4th Round vs Birmingham - "thank you" banner (1 Viewer)

TewkesburySkyBlue

All this “cringe” stuff: I honestly find grown men worried about how cool they look saying thank you for helping us out more cringe worthy.
Nothing to do with looking cool I’m 72 for God sake hardly cool. I detest the enmity against other clubs we see on this site . Common courtesy wouldn’t go amiss although hard to expect that from the knuckle draggers . No wonder we are not allowed to mix fans and have a pint in the ground shame on you .

itsabuzzard

Nothing to do with looking cool I’m 72 for God sake hardly cool. I detest the enmity against other clubs we see on this site . Common courtesy wouldn’t go amiss although hard to expect that from the knuckle draggers . No wonder we are not allowed to mix fans and have a pint in the ground shame on you .
I think shmmeee's agreeing with you.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Home and Away!

Fair play TSB. If only people could see past this stuff..!
Long time "lurker"....This game should be the exception...exceptional circumstances...!

pipkin73

he told you in person?
Sure I remember reading that Brum, Burton and West Brom were the only clubs to reply favourably and West Brom wanted a fortune. Could be wrong, as so much has been said and posted since then, both true and false so it makes it hard to remember who said/posted what. Would love to read the article again and see just how feasible so of these offers where.

Grendel

Sure I remember reading that Brum, Burton and West Brom were the only clubs to reply favourably and West Brom wanted a fortune. Could be wrong, as so much has been said and posted since then, both true and false so it makes it hard to remember who said/posted what. Would love to read the article again and see just how feasible so of these offers where.

LAST said Villa Park?

letsallsingtogether

he told you in person?
No not in person we dont see eye to eye.
It was what was told us at the supporters club in Cov by those that had been to a meeting with him.

Said that they had been offered Vile Park at a cheaper rate but due to the rivalry and size I would have thought they chose Brum.
Believe what you wish just passing on what I was told.
Ether way doesn't matter to me, going to Brum reluctantly and would probably have done the same at vile park.

shmmeee

Shame on me for thinking it’s OK to have a friendly football family rather than trying to act hard because we’re supposed to be enemies? And that’s why we can’t mix fans?

You thought this through?

clint van damme

Defo prefer SA. If we HAD to play at Villa better than doing a Bury, but glad the club seen sence.

I work in Aston, it's not got a lot going for it to be honest.
St.Andrews is much easier to get to on public transport and the general area has more going for it.

clint van damme

The Telegraph have actually made an article out of this thread.

just went on ICCoventry to have a look and found out in an article about a homophobic councillor that Vic Minnett is a gay woman. Honestly thought she was a bloke.
Every days a school day.

Londonccfcfan

Posted this in a previous thread but now it's confirmed:

Would be a nice touch to have some kind of a "Thank you" banner or message that could be displayed.

Not only would this help to nullify any ill feelings that could potentially arise from the seating situations, but because I for one am genuinely thankful we are able to play there rather than be homeless and kicked out of the league. Further, I have only ever been treated nicely by stewards and bar staff who seem genuinely sympathetic to our plight, as well as the surrounding pubs and bars. Touch of class too.

Happy to chip in if anyone local can arrange this and agrees (the trust?).

What do you think it should say? Just "Thank you BCFC"?

I have never taken a banner or anything before but I imagine you contact the club to have it displayed? As mentioned above I am happy to chip in if someone can take the lead - not in the UK so won't be able to make the tie but would like to contribute in some way.

Thanks

Nice gesture.

But I think they pretty much know most fans are very gratefull for the let and hospitality. Not sure we need a banner.

Sbarcher

I think a united rendition of SOTV should be sufficient.

TTG

Irish Sky Blue

I think you have misunderstood what he has said.

AStonesThrow

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet cos haven’t read through, but CT reporting that some bloke who was in Coronation street and is a Cov fan is requesting that JD (or whoever is on the tannoy pre-kick off if not him) puts out an announcement from CCFC and fans to the Brum fans and club thanking them for the use of the ground.

All are nice gestures, but can’t help but feel it’s all a bit overboard. This is still a competitive match at an important stage of a prestigious tournament, and its not like they allowed us there for free; we pay them rent.

I’m sure Brum fans already know how grateful we are as they potentially saved our existance, do we need to wank them off to accentuate that gratitude? Would we do this for Wasps if they let us come back to the Ricoh?

For me, a positive, good natured feel to the game, no trouble, and a Sky Blue win would do.

Please don’t take this as me criticising those who want the banner and/or the announcement, it is a decent gesture. Just not for me, this is still a football match.

clint van damme

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet cos haven’t read through, but CT reporting that some bloke who was in Coronation street and is a Cov fan is requesting that JD (or whoever is on the tannoy pre-kick off if not him) puts out an announcement from CCFC and fans to the Brum fans and club thanking them for the use of the ground.

All are nice gestures, but can’t help but feel it’s all a bit overboard. This is still a competitive match at an important stage of a prestigious tournament, and its not like they allowed us there for free; we pay them rent.

I’m sure Brum fans already know how grateful we are as they potentially saved our existance, do we need to wank them off to accentuate that gratitude? Would we do this for Wasps if they let us come back to the Ricoh?

For me, a positive, good natured feel to the game, no trouble, and a Sky Blue win would do.

Please don’t take this as me criticising those who want the banner and/or the announcement, it is a decent gesture. Just not for me, this is still a football match.

I actually think that's a better idea than most suggested.
Show gratitude before the game then let hostilities commence for 90 minutes.

AStonesThrow

I actually think that's a better idea than most suggested.
Show gratitude before the game then let hostilities commence for 90 minutes.
Yeah that’s a valid point, a quick thanks, now let’s play football. My grievance is more with the flags/banners, all seems a bit dramatic. It’s gotta be one or the other though, put both of these together and we may as well Lay out a red carpet for the Birmingham team and put a buffet spread on the halfway line. If they’re going with the announcement (better of the two options), they surely can’t go with the flag(s) as well

Users who are viewing this thread