Adam Barton (1 Viewer)

Sutty

He's a massive talent. If he's over his injury he'll be our best player.

Thorn is actually willing to pay REAL money instead of scraping the bottom of the free agent barrel! Barton? Barton? Wasn't there a well known Barton played EPL? Any relation?

Grendel

Again very true. Very few fully recover after such a major injury.

The reason they will want to sell him will likely be nothing to do with his injury but more the fact he had previously played for Preston.

Greggs

A serious back injury at 16, Triple Broken Leg at 21 and we are offering cash?

dongonzalos

Violin.jpg

;)

Too big, needs to be world smallest. Can't do icons on my phone wanted to do crying one :)

Grendel

I'm not I think he would be a risk well worth taking.

hill83

Me too, but others are always quick to jump to some negative conclusion because of things they've read.

Which, ironically, is exactly what you have done in your previous post. :thinking about:

skybluejack10

by the sounds of things, he's a good passer and good whilst in possession, he is a decent playmaker but lacks willingness and the desire to put his body on the line for tough challenges and lacks intelligence whilst off the ball and offers very little work rate if not in ball possession. Some games he tends to play as more of a passenger and fades out of games.
If we can manage to give him a kick up the backside, make him fitter and recover from his injuries and work harder for the team then he could be a good signing. There's lots of fans tipping him for the premier league when he's older. Remember he's only 21, although i fear that by the sounds of things, he's just another conor thomas, sounds like he has similar attributes all round really.
He was also treated poorly at preston which could of been a downfall to his game.

hill83

Little bit different. I've given these posters a chance before today, they're not giving this player a chance!

:D
I was being facetious to be fair.

I've never heard of the player before, but if some reports are saying he's good, he's got to be worth a shot regardless of previous injury.

Grendel

Bit uneasey about this approach. Thorn may be the one who wants him. Surely that changes things?

Well it's hardly a scouting mission is it? He was a real prospect in the past and the Preston manager wants to sell every player he has.
There is more chance of him being a success than a 30 year old from Brazil who has never played in England.

CUS Wyken

Another midfielder tho??? Seriously we don't need a midfielder in the middle. We've got plenty. We are in desperation for a forward.

Reynolds_121

Another midfielder tho??? Seriously we don't need a midfielder in the middle. We've got plenty. We are in desperation for a forward.

This HAS to be a wind up? We've got two CM's, it's our biggest problem at the minute. It looks as if we'll be playing one up front so 4 strikers is more than enough. We have Deegan and Thomas as our only recognised CM's.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Desperate? McDonald, McSheffrey, Ball, ROD, Elliott, trialist(s)? Sure, one more quality addition and/or some pace would be nice; but we're not that bad, surely?

ccfcway

deegan aint up to it

leaving just Thomas,

I would suggest we really do need a decent centre midfielder !

CUS Wyken

This HAS to be a wind up? We've got two CM's, it's our biggest problem at the minute. It looks as if we'll be playing one up front so 4 strikers is more than enough. We have Deegan and Thomas as our only recognised CM's.

We also have Reece brown, fleck and kilbane who can play in the middle. Up front we have Cody, Elliot and Ball and that's it!!!

CUS Wyken

No wonder your all thorn lovers (clueless) when you think a CM is more important then a striker!!!

Remind me how many goals we've scored in the past 4 games?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I tell you what, if - and I acknowledge it's a big if - but if Barton and Thomas could play to their potential and gel, that'd be a hell of a midfield partnership for this league

Reynolds_121

We also have Reece brown, fleck and kilbane who can play in the middle. Up front we have Cody, Elliot and Ball and that's it!!!

Reece Brown is a centre back who can fill in, Fleck is not a central midfielder, he's an attacking midfielder, big difference, and Kevin Kilbane has never played Central midfield in his life, he's just plugging a gap in pre season. CM is our biggest problem area and it has been for years.

I'd heard of him without ever hearing too much about him. Sounds like he might just be a talented ball player... Norwood Mark 2, perhaps (except we own him). Sometimes players are not the same after big injuries, sometimes they come back with a vengeance. He is still only 21, doesn't sound like he was ever a crunching ball winner. I think as Coventry fans we are too used to being served up dross to let ourselves get too enthusiastic, so...

Fleck wants to come here? Rejected by Rangers.
Kilbane wants to come here? Drawing a pension.
Barton wants to come here (hopefully)? He will pussy out of challenges.
Anyone I've not heard of wants to come here? Must be toss, I am aware of most football players globally.

I would be most enthused about the fact we are spending a bit of cash on a transfer fee for the first time since Cody. Still can't help thinking they need to do the same with another striker, but I am basing this on very little knowledge of Ball / Elliott / Bruno (if he signs). Midfield could well be taking shape, although I think a ball winner in the mould of Jennings might have been a positive. Deegan may only be the answer if the question is 'how do we lose possession quickly?', although I am not writing anyone off until the new season starts (including Bell). At the risk of subverting this into a thread about Thorn (genuinely not my intention), he would appear to have fewer excuses for a poor season having not only brought in several new faces but also having spent a little money. Fingers crossed that a decent striker is on the radar too and the squad should be taking shape, numerically if nothing else.

Reynolds_121

No wonder your all thorn lovers (clueless) when you think a CM is more important then a striker!!!

Remind me how many goals we've scored in the past 4 games?

Oh god, go educate yourself. How can strikers score if the service is poor? You need to adress the service as well as employing strikers. (we've already signed 2)

CUS Wyken

Reece Brown is a centre back who can fill in, Fleck is not a central midfielder, he's an attacking midfielder, big difference, and Kevin Kilbane has never played Central midfield in his life, he's just plugging a gap in pre season. CM is our biggest problem area and it has been for years.

CM is out biggest problem??? Ok if you insist. (Jesus wept) up front is but it's alright. We have o'donovan don't we!!!

Reynolds_121

I'd heard of him without ever hearing too much about him. Sounds like he might just be a talented ball player... Norwood Mark 2, perhaps (except we own him). Sometimes players are not the same after big injuries, sometimes they come back with a vengeance. He is still only 21, doesn't sound like he was ever a crunching ball winner. I think as Coventry fans we are too used to being served up dross to let ourselves get too enthusiastic, so...

Fleck wants to come here? Rejected by Rangers.
Kilbane wants to come here? Drawing a pension.
Barton wants to come here (hopefully)? He will pussy out of challenges.
Anyone I've not heard of wants to come here? Must be toss, I am aware of most football players globally.

I would be most enthused about the fact we are spending a bit of cash on a transfer fee for the first time since Cody. Still can't help thinking they need to do the same with another striker, but I am basing this on very little knowledge of Ball / Elliott / Bruno (if he signs). Midfield could well be taking shape, although I think a ball winner in the mould of Jennings might have been a positive. Deegan may only be the answer if the question is 'how do we lose possession quickly?', although I am not writing anyone off until the new season starts (including Bell). At the risk of subverting this into a thread about Thorn (genuinely not my intention), he would appear to have fewer excuses for a poor season having not only brought in several new faces but also having spent a little money. Fingers crossed that a decent striker is on the radar too and the squad should be taking shape, numerically if nothing else.

How can you make that assumption?

Users who are viewing this thread