A few questions for PWKH (1 Viewer)

wingy

I actually think the exit fee story is true but needs further clarification. PWKH did post in this thread earlier, if my comment was inaccurate he could have dismissed it there and then.
You could also reveal where your Info comes from.

Last edited:

Ian1779

From the internet. I have also seen it posted on Twitter. It is also factually correct that Isle of Capri left the Arena Complex. Most people could put all facts together to arrive at that question.

If you are looking for some mystery source to instantly deride then you will be disappointed.

sky blue john

From the internet. I have also seen it posted on Twitter. It is also factually correct that Isle of Capri left the Arena Complex. Most people could put all facts together to arrive at that question.

If you are looking for some mystery source to instantly deride then you will be disappointed.

Inspector Holmes is it not a piece of sloppy deduction from your part, regarding the Ricoh naming rights renewal ?

duffer

I actually think the exit fee story is true but needs further clarification. PWKH did post in this thread earlier, if my comment was inaccurate he could have dismissed it there and then.

I think it's always a risky assumption that if something isn't denied then of necessity that makes it true. This is a favourite argument of Torch's, and I think he's generally right on this (wrong on everything else though, except Lloyd McGrath). ;)

To be honest, I think the point you're trying to make is that ACL isn't making money without the club. I suspect you'd then like to extend the argument to, 'so why should the council subsidise it'. (Forgive me if I've misread this, by the way).

I think the problem here is that there won't be any evidence on ACL's profitability one way or the other for at least a year or two. Clearly the council aren't chucking money at it on a weekly basis, and if the loan is paid at the current rate then there's even a little profit in it for the taxpayer.

If your point is that CCFC should come back to the Ricoh, then I'd agree with that wholeheartedly. I think though that the owners will have to negotiate (in good faith) to repurchase what was sold by them previously, if that really is key to the future success of the club.

I personally don't think we need to wait for either ACL's 2014/15 accounts or the JR for that to happen, but SISU would seem to differ...

sky blue john

I think it's always a risky assumption that if something isn't denied then of necessity that makes it true. This is a favourite argument of Torch's, and I think he's generally right on this (wrong on everything else though, except Lloyd McGrath). ;)

To be honest, I think the point you're trying to make is that ACL isn't making money without the club. I suspect you'd then like to extend the argument to, 'so why should the council subsidise it'. (Forgive me if I've misread this, by the way).

I think the problem here is that there won't be any evidence on ACL's profitability one way or the other for at least a year or two. Clearly the council aren't chucking money at it on a weekly basis, and if the loan is paid at the current rate then there's even a little profit in it for the taxpayer.

If your point is that CCFC should come back to the Ricoh, then I'd agree with that wholeheartedly. I think though that the owners will have to negotiate (in good faith) to repurchase what was sold by them previously, if that really is key to the future success of the club.

I personally don't think we need to wait for either ACL's 2014/15 accounts or the JR for that to happen, but SISU would seem to differ...

Duffer
The in good faith part was a nice touch.

fernandopartridge

doesnt matter where we want to be. We all wanted to be at the Ricoh this year.

All that matters is that SISU / the club have said they are building a new stadium in the Coventry area. Any talk of ACL or the council is a waste of time now.

Likewise any talk of whether SISU's move to Northampton has any validity on the basis that there is a ground for them in Coventry

wingy

No ,no wish to deride you at all ,you've raised a valid question I had'nt considered before ,genuinely wondered If you'd seen something .

dongonzalos

You don't see the link between CCFC accounts and those of ACL?

The whole crux of the dispute is centered around revenue streams that currently ACL access, and CCFC cannot. And you can't see the link??

In two years of you been here I seem to struggle with knowing your opinion on SISU, Coventry City Council and most importantly Coventry City Football club.

As in you have never posted about anything else?

Where did you read about the isle of Capri exit payments?

James Smith

And yet we are constantly reminded on here that the new stadium is pie-in-the-sky fantasy. So, the Ricoh and ACL are very much part of our future. Particularly as I presume that's where we all want to be.

I do hope that the stadium isn't pie-in-the-sky because that's looking like our only way back into Coventry (or the surrounding area.

Ian1779

Inspector Holmes is it not a piece of sloppy deduction from your part, regarding the Ricoh naming rights renewal ?

It was originally up for renewal in 2015, but I can see it was extended. If you look at the article the extension was hardly in flashing lights.

Ian1779

The way I see it is ACL have a purpose built arena for football. SISU need one. Neither business is going to be successful without the other part of the jigsaw. All I want is our club back at Ricoh. But it also has to be in terms of CCFC actually being able to be self sufficient.

Astute

Oh dear.

sisu are under the impression that acl and council wont deal with them.

SISU says so, but know that they can negotiate at any time.

i mean they were told that outright. only deal with adminsitrator.

Appleton was the administrator. He should have been running our club at that time. So any offer should have been made to him by law. But as we all know he couldn't find the golden share or even notice that all contracts had been moved like SISU said they had.

so no deal could be done then.

See above.

and since admin ended it dont look like a new deal has been offered.

Do you mean admin or liquidation? And it is a yes to admin but not liquidation as the liquidation is still ongoing.

Astute

The way I see it is ACL have a purpose built arena for football. SISU need one. Neither business is going to be successful without the other part of the jigsaw. All I want is our club back at Ricoh. But it also has to be in terms of CCFC actually being able to be self sufficient.

ACL seems to be doing OK without our football club. But the ground was built for our football club. And ACL will do better once our club is back. It is our football club that needs the Ricoh.

Astute

It was originally up for renewal in 2015, but I can see it was extended. If you look at the article the extension was hardly in flashing lights.

Hardly anything is in flashing lights. We have to make out nearly everything for ourselves. And this is why we come to so many different conclusions.

wingy

That's what we were going to get ,It fell down for £4M. over ten yrs we're led to believe.

lordsummerisle

Didn't Compass pay £4million for their share of the catering rights in IEC?

Didn't notice that payment in the accounts for ACL, though maybe IEC is a seperate company and has it's own accounts maybe?

Astute

Didn't notice that payment in the accounts for ACL, though maybe IEC is a seperate company and has it's own accounts maybe?

IIRC it went towards the build costs. Can't remember how much it was though.

skybluetony176

put some links up then, let the dogs see the bones.

wingy

Yeah was purported to facilitate Improvements such as Hotel ,and probably those stupid Blingy Stairs.

lordsummerisle

Yeah was purported to facilitate Improvements such as Hotel ,and probably those stupid Blingy Stairs.

Yeah just seen that, about £2million spent on fixtures and fittings.

Would the £4million have been included in the overall turnover figure for 2012?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Yeah just seen that, about £2million spent on fixtures and fittings.

Would the £4million have been included in the overall turnover figure for 2012?

I'd have thought that best practice would be to spread the revenue recognition over the number of years that the premium related to.

Having said that, accountancy is sometimes more of an art than a science :D

fernandopartridge

Haven't they set up a joint venture? I assume their issued shares were priced at £4m (seems steep as I think they're the minority shareholder!)

sky blue john

Seen as though a few go on about the greedy Acl council regarding the Ricoh.
Don't the accounts show though that profits made have been used to pay off the loan and improvements to facilities ?

duffer

I think it's fair enough to offer that as an opinion, as long as it's clear that it is an opinion. There's not enough evidence to suggest that ACL can or can't succeed without CCFC at the moment to my mind.

As for CCFC being self-sufficient, no issue with that either, as long as there's an acceptance that they shouldn't expect to get there at the expense of all of the other parties. (And also disregarding the fact that CCFC hasn't turned a profit for a very long time either, certainly long before any issue with renting the Ricoh arose.).

Users who are viewing this thread