Aaron Martin (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He is coming back from injury now, will he go straight in alongside one of the loan lads and drop one to the bench?

Hard decision after seeing them play on Saturday.

Nick

Administrator
he will be a sub i imagine. no point breaking cargil and stephens up after a clean sheet.

I don't think he will be ready for Fleetwood will he? Might be worth sticking him on the bench, which means Ramage then drops off the bench.

covcity4life

we have lots of defensive options now,especially at CB

also leon clarke might be one of the tougher tests we face even if he didnt score and we thrashed his team. dont wanna tempt fate but maybe this back 4 can perform v well for rest of season now.

Otis

Definitely now be wrong to drop Cargill and Stephens. It needs to be the bench for him and he'll have to bide his time.

You can't drop either of the two loanees at the moment after the performances they have put in.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Martin was excellent first half of the season, but injuries change things unfortunately. Agree with Otis, he'll have to wait for an injury or loss of form to Cargill/Stephens - some continuity at the back would be welcome right now.

olderskyblue

Don't want to be negative but they did give Leon 3 absolutely clear cut chances that he should have scored from. Against a poor Bury team, that should be a concern.

covcity4life

Don't want to be negative but they did give Leon 3 absolutely clear cut chances that he should have scored from. Against a poor Bury team, that should be a concern.

very true and thats why i would like to see more of them to see if it was just teething problems and if they are real deal or not

tbf bury should have had 2 pens too,so they need to work on not being naive too

rupert_bear

I think Mowbray has considered a back 3 plus wing backs or playing Stephens in front of a back 4 We now have so many options now. Still concerned about forwards though, just think there is too much reliance on Adam Atmstrong, one carrying on scoring, two staying fit and of course not being recalled.

rupert_bear

I thought that, he missed 2 absolute sitters but then at 3-0 down after 16 minutes the game is a lot different and we had a new defensive partnership, certain it will improve.

lifeskyblue

Yes Clarke did have chances but we kept clean sheet. I thought they did well for first game but can't really judge on that. I think Martin won't be used until fully fit and then as a sub if needed unless either or both don't make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

He is coming back from injury now, will he go straight in alongside one of the loan lads and drop one to the bench?

Hard decision after seeing them play on Saturday.

Harsh on Martin, but he is one game too late - for once please TM same 11 starting the next game! Bench for me.

jimmyhillsfanclub

very true and thats why i would like to see more of them to see if it was just teething problems and if they are real deal or not

tbf bury should have had 2 pens too,so they need to work on not being naive too

According to the BBC stats, Bury had 14 shots (4 on target).......so certainly room for improvement

robbiethemole

What happened to "get a settled back four" and obviously you don't usually change a winning team. we looked composed and the side played with fluency starting with the solid ( apart from 2 chances) back four and a mobile midfield run by JC. I like Martin but would have him on the bench in place of Damage.

covcity4life

same 11 will play fleetwood i think

and smsh them 4-0

if we can take confidence and form into game vs shrews and barnsley then who knows what we can achieve

stupot07

Depends how fit he is. If he's fully fit, he should come into the starting line up sooner rather than later - has been brilliant this season. If it was reda coming back from injury we wouldn't be having this debate. That said, it's probably worth having another run in the u21's first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Depends how fit he is. If he's fully fit, he should come into the starting line up sooner rather than later - has been brilliant this season. If it was reda coming back from injury we wouldn't be having this debate. That said, it's probably worth having another run in the u21's first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

how do you mean we wouldnt be having this discussion if it was reda coming back?

Grendel

Martin is left sided isn't he? Cargill definitely is so I'm not sure if those two could pair up.

Brylowes

Make him read the 'I hope ' thread from start to finish if he can get through
that un-scathed ,put him straight in.;)

stupot07

If he's fit he should now come back into the starting eleven ahead of Cargill.

Otis

There is an U21 game tomorrow. Would expect him to play 45 mins or so of that, to get him up to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread