otis

Ah, but you said in the quoted post 'if enough people get behind it' and that's not what was said.

If it was set up by City fans

And

if it was backed by ex City players and managers and legends

And

It had the same name with the most minimal of changes (ie. Coventry City AFC)

And

If it had all but the same identical badge

And

The nickname was still the Sky Blues

And

If they played in the same colours.

That's not the same as 'if enough people get behind it's is it. :)

If all those measures were met then it would still be Coventry City to so many City fans.

Nick

Administrator
Ah, but you said in the quoted post 'if enough people get behind it' and that's not what was said.

If it was set up by City fans

And

if it was backed by ex City players and managers and legends

And

It had the same name with the most minimal of changes (ie. Coventry City AFC)

And

If it had all but the same identical badge

And

The nickname was still the Sky Blues

And

If they played in the same colours.

That's not the same as 'if enough people get behind it's is it. :)

If all those measures were met then it would still be Coventry City to so many City fans.

Like I said, read through the thread.

The whole thing has been about "majorities" and what other people think which is why people have asked what if there's 2 clubs.

There's not really much difference between a new team and an existing team, none would be ccfc.

Magwitch

Correct Otis. For me same as the Ricoh. I hate it, My heart , memories etc, lie in Hillfields, now a crappy housing estate, I drive past it twice a day, can still identify the shape of the ground on Swan Lane, for me the Ricoh is just where we play. BUT, for my grandkids it’s our home ground end of, they know nothing about HR and that goes for anyone under about 25. If there was a club formed from a “dead” club the same would happen us older ones would never 100% accept a new Phoenix club, but once up and running, playing in Sky Blue etc, etc it would become the club of Coventry, Sphinx never will, Cov United never will either, a “new” AFC Coventry City imo would.

Otis

In YOUR opinion, Nick.

Nuneaton Borough were liquidated and had to become Nuneaton Town. The fans though still called them the Boro.

Nick

Administrator
In YOUR opinion, Nick.

Nuneaton Borough were liquidated and had to become Nuneaton Town. The fans though still called them the Boro.

Its not about opinions though is it?

Like I said, if I said it's my opinion my dog is a cat does that mean it is?

If the assets / rights were transferred and it was Coventry city FC and fa cup winners in 1987 for example then it would be.

Otis

Correct Otis. For me same as the Ricoh. I hate it, My heart , memories etc, lie in Hillfields, now a crappy housing estate, I drive past it twice a day, can still identify the shape of the ground on Swan Lane, for me the Ricoh is just where we play. BUT, for my grandkids it’s our home ground end of, they know nothing about HR and that goes for anyone under about 25. If there was a club formed from a “dead” club the same would happen us older ones would never 100% accept a new Phoenix club, but once up and running, playing in Sky Blue etc, etc it would become the club of Coventry, Sphinx never will, Cov United never will either, a “new” AFC Coventry City imo would.
Exactly.

Nick's opinion is different and that's fine, but it's just his opinion. Nuneaton Borough officially became Nuneaton Town. They were still the Boro though.

If a new club is not still the old club, then why have Chester's and Aldershot's new incarnations kept the same kit, the same badge (almost identical), the same nickname and almost identically the same name?

Why would they do that? Only because they see the new club as an extension and continuation of the old club.

Otherwise they would have a new badge, a different name and a different nickname.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly.

Nick's opinion is different and that's fine, but it's just his opinion.I

If a new club is not still the old club, then why have Chester's and Aldershot's new incarnations kept the same kit, the same badge (almost identical), the same nickname and almost identically the same name?

What would they do that? Only because they are the new club as an extension and continuation of the old club.

Otherwise they would have a new badge, a different name and a different nickname.
If they were the same club there wouldn't be a "new club".

Nick

Administrator
No. Obviously not. A dog is not a cat.

Not my fault you just don't get it. ;)
You said it was about opinions though? My dog is very cat like, eats cat biscuits.

The same as Chester FC isn't Chester City FC.

I'm a ccfc fan, some people would be a fan of dog shit sandwiches if they were from Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
Anyway, back into something constructive about making people budge and what's going to happen going forward ;)

NorthernWisdom

It's true about the MPs. Can grant them a leave of absence on this issue due to what they're having to do atm.
Although if Robinson, as former chairman and major shareholder, can't even be bothered to respond to a letter about the club, it shows just how useless he is and has been wrt the club. You'd think he'd have at least a pang of conscience that would make him want to
Like I said, read through the thread.

