Adverts (4 Viewers)

Frostie

I'm getting shedloads now too (on mobile).

There's a permanent banner at bottom (I wouldn't call it small, it's very obtrusive) plus a pop up that reappears even after you close it. Then some threads seem to have an ad in-between the posts.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry, am trying to sort it. Keep refreshing or clear cache and they should start to go!

wingy

I've just had a repeat of permission to give to that thing happened about two ago locked completely so just spent half an hour turning every option off,save and exit.

Nick

Administrator
I've just had a repeat of permission to give to that thing happened about two ago locked completely so just spent half an hour turning every option off,save and exit.

Once you accept, it should be gone for!

Alkhen

I'm on Android, Re-logged in, cleared my cache but am still getting massive full screen ads at the bottom and top of threads, pop-up video ads and the small animated banner at the bottom.

Screenshot_2023-11-16-22-08-47-989_com.android.chrome.jpg

JulianDarbyFTW

Hmm, strangely the issue has just happened to me again too, not quite so bad this time. Not sure how to clear cache on chrome as can't find an option.

1000011288.jpg

Alkhen

Sorry, I think I have figured how to get rid of that video!

Refresh a few times.
Video seems to have gone. Are the animated banners a permanent fixture? Totally get you need to have ads for upkeep and such just find the moving ones super annoying!

Nick

Administrator
Video seems to have gone. Are the animated banners a permanent fixture? Totally get you need to have ads for upkeep and such just find the moving ones super annoying!

Is this the one at the very very bottom?

Can you screen dump? I am trying to make it very very very minimal for when people login but then if people arent logged in it will show more.

JulianDarbyFTW

Is this the one at the very very bottom?

Can you screen dump? I am trying to make it very very very minimal for when people login but then if people arent logged in it will show more.

I'd estimate the banner's about 1/8th of the screen real estate.

1000011292.jpg

Alkhen

I've had scrolling ones down the bottom, seem to vary in size a bit too. That one at the top was scrolling text (I've had that same ad appear at the bottom)

There is a massive ad if you scroll down right to the bottom of the page too, not to intrusive really. Way less annoying than the moving ones you can't scroll past
Screenshot_2023-11-16-22-23-06-200_com.android.chrome.jpg

Nick

Administrator
I've had scrolling ones down the bottom, seem to vary in size a bit too. That one at the top was scrolling text (I've had that same ad appear at the bottom)

There is a massive ad if you scroll down right to the bottom of the page too, not to intrusive really. Way less annoying than the moving ones you can't scroll past
View attachment 32430

I'm just trying to make it only show 1, working on it still :)

Nick

Administrator
OK for phones it should just have 1 fixed to the bottom, no others? (no gigantic one in footer?)

Users who are viewing this thread