Adam Barton (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

Literally nobody agrees with you. If Jesus is weeping it's having read the complete rubbish you're typing.

Nobody agreed with me when I said HH was a bad signing (I was right) nobody agreed with me in September last year that Thorn is not good enough now everyone is saying it.

Our problem this year will be goals and that's my opinion. An I bothered that you don't agree cause not. All about opinions eh and alot on here get it wrong over and over again

Astute

These assumptions are so funny. Will post my useless say on the matter in a few mins on my laptop.

hill83

Nobody agreed with me when I said HH was a bad signing (I was right) nobody agreed with me in September last year that Thorn is not good enough now everyone is saying it.

Our problem this year will be goals and that's my opinion. An I bothered that you don't agree cause not. All about opinions eh and alot on here get it wrong over and over again

So you got 2 things right? Well done.
You are wrong this time.

We need a CM.
This is probably a moot point anyway as we will hopefully be getting a striker in anyway.

Marty

We do need a central midfielder, Deegan isn't upto standard. I'm very unsure on him so will wait for him to play before I form an opinion.

Sutty

If you're going to be condescending towards the opinions of others don't be surprised when others respond in type.

We can have Neymar and Aguero up front but if we don't have midfielders they won't get the ball. If more strikers = more goals why don't we see teams naming 5 or 6 strikers in the side?

Reynolds_121

Do you not get the point that you need to supply strikers with chances to score goals?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I can only assume 'everyone' means something different in your world. The recent jaundiced and deliberately timed poll on here, called for and populated almost exclusively by the acknowledged naysayers, even only attracted 51%

CUS Wyken

Do you not get the point that you need to supply strikers with chances to score goals?

That's a winger/attacking midfielder job. Central mid is to win the ball and break up play! And if you know what thorn plays (diamond) we will only play with one central mid.

Reynolds_121

That's a winger/attacking midfielder job. Central mid is to win the ball and break up play! And if you know what thorn plays (diamond) we will only play with one central mid.

You play with 3 CM's in the diamond and one attacking mid. You're clueless. It's a central midfielders role to break up play, pass the ball, make late runs into the box, create chances etc.

Sorry, you're talking out you're arse.

hill83

Too much of this I think

Football_Manager_2009_The_Assaillir_tactics.png

CUS Wyken

You play with 3 CM's in the diamond and one attacking mid. You're clueless. It's a central midfielders role to break up play, pass the ball, make late runs into the box, create chances etc.

Sorry, you're talking out you're arse.

Hahaha ok. No wonder this club is such a mess when you have fans who think the diamond is 3 cm!!!!

Sutty

If it's the diamond we'll play with a defensive midfielder, 2 central midfielders and an attacking midfielder.

If we play what we've been playing all pre-season it will be a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. We need at least 4 in the squad, we currently have 2, plus maybe 2 that can play there if necessary. One more central midfielder is a bare minimum.

I'd really like to think that in a winning Coventry team having a good season for a change all the youngsters in the squad, including Deegan & 21 year old Barton & the rest, they ALL might gel into a competitive unit playing good football & scoring their fair share of goals. A season that finishes in a playoff position & a Wembley trip for the Painters Cup!

Reynolds_121

Hahaha ok. No wonder this club is such a mess when you have fans who think the diamond is 3 cm!!!!

You on a wind up? You have the holding midfielder, the 2 neutral central midfielders , and one attacking midfielder who plays just behind the front two.

When not in possession you have to adapt the formation and move about accordingly to where the opposition are attacking.

CUS Wyken

If it's the diamond we'll play with a defensive midfielder, 2 central midfielders and an attacking midfielder.

If we play what we've been playing all pre-season it will be a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. We need at least 4 in the squad, we currently have 2, plus maybe 2 that can play there if necessary. One more central midfielder is a bare minimum.

Baker, bell, fleck, mcsheffrey and kilbane will battle for the wide positions. Which are wingers. We hardly ever played 3 cm last season in the 'diamond'

CUS Wyken

You on a wind up? You have the holding midfielder, the 2 neutral central midfielders , and one attacking midfielder who plays just behind the front two.

When not in possession you have to adapt the formation and move about accordingly to where the opposition are attacking.

So mcsheffrey, baker bell are all central midfielders???

Sutty

Baker, bell, fleck, mcsheffrey and kilbane will battle for the wide positions. Which are wingers. We hardly ever played 3 cm last season in the 'diamond'

Yep, we shoehorned wide players like Bell and Baker into the central midfield positions because... erm... oh yes:

WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Reynolds_121

What so you think Norwood played left wing then? Oh and Bigi/Thomas were right wing? No, they were central midfielders. We didn't play with wingers last season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They don't play as wingers though, how many times did you those players getting to the byline for a cross into the box last season. Hardly ever, they tuck into the middle pitch of the pitch majority of time so we don't get over run through the middle.

Diehard Si

What was the last reply to this thread actually talking about the player joining us?

Keep checking in for updates, but it's flooded with pointless bickering.

CUS Wyken

They don't play as wingers though, how many times did you those players getting to the byline for a cross into the box last season. Hardly ever, they tuck into the middle pitch of the pitch majority of time so we don't get over run through the middle.

And that's why we were shit!!!! Didn't use the width enough.

Astute

HH got a bad injury that finished his season. So that made him a bad signing?

Everyone saying AT isn't good enough? What does the word everyone mean? Don't I get included in the word everyone?

Kilbane is a left sided player. He has been tried in CM. It didn't work. We have enough midfielders. We don't have enough CM's though.

We have enough strikers. Just because you don't rate one of them it don't mean we need more.

I have a feeling we could play 3 5 2 at times this season. Big man little man up front, maybe 1 or two attacking defenders, a DM with 2 CM and 2 attacking wingers. We will need at least 1 more CM. We need to stop playing players out of position. This would give us 7 or 8 players to attack with and 4 to defend with, going up to 6 with wide players. We need to go for attacking formations this season. This will make our opponents sit back more.

Users who are viewing this thread