The whole thing has been about "majorities" and what other people think which is why people have asked what if there's 2 clubs.

There's not really much difference between a new team and an existing team, none would be ccfc.
I think you've missed the nuance somewhat.

Nick

Administrator
Although if Robinson, as former chairman and major shareholder, can't even be bothered to respond to a letter about the club, it shows just how useless he is and has been wrt the club. You'd think he'd have at least a pang of conscience that would make him want to

No I read what Otis was saying ;) (he isn't really a nuance)

Robinson seemingly gets away with sitting quietly as well.

Otis

You said it was about opinions though? My dog is very cat like, eats cat biscuits.

The same as Chester FC isn't Chester City FC.

I'm a ccfc fan, some people would be a fan of dog shit sandwiches if they were from Coventry.
But your analogy is just plain daft, Nick.

Saying a dog is a cat in this instance would equate to saying Coventry Blaze ice hockey team are Coventry City FC.

You need a much better analogy and turning your statement about Chester City and Chester FC on its head, if they are two completely different clubs entirely, then why did the new club keep the same kit, same badge, same nickname?

Of course officially they are different, but you try telling Boro fans that they were not Nuneaton Borough and were Nuneaton Town.

They were still Boro to their fans.

Screenshot_2019-01-30-07-13-59.png

Hmm....what does that say. One Wiki page only. Nuneaton Borough page. Reformed in 2008 as Nuneaton Town. Still known as the Boro by fans.

Shouldn't they have two different Wiki pages?

Clearly still the same club. Completely different to Cov Utd who chose a different name entirely, different badge, different kit.

Otis

Indeed.

Otis

And on the official line thing, let's suppose, officially the city of Coventry was deemed to now be part of Birmingham and in Birmingham.

Would you say you were from Birmingham, or still say you were from Coventry? Would future generations be Brummies or Coventrians??

I know my answer. :)

Otis

Chester City and Chester FC have two different Wiki pages, but there is still the link there and it talks of the history, even though the new club has only been in existence for 9 years.

Different to the Nuneaton Wiki page for sure, but I'm just trying to say it is not as clear cut and black and white as you make it out to be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_F.C.

Nick

Administrator
Chester City and Chester FC have two different Wiki pages, but there is still the link there and it talks of the history, even though the new club has only been in existence for 9 years.

Different to the Nuneaton Wiki page for sure, but I'm just trying to say it is not as clear cut and black and white as you make it out to be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_F.C.
They are different clubs, its a fact. You saying "new club" confirms it

It's nothing to do with opinion.

Nick

Administrator
And on the official line thing, let's suppose, officially the city of Coventry was deemed to now be part of Birmingham and in Birmingham.

Would you say you were from Birmingham, or still say you were from Coventry? Would future generations be Brummies or Coventrians??

I know my answer. :)

No because Coventry would still be called Coventry but be part of Birmingham. Same if it's West Midlands or Warwickshire.

Blaze are as much ccfc than cov United or sphinx.

Otis

They are different clubs, its a fact. You saying "new club" confirms it

It's nothing to do with opinion.
We will have to agree to disagree then.

A new club as a continuation of the old club with a clear link between the two.

I bet you a pound to a penny that if Coventry AFC was formed and they got to a decent round of the FA Cup and beat a league club, the Beeb would be saying something along the lines of this is Coventry City's greatest performance in the FA Cup since they were formerly known as, or in their previous incarnation as Coventry City FC.

Anyway, this must be boring the pants off everyone.

The one good plus to come out of all this is, if and when Coventry City AFC are formed and StillSkyBluesTalk is set up, it won't have you and Grendel on there arguing endlessly all day with posters.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
We will have to agree to disagree then.

A new club as a continuation of the old club with a clear link between the two.

I bet you a pound to a penny that if Coventry AFC was formed and they got to a decent round of the FA Cup and beat a league club, the Beeb would be saying something along the lines of this is Coventry City's greatest performance in the FA Cup since they were formerly known as, or in their previous incarnation as Coventry City FC.

Anyway, this must be boring the pants off everyone.

The one good plus to come out of all this is, if and when Coventry City AFC are formed and StillSkyBluesTalk is set up, it won't have you and Grendel on there arguing endlessly all day with posters.

giphy.gif

Why is it always about what others say?

"opinion"
"think"
"views"
"if somebody else says"

The fact you keep saying "new club" shows it is a different club.

Users who are viewing this thread