Absolutely disgusted (1 Viewer)

wingy

That's an interesting observation. Caffeine is certainly a drug and there is the problem of mild withdrawal, weekend headaches, etc.

That'd be really annoying ,especially if it were the Missus.

LB87ccfc

I remember when we was in Northampton and suggested protesting at the Council to act and try and help bring the club back, but was laughed and now the council have done the fucking dirty on the club now that Wasps have took the Ricoh thanks to the Council and people are up in arms about it.. fickle bunch hey.

The Prefect

Ill say it again, AnnLucas - A club should not be ripped from its community

She has done exactly that, agreed for a club to be ripped from its community. There is no defending that.

Ann Lucas hasn't ripped the club from it's community - the clubs owners have. There was no rental dispute until relegation to L1. Owner's that have "access to tens of millions," claimed that they couldn't afford the rent and the rest is history.

I really understand what you're saying (and I do feel the same) but a football club doesn't belong to the local community it belongs to its shareholders in the same way as your local Tesco belongs to Tesco's shareholders. It is supported by the local (and non-local) community like any Coventry business.

The prosperity and well being of Coventry City is purely in the hands of its owners. It is up to them to put forward a product that engenders the support of the community and will contribute to the club's financial success. The same can be said for any business. I'll leave the debate as to whether they have done this to your own thoughts.

Over to SISU...

ccfcmustang

Ann Lucas hasn't ripped the club from it's community - the clubs owners have. There was no rental dispute until relegation to L1. Owner's that have "access to tens of millions," claimed that they couldn't afford the rent and the rest is history.

I really understand what you're saying (and I do feel the same) but a football club doesn't belong to the local community it belongs to its shareholders in the same way as your local Tesco belongs to Tesco's shareholders. It is supported by the local (and non-local) community like any Coventry business.

The prosperity and well being of Coventry City is purely in the hands of its owners. It is up to them to put forward a product that engenders the support of the community and will contribute to the club's financial success. The same can be said for any business. I'll leave the debate as to whether they have done this to your own thoughts.

Over to SISU...

what your saying is true, i get that. Its sad that we live in a world like that but its true.

However when we left the Ricoh she said that "a club shouldnt be ripped from its community" and now she has agreed for Wasps to rip itself away from its community and enter ours.

I just cannot agree with that

Covkid1968#

Do you know what the sad thing about Cov Rugby is that it will never get to the premiership.

The RU premiership is becoming an old boys network and soon there will be no relegation or promotion into there league. There are plans for this to be implemented in a way to follow the NFL model.

Premiership Rugby Union would probably not be as excited to watch as the Football premiership where the door is open for any club in the league to enter the league on merit. Now that's the beauty of it compared to Rugby.

Not my understanding - I speak to quite a few well connected Rugby people and I believe they are looking at the 2 up 2 down model rather than that odd play off model. CRFC I am told are quite optimistic about this Wasps move - but as the club builds back to the good old days and a 10 year plan is in place to do just that, then the problems really do start once Cov reach the premier league. How is that going to work...mind you Cov v Wasps will be some fixture!!!!

matesx

However when we left the Ricoh she said that "a club shouldnt be ripped from its community" and now she has agreed for Wasps to rip itself away from its community and enter ours.

Ripped them from Wycombe?

Otis

Probably right, First tried a Starbucks in the US way back when, and before I new what they were as an organisation, and still remember buzzing round (no pun intended) for the rest of the day.

It's still better for my daughter to be doing this than drinking thunderbird in the local park I suppose!

Unless of course she is drinking Thunderbird in the local park and is pretending she is calling you from Starbucks.

Any of her friends any good at making background frothing noises at all, do you know?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think what Starbucks have done has given people a mild addiction to caffeine. The coffee is ridiculously strong but people (certainly those working in Manchester City Centre) just have to go every morning.

It also appears to have made peoples brains rot with regards personal finances etc.....

...The amount of low-paid workers (retail, call centre etc.) I see going to Starbucks, Costa etc. & coming out with a large coffee & pastry/cake/cookie etc. every fucking day is unreal....that probably amounts to about 1/12 of their annual salary.....just have a brew & some cornflakes at home FFS....fucking idiots.

I've only been in a costa once.....and that was for a shit.

dadgad

I remember when we was in Northampton and suggested protesting at the Council to act and try and help bring the club back, but was laughed and now the council have done the fucking dirty on the club now that Wasps have took the Ricoh thanks to the Council and people are up in arms about it.. fickle bunch hey.
It is really down to some believing that the Council should be safeguarding the football club because they both have "coventry" in their names.

This is and always has been a nonsense, a fallacy perpetrated by idiocy.

The council have an equal responsibility to provide certain services to all citizens and ratepayers.

That is non-negotiable and its prime duty.

Otis

Ripped them from Wycombe?

That sounds as weird as, Hull, UK City of Culture

Otis

It is really down to some believing that the Council should be safeguarding the football club because they both have "coventry" in their names.

This is and always has been a nonsense, a fallacy perpetrated by idiocy.

The council have an equal responsibility to provide certain services to all citizens and ratepayers.

That is non-negotiable and its prime duty.

I get that bit. What percentage of the local Coventry population go up and watch the City?

It is the duty of the council to act in the best interests of the city of Coventry. The entire electorate.

Guess time will tell if that proves to be the case, that in the grand scheme of things, Coventry is a more prosperous and vibrant city as a result of this.

Still has to be argued re the historical nature and heritage of our local football teams, that date back nearly 150 years.

dadgad

Otis, I also get and appreciate heritage and history. But when we consider the relative merits of jousting and shin kicking we're not directly recognising the political framework that permitted these activities. There is a relationship, everything is political, but usually sport is a cultural and sociological function of its people and not reliant on government handouts and state sponsorship. It never was and never should be.

Chipfat

I'm not sure anyone supports the idea or Wasps, but to say you hate Sisu so you Support CCC or hate the CCC so you must support SISU is to easy and to clear cut.. I don't support or the CCC and i don't support Sisu.. I always look out for cov rugby results and even go on the message board most week to keep up with the live scores, i won't stop doing that or turn to watching Wasps games.. But reality now has to happen Wasps are here and CCFC and Cov rugby have to embrace the idea to maximize the potential that is on offer.. Sisu did have a chance and still do at being a player round the table but time will tell if they take the option..

Also the dust hasn't settled yet and time again will be the answer to if this has been a good idea or bad idea for all concerned,, so i have understood the sale, i don't agree with it but i understand it.. I also understand the reason behind the CCC reluctance to deal with SISU but doesn't mean to say any future deals with sisu i wouldn't agree with either. All of us want what is best for our clubs,, even in sports we don't like so lets see how this plays out as i think the next 30 days could bring some more interesting parties to the dance..

Otis

I'm not sure anyone supports the idea or Wasps, but to say you hate Sisu so you Support CCC or hate the CCC so you must support SISU is to easy and to clear cut.. I don't support or the CCC and i don't support Sisu.. I always look out for cov rugby results and even go on the message board most week to keep up with the live scores, i won't stop doing that or turn to watching Wasps games.. But reality now has to happen Wasps are here and CCFC and Cov rugby have to embrace the idea to maximize the potential that is on offer.. Sisu did have a chance and still do at being a player round the table but time will tell if they take the option..

Also the dust hasn't settled yet and time again will be the answer to if this has been a good idea or bad idea for all concerned,, so i have understood the sale, i don't agree with it but i understand it.. I also understand the reason behind the CCC reluctance to deal with SISU but doesn't mean to say any future deals with sisu i wouldn't agree with either. All of us want what is best for our clubs,, even in sports we don't like so lets see how this plays out as i think the next 30 days could bring some more interesting parties to the dance..

On the consultation front I would say they are both as bad as each other. CCC went ahead with the Wasps deal without any consultation with fans or fans' groups and at no point did Sisu ask if we wanted to go to Northampton and neither have they asked if we want a new stadium.

I really think they should listen to fans' views. Seems like the vast majority of people would be against a new stadium being built, for a number of reasons (cheaper, smaller, increase of financial burden, distance, resident opposition, Ricoh so much better etc.etc.)

Our owners really need to listen up a bit more.

If they were to carry out this folly, I think by the time any stadium was built the faithful will be a faithful handfull.

If they do happen by some miracle to find some land somewhere with the intention to build, I get the feeling they would be loath to tell us, as I am sure they will not find anywhere big enough, that's close enough to the city to plonk down anywhere.

TheOldFive

All of that protesting last year about the move out to Sixfields, and the cloying sanctimony of so many saying it was "wrong" to be there or to go and watch, which was judged to be supporting the move out of where the club belonged. All that heartfelt anger, the righteous bile. How things have now changed for so many.

Even despite all of the judgemental horseshit I heard and read from self appointed moral arbiters of what was good and right for me to do with my own money and time, I am still absolutely stunned by how many have completely turned about face on the issues they were so certain of. That some just shrug and say "well yes it's sad for Wasps but not our problem and ultimately it's Sisus fault anyway".

It's absolutely pathetic. I've never felt so vindicated in my opinion that some people were full of crap and now that they have proved it with flying colours I'm embarrassed for them. How could we protest, with placards and banners and ribbons, yet not realise our complicity in destroying Wasps RFC and wrecking our own proud Cov? Do not trust this Management team at this newly franchised Wasps. No good will come from this sale, it's as false a dawn as Sisu's arrival here. The sooner CCFC get out of The Ricoh now the better, Wasps lose £3M a year right now and won't turn that around by buying our accursed bowl - best get out from under the whole house of cards sharpish.

I'd take a move back to Sixfields tomorrow especially if it meant we wouldn't have to put up with some of the plastic two faced twerps that deserve the mockery that this City now rightly earns as the laughing stock of sport and "Civic Pride." Or maybe CRFC would take us at The Butts. We only need 7-8000 capacity for real fans now, that's proved for sure. Shame upon this City of ours.

Otis

All of that protesting last year about the move out to Sixfields, and the cloying sanctimony of so many saying it was "wrong" to be there or to go and watch, which was judged to be supporting the move out of where the club belonged. All that heartfelt anger, the righteous bile. How things have now changed for so many.

Even despite all of the judgemental horseshit I heard and read from self appointed moral arbiters of what was good and right for me to do with my own money and time, I am still absolutely stunned by how many have completely turned about face on the issues they were so certain of. That some just shrug and say "well yes it's sad for Wasps but not our problem and ultimately it's Sisus fault anyway".

It's absolutely pathetic. I've never felt so vindicated in my opinion that some people were full of crap and now that they have proved it with flying colours I'm embarrassed for them. How could we protest, with placards and banners and ribbons, yet not realise our complicity in destroying Wasps RFC and wrecking our own proud Cov? Do not trust this Management team at this newly franchised Wasps. No good will come from this sale, it's as false a dawn as Sisu's arrival here. The sooner CCFC get out of The Ricoh now the better, Wasps lose £3M a year right now and won't turn that around by buying our accursed bowl - best get out from under the whole house of cards sharpish.

I'd take a move back to Sixfields tomorrow especially if it meant we wouldn't have to put up with some of the plastic two faced twerps that deserve the mockery that this City now rightly earns as the laughing stock of sport and "Civic Pride." Or maybe CRFC would take us at The Butts. We only need 7-8000 capacity for real fans now, that's proved for sure. Shame upon this City of ours.

You'd take a move back to Sixfields tomorrow?

You my friend, are crazy in the coconut.

You trying to start yet another franchise or something? :whistle:

TheOldFive

Yeah well, maybe you're right. Point is that these Wasps Chaps seem even shadier than our bunch of hapless goons. Putting my money in their pocket does not appeal after the 82 miles of scorched earth they have just ignited under a formerly proud Sporting club and its hardy supporters (who many of us that have sermonised about supporter solidarity now seem not to care about). Do not imagine for a moment that if our tenancy does not suit the Wasp's owners agenda then we will find ourselves in anything other than deeper in the mire than we have ever been. They are certain to turn a buck over and expect The Ricoh to be sold for an eye watering profit in a couple of years, to God knows who. Time to back the New Build so that CCFC and its Revenue streams are indivisible regardless of who owns the club in the long term. No other course to financial stability is tenable.

Johnnythespider

Are you for real, a move back to six fields, get off your high horse. I am convinced our owners caught wind of this deal some time ago hence the quick sharp return to the Ricoh, they new that if they stayed in Northampton they would be out in the cold. There only hope of getting anything out of this was to return and try to salvage the option on the higgs share, ask yourself this, why would acl agree to let the club come back to the stadium knowing that when this deal came out it would look like the council were selling the club down the river. It would have looked much better for them to have told sisu to do one and announce this deal in there absence, all those rumours about us coming back before the season started begin to make more sense in light of recent events. As for the proud history of cov rugby club, yes they were one of the top clubs in the 60s and 70s but they got left behind living on past glories and not enough of us were proud enough to go and support them back to the top. I do not support sports franchising, if I did I'd support one of the big premiership clubs.

Monners

Unless of course she is drinking Thunderbird in the local park and is pretending she is calling you from Starbucks.

Any of her friends any good at making background frothing noises at all, do you know?

Shit! I hadn't thought of that. Naive parent of the year award goes too...

Sick Boy

Top post...couldn't agree more. We had genuine support amongst the football community over Sixfields...i'd imagine a lot of that support wouldn't happen again if those fans read this board.

Otis

Top post...couldn't agree more. We had genuine support amongst the football community over Sixfields...i'd imagine a lot of that support wouldn't happen again if those fans read this board.

You'd take a move back to Sixfields too?

The world has gone mad. :eek:

Otis

Are you for real, a move back to six fields, get off your high horse. I am convinced our owners caught wind of this deal some time ago hence the quick sharp return to the Ricoh, they new that if they stayed in Northampton they would be out in the cold. There only hope of getting anything out of this was to return and try to salvage the option on the higgs share, ask yourself this, why would acl agree to let the club come back to the stadium knowing that when this deal came out it would look like the council were selling the club down the river. It would have looked much better for them to have told sisu to do one and announce this deal in there absence, all those rumours about us coming back before the season started begin to make more sense in light of recent events. As for the proud history of cov rugby club, yes they were one of the top clubs in the 60s and 70s but they got left behind living on past glories and not enough of us were proud enough to go and support them back to the top. I do not support sports franchising, if I did I'd support one of the big premiership clubs.

I am convinced our owners caught wind of this deal some time ago hence the quick sharp return to the Ricoh, they knew that if they stayed in Northampton they would be out in the cold.

Interesting theory.;)

martcov

Yeah well, maybe you're right. Point is that these Wasps Chaps seem even shadier than our bunch of hapless goons. Putting my money in their pocket does not appeal after the 82 miles of scorched earth they have just ignited under a formerly proud Sporting club and its hardy supporters (who many of us that have sermonised about supporter solidarity now seem not to care about). Do not imagine for a moment that if our tenancy does not suit the Wasp's owners agenda then we will find ourselves in anything other than deeper in the mire than we have ever been. They are certain to turn a buck over and expect The Ricoh to be sold for an eye watering profit in a couple of years, to God knows who. Time to back the New Build so that CCFC and its Revenue streams are indivisible regardless of who owns the club in the long term. No other course to financial stability is tenable.

except, that if the new stadium happens, another SISU firm rents it to CCFC. We will never be in a position to get crowds over 15000, 12000 or 18000 ( depending on which day's bullshit you are reading ). Meanwhile, back at the Ricoh, wasps will get good gates for European games ( assuming they make Europe ) and maybe, just maybe, the consortium can run the stadium complex better than the council and a charity, and manage to pull in some good events. A lot of fans won't go outside of Cov and potential sponsors will easily see the limit of our ambition. I see the proposed move out of the Ricoh as being even worse than staying. So long we are in Cov, we have a chance that things get better.

Otis

I see the proposed move out of the Ricoh as being even worse than staying.

Totally agree.

TheOldFive

I like the conspiracy theory but don't really buy it. As you identify, it reads even worse on CCC if they had sold whilst the club was in exile. Quite a deft move to bring them back and get a feel good factor going before the announcement one might say. Who knows? That's the problem with theories I guess.

I think others might say you've been a bit hard on hardworking people at Cov Rugby there, I can see what you mean though. Survival of the fittest isn't it?

Do you have any thoughts or words for Wasps Supporters?

As for my high horse, well, there's been quite a bit of judging going on from fan to fan about beliefs and behaviours over time hasn't there? It's rare for me to chip in, I usually don't get involved. It's just that I'm reading and hearing some pretty putrid hypocrisy at the moment which is bringing the support of this City into disrepute - a laughing stock quite frankly. Didn't coventry people win 'supporters of the year' last Season for being against the exile to Sixfields? It's the Judas Award for our attitudes this year I think, especially if we cheer on the the Wasp's arrival and fill *their* new stadium to watch Rugby. That's what I was getting pompous about that's right. If you don't support franchise sport then fair play to you. It's not that I'm against myself, it's sanctimonious hypocrisy.

TheOldFive

except, that if the new stadium happens, another SISU firm rents it to CCFC. We will never be in a position to get crowds over 15000, 12000 or 18000 ( depending on which day's bullshit you are reading ). Meanwhile, back at the Ricoh, wasps will get good gates for European games ( assuming they make Europe ) and maybe, just maybe, the consortium can run the stadium complex better than the council and a charity, and manage to pull in some good events. A lot of fans won't go outside of Cov and potential sponsors will easily see the limit of our ambition. I see the proposed move out of the Ricoh as being even worse than staying. So long we are in Cov, we have a chance that things get better.

I can honestly say that reading your reply there has influenced my thinking and I now consider that you could be right. It's a coin toss, but yes, maybe we should sit tight.

TheOldFive

Where's the hypocrisy? Not sure if you even understand the concept.

I think that if you genuinely can't see it then a) You might be right, there isn't any apparent in any of this debacle and I'm an idiot or b) It does exist but you cannot see it, for whatever reason. There's no need to debate or decide on either answer really, perhaps we shall let it remain as one of life's mysteries.

The Lurker

Wow you seriously want Cov to move to sixfields again? Lol what a fool you really are! Genuine support at sixfields. Your letting yourself down here SB

Sick Boy

Wow you seriously want Cov to move to sixfields again? Lol what a fool you really are! Genuine support at sixfields. Your letting yourself down here SB

Of course not...the move to Sixfields was wrong and should never have happened. I blame both Sisu and ccc for what happened though.

I don't understand how or why anyone can defend the council in any of this. The same goes for sisu as well, both have shafted the fans.

At the moment I am beginning to think we'd be better of closing the wretched club down and starting again.

Grendel

If say the definition of hypocrisy is someone who never goes to CCFC games, posts on the fan forum and calls all season ticket holders worms.

Johnnythespider

I like the conspiracy theory but don't really buy it. As you identify, it reads even worse on CCC if they had sold whilst the club was in exile. Quite a deft move to bring them back and get a feel good factor going before the announcement one might say. Who knows? That's the problem with theories I guess.

I think others might say you've been a bit hard on hardworking people at Cov Rugby there, I can see what you mean though. Survival of the fittest isn't it?

Do you have any thoughts or words for Wasps Supporters?

As for my high horse, well, there's been quite a bit of judging going on from fan to fan about beliefs and behaviours over time hasn't there? It's rare for me to chip in, I usually don't get involved. It's just that I'm reading and hearing some pretty putrid hypocrisy at the moment which is bringing the support of this City into disrepute - a laughing stock quite frankly. Didn't coventry people win 'supporters of the year' last Season for being against the exile to Sixfields? It's the Judas Award for our attitudes this year I think, especially if we cheer on the the Wasp's arrival and fill *their* new stadium to watch Rugby. That's what I was getting pompous about that's right. If you don't support franchise sport then fair play to you. It's not that I'm against myself, it's sanctimonious hypocrisy.

I do have some words for the wasps supporters, if they want to fight for their rugby club and they require help at this end i would be willing to help, although I fear it would be too little too late. As for my theory about the club having prior knowledge of this deal, why if they did know didn't they leak it and try to rouse support against it, could it be because they were in Northampton and would have looked very hypocritical. As for your high horse, I was perhaps being a bit harsh and never meant any offence.

Users who are viewing this thread