Adam Barton (1 Viewer)

pw362

Daily Mail says we are talking to Preston midfielder Adam Barton after agreeing a 125k fee. Anyone out there know if this is true?

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Says on wiki he suffered a triple leg break in February, if I'm wrong surely a triple leg break takes much longer to heal/get better and not done in 5 months

neilyboy67

finding it hard to give judgement on these players we are supposed to be linked to: adam barton???????????????? god lets get back at the first attempt and get in the real world of football

hill83

finding it hard to give judgement on these players we are supposed to be linked to: adam barton???????????????? god lets get back at the first attempt and get in the real world of football

What do you mean? :thinking about:

skybluejack10

yeah it's confirmed on the lancashire post that we've made a bid for him. Just looks like another lanky midfielder to me. We need a strong ball winner who's a good passer

Grendel

Can't be true. Sisu dont sign players for money.

dongonzalos

There is a height obsession at the moment.

However like I said it took sheff weds a while to realise you need a big team to get out of this league.

Personally I prefer the spanish dwarf approach.

However you should listen to a fan of a club who has been there and done it.

hill83

It was just nice to be quoted and not followed with a load of flack, even if you did in error.

Violin.jpg

;)

skybluedaze

'On 25 February 2012, Barton suffered a suspected triple leg break and a dislocated ankle in a 0-0 draw against Walsall FC'

A player often struggles to find form for ages after such a horrendous injury. It may take him all next season to get back to where he was, wherever that might have been. I know nothing about him, he might have been average before the injury. He'll obvioulsy have to pass a strict medical before hand. He could end up being a bargain if he proves his fitness. I somehow doubt it though.

Otis

After a triple leg break I can't see him being too keen to go into and 50/50 challenges.

Could have affected him psychologically.

SlowerThanPlatt

Post on the Preston forum:

As for Barton, he was shocking for the vast majority of his games for us and never seemed that bothered. He actually started playing to a half decent standard in his last few games then snapped his leg which could send him right back to where he was - a soft arse who has no business in central midfield.

Marty

After a triple leg break I can't see him being too keen to go into and 50/50 challenges.

Could have affected him psychologically.

Think this is a very good point, we already have plenty of chickens more then willing to pull out of a 50/50. Could be best for all parties if we get him on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Otis

Was.

Players after major injuries are more often than not, not the same player.

Otis

Quite often lose a yard of pace and as said earlier, can have a bit of problem psychologically with the physical side of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread