Accrington Stanley (1 Viewer)

Hobo

According to Forbes John Huntsman has given away about 1.5 billion 80 per cent of his wealth mainly to the church.

So I still see no evidence Joy Seppala is a billionaire.

Sky Blue Kid

As I've already said... "Not sure who this perports to." Anyway! getting back to my post about speculating to accumulate. Which camp are you in?
The "Robbins Camp".. Put money into the team and having a decent chance of promotion to the top Flight, knowing not much chance of making any money out of it?
Or The SISU Camp.. No decent investment in the team and watch us stagnate and go nowhere ie- To wallow midtable in the 3rd Division for at least the foreseeable future? Whilst watching non league teams get promoted and go above us into the Championship? It's your call guys!

Nick

Administrator
According to Forbes John Huntsman has given away about 1.5 billion 80 per cent of his wealth mainly to the church.

So I still see no evidence Joy Seppala is a billionaire.

If only they had put a chapel in at the Ricoh...

Hobo

As I've already said... "Not sure who this perports to." Anyway! getting back to my post about speculating to accumulate. Which camp are you in?
The "Robbins Camp".. Put money into the team and having a decent chance of promotion to the top Flight, knowing not much chance of making any money out of it?
Or The SISU Camp.. No decent investment in the team and watch us stagnate and go nowhere ie- To wallow midtable in the 3rd Division for at least the foreseeable future? Whilst watching non league teams get promoted and go above us into the Championship? It's your call guys!

I am in the camp of working with our budget and putting some decent infra structure in the club and building a team over several seasons.

It worked with Jimmy Hill and it has worked at places like Leicester and Southampton. Burton is another example of steady progress over a number of years.

Because when we do get out of this league I want us to have a realistic chance of at least staying in the league above.

Nick

Administrator
I am in the camp of working with our budget and putting some decent infra structure in the club and building a team over several seasons.

It worked with Jimmy Hill and it has worked at places like Leicester and Southampton. Burton is another example of steady progress over a number of years.

Because when we do get out of this league I want us to have a realistic chance of at least staying in the league above.

Agree with that!

ajsccfc

I love how every week there's a new thing that 'says it all' or shows how low we've sunk or whatever. I just use the league table.

Sky Blue Kid

All well and good under normal circumstances... but I think you are forgetting SISU are our owners. How long do you think TM and MV will stay to implement this when SISU put more restrictions on them next season?.... And Yes it worked with JH Why??? because he was backed to the hilt financially by Robbins. TM is in no way going to get the same backing. You can't expect miracles from TM without the right amount of backing.. Something which is glaringly obvious to be missing with regards to SISU.

Nick

Administrator
All well and good under normal circumstances... but I think you are forgetting SISU are our owners. How long do you think TM and MV will stay to implement this when SISU put more restrictions on them next season?.... And Yes it worked with JH Why??? because he was backed to the hilt financially by Robbins. TM is in no way going to get the same backing. You can't expect miracles from TM without the right amount of backing.. Something which is glaringly obvious to be missing with regards to SISU.

How many other teams in League 1 are backed to the hilt financially?

TM obviously things it is do-able as he agreed to it.

J

Jack Griffin

Burnley were division 1 champions once while Coventry were in division 3. What's your point?

Roller coaster of a journey.. the abolition of the minimum wage put paid to their success.
825px-Burnley_FC_League_Performance.svg.png

Nick

Administrator
I love how every week there's a new thing that 'says it all' or shows how low we've sunk or whatever. I just use the league table.

"Just had a shit, it had a bit of sweetcorn in it. The yellow reminded me of Norwich, I will never forgive SISU for selling Maddison"

Sky Blue Kid

Think logically Nick! TM was the messiah in first half of this season, how many people still think he is now? He even admitted that the players weren't doing what they're told to do. Disharmony in the camp?, How long will he put his reputation on the line? People are thinking he will walk before the end of his contract. You only need to read the posts on here to see it's a distinct possibility.

Nick

Administrator
Think logically Nick! TM was the messiah in first half of this season, how many people still think he is now? He even admitted that the players weren't doing what they're told to do. Disharmony in the camp?, How long will he put his reputation on the line? People are thinking he will walk before the end of his contract. You only need to read the posts on here to see it's a distinct possibility.

So players aren't listening to him, surely that says things about him rather than SISU?

Why would he walk? He had a decent League 1 squad and failed off, the same as he has history of doing in the past.

Sky Blue Kid

Fulham were backed by Al-Fayed with Keegan in charge promising premier football in 5 years... They did it in 3. Leicester Premier champs, in the same shit division as us only a few years ago, Southampton, the same. Why is that? Financial backing, that's how.

torchomatic

Some fans still think of us as a Premiership team. Unbelievable.

We're actually going to be in the same division next season. Unbelievable.

Nick

Administrator
Fulham were backed by Al-Fayed with Keegan in charge promising premier football in 5 years... They did it in 3. Leicester Premier champs, in the same shit division as us only a few years ago, Southampton, the same. Why is that? Financial backing, that's how.

Yes, but we don't have Billionaire owners do we. It is pointless comparing us to teams like Leicester.

May as well throw Man City in there too.

Sky Blue Kid

So players aren't listening to him, surely that says things about him rather than SISU?

Why would he walk? He had a decent League 1 squad and failed off, the same as he has history of doing in the past.

That's right Nick, he did have a squad that could compete initially in the first half of the season. What happened in the second half? They couldn't buy a win.
Why are you saying it says things about him and not SISU? Don't you read reports about what senior players like Fleck has to say? "A bit more backing by the owners could have seen us into the top places in the league"? TM thought he could "Pull it off" with the budget given to him... He couldn't, but did he get a little extra help from the owners?..NO!

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, but we don't have Billionaire owners do we. It is pointless comparing us to teams like Leicester.

May as well throw Man City in there too.

We didn't have billionaire owners when we went from Division 3 to the first division either!

Nick

Administrator
That's right Nick, he did have a squad that could compete initially in the first half of the season. What happened in the second half? They couldn't buy a win.
Why are you saying it says things about him and not SISU? Don't you read reports about what senior players like Fleck has to say? "A bit more backing by the owners could have seen us into the top places in the league"? TM thought he could "Pull it off" with the budget given to him... He couldn't, but did he get a little extra help from the owners?..NO!

You said players weren't listening to him, I said that says things about him rather than SISU. Which it does doesn't it?

Why has the same squad also beaten Sheff Utd, Millwall and Bradford?

Of course putting loads of money in would help, which they seem to have started with the likes of Jones.

Sky Blue Kid

You said players weren't listening to him, I said that says things about him rather than SISU. Which it does doesn't it?

Why has the same squad also beaten Sheff Utd, Millwall and Bradford?

Of course putting loads of money in would help, which they seem to have started with the likes of Jones.

We also got beaten by 5 out of the bottom 8 teams, including getting stuffed 3-1 by P'borough, Donny 2-0, Fleetwood 2-1 at home, Colchester 1-0, Shrewsbury 2-1........ In which 2 of these teams have already been relegated.

Nick

Administrator
We also got beaten by 5 out of the bottom 8 teams, including getting stuffed 3-1 by P'borough, Donny 2-0, Fleetwood 2-1 at home, Colchester 1-0, Shrewsbury 2-1........ In which 2 of these teams have already been relegated.

Yep we did, games like Peterborough where the opposition manager changed things to change the game.

Fleetwood where their players wanted it more. they also came with a tactic to hit us on the break.

The manager has to shoulder the blame for a large part of those, saying we had a rubbish squad as the reason we lost to Fleetwood and Doncaster but then we beat Sheff Utd, Millwall and Bradford doesn't stack up.

It isn't the defeats, it is the manor of the defeats.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, but how long ago was that?

Things are completely different now.

I'll give you one thing Nick.. Things are different now, Football went from a sport that the average person could afford watch, to a multi-Billion pound business that cares nothing about the fans.

ajsccfc

It seems almost a subconscious issue where we slack off against lower sides. I've got no doubt that the players intend to give their all regardless of opposition, but those results can't be coincidence. You can't succeed without a mental steeliness that we are currently missing.

Sky Blue Kid

Yep we did, games like Peterborough where the opposition manager changed things to change the game.

Fleetwood where their players wanted it more. they also came with a tactic to hit us on the break.

The manager has to shoulder the blame for a large part of those, saying we had a rubbish squad as the reason we lost to Fleetwood and Doncaster but then we beat Sheff Utd, Millwall and Bradford doesn't stack up.

It isn't the defeats, it is the manor of the defeats.

What if TM's tactics were right but the players just couldn't be arsed? What if the players win bonus had actually been stopped?(Much easier for loanees to think "fuck it" why bother, knowing they are gone end of season) Leaving the players actually owned by the Club to fight a losing cause? Maybe the players heard/know something about the JR results over the last month and decided the Club might win it? and thought lets give it a go and get good wages next season?..... The answer is... It's all supposition, Some, all, none of the above could be true, then again probably not ;)

Nick

Administrator
What if TM's tactics were right but the players just couldn't be arsed? What if the players win bonus had actually been stopped?(Much easier for loanees to think "fuck it" why bother, knowing they are gone end of season) Leaving the players actually owned by the Club to fight a losing cause? Maybe the players heard/know something about the JR results over the last month and decided the Club might win it? and thought lets give it a go and get good wages next season?..... The answer is... It's all supposition, Some, all, none of the above could be true, then again probably not ;)

If the bonus had been stopped, why did they bother to go out and fight against Bradford and Millwall?

If he thought the players couldn't be arsed, then he should have made changes. Amazing co-incidence that he doesn't play a player and we win a couple, he plays him and we lose, then he drops him and we win again.

Why does it have to be something like the JR results, bonuses stopped and not just down to TM making mistakes or being out thought? Fleetwood came to the Ricoh with a plan, they stuck to it and they beat us because of it. They nullified our system well.

Sky Blue Kid

If the bonus had been stopped, why did they bother to go out and fight against Bradford and Millwall?

If he thought the players couldn't be arsed, then he should have made changes. Amazing co-incidence that he doesn't play a player and we win a couple, he plays him and we lose, then he drops him and we win again.

Why does it have to be something like the JR results, bonuses stopped and not just down to TM making mistakes or being out thought? Fleetwood came to the Ricoh with a plan, they stuck to it and they beat us because of it. They nullified our system well.

You're at it again Nick. Not reading posts properly ffs......... Quote[The answer is... It's all supposition, Some, all, none of the above could be true, then again probably not ;)]Unquote...... Never heard of "Tongue in cheek"?

Nick

Administrator
You're at it again Nick. Not reading posts properly ffs......... Quote[The answer is... It's all supposition, Some, all, none of the above could be true, then again probably not ;)]Unquote...... Never heard of "Tongue in cheek"?

Yes, anything but the fault of the players and the manager by the looks of it.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, anything but the fault of the players and the manager by the looks of it.

It proves you don't read posts properly mate. You make assumptions without looking at comments. Take your time and look at some of my posts from only 1-2 weeks ago where I blame TM for bad team choices, tactics etc..... :) Don't let facts deter you from attacking all of my posts though ;)
PS. Going back to yesterday in a chat with Moff... I'm not going to research and post a link for you... Look for yourself ;)

Nick

Administrator
It proves you don't read posts properly mate. You make assumptions without looking at comments. Take your time and look at some of my posts from only 1-2 weeks ago where I blame TM for bad team choices, tactics etc..... :) Don't let facts deter you from attacking all of my posts though ;)
PS. Going back to yesterday in a chat with Moff... I'm not going to research and post a link for you... Look for yourself ;)

So if we have a decent enough squad and have lost games because of bad team choices, tactics then surely he had the resources to get us top 6? You have also said the players weren't listening to Mowbray?

Sky Blue Kid

So if we have a decent enough squad and have lost games because of bad team choices, tactics then surely he had the resources to get us top 6? You have also said the players weren't listening to Mowbray?
I'll tell you what Nick, you want to have the last word... go ahead!.... Btw I didn't say the players weren't listening.......... Mowbray did ;):facepalm::wave:

Nick

Administrator
I'll tell you what Nick, you want to have the last word... go ahead!.... Btw I didn't say the players weren't listening.......... Mowbray did ;):facepalm::wave:

Have the last word? Is that the same as disagreeing with you?

We had a good enough squad to be top 6. We have beaten most of the top teams, but then by your own admission Mowbray has messed up a few times. He has also said players have not listened to what he wants them to do.

I am not doubting if millions were pumped in in January it would have helped, but realistically it was never going to happen was it?

Sick Boy

Posts on a football forum mean very little in relation to whether or not Mowbray will walk away or not.

torchomatic

What absolute rubbish. Just because someone says on there that something will happen doesn't make it a distinct possibility. For example if I said next season I think you'll mellow and stop being a shouty twat, that doesn't make it a "distinct possibility", more "extremely unlikely".

People are thinking he will walk before the end of his contract. You only need to read the posts on here to see it's a distinct possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread