4th Round vs Birmingham - "thank you" banner (2 Viewers)

itsabuzzard

Yeah that’s a valid point, a quick thanks, now let’s play football. My grievance is more with the flags/banners, all seems a bit dramatic. It’s gotta be one or the other though, put both of these together and we may as well Lay out a red carpet for the Birmingham team and put a buffet spread on the halfway line. If they’re going with the announcement (better of the two options), they surely can’t go with the flag(s) as well
God forbid that the atmosphere might be a bit more congenial. I'm all for a banner, tannoy announcement, red carpet, half-time buffet (as long as everyone's allowed on the pitch for the bun fight), as long as the boys in Sky Blue give their all once they cross the white line and the whistle goes.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Doesn’t the announcer normally welcome the away fans anyway? Just add it in there, quick round of applause and then get on with the match.

Don’t think it needs more than that, wouldn’t object to some joint SOTV chants!

AStonesThrow

God forbid that the atmosphere might be a bit more congenial. I'm all for a banner, tannoy announcement, red carpet, half-time buffet (as long as everyone's allowed on the pitch for the bun fight), as long as the boys in Sky Blue give their all once they cross the white line and the whistle goes.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

As I’ve said in my previous posts, I’m all for a positive atmosphere. Just don’t see the need to go mad with it all. After all, we pay them rent to be there

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I actually think that's a better idea than most suggested.
Show gratitude before the game then let hostilities commence for 90 minutes.

I agree. Pre-match message which we can give a quick round of applause with, then back to the game and 'bantz'. I think there'll be a lot of good natured back and forth during the game and I just hope the Stone Island troglodytes don't create any aggro.

The coventrian

Greame's idea of an announcement is better than all this flags and banners cheesy bollocks. He's a good bloke. Used to sit behind me in the telegraph stand for years with his dad pre sixfields days.

The coventrian

I agree. Pre-match message which we can give a quick round of applause with, then back to the game and 'bantz'. I think there'll be a lot of good natured back and forth during the game and I just hope the Stone Island troglodytes don't create any aggro.
Well I imagine if blues were to go a couple of goals down and lose you'll see another side to there fans.

Stan_Drews

In Bull Ring Tavern and someone text me this.

Wind up surely

:banghead:

Attachments

• 7F2C697A-FDB3-4B39-858F-7D9854CB81C6.jpeg
    7F2C697A-FDB3-4B39-858F-7D9854CB81C6.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 79

chiefdave

Stuart said 800k I think that’s steep though and no idea if it’s fact
Depends what it includes. £800K including match days costs, hospitality, car park etc isn’t too bad. £800K and then pay for everything else on top is very different.

Always the problem when talking about stadium rents, it’s hardly ever comparing like with like.

Grendel

Depends what it includes. £800K including match days costs, hospitality, car park etc isn’t too bad. £800K and then pay for everything else on top is very different.

Always the problem when talking about stadium rents, it’s hardly ever comparing like with like.

We also get 100% of the F and B I think vs 10% at the Ricoh

Reactions: TTG

TTG

What's the deal with this then?

letsallsingtogether

We also get 100% of the F and B I think vs 10% at the Ricoh

People keep going on about it but how much do they make?
Is it actually a lot off 6000 fans with maybe 15-20% buying anything.

Not arguing it's a good thing but surely cant be a lot.
I buy a coffee every game for £2.50

clint van damme

People keep going on about it but how much do they make?
Is it actually a lot off 6000 fans with maybe 15-20% buying anything.

Not arguing it's a good thing but surely cant be a lot.
I buy a coffee every game for £2.50

I buy a pint before the game and a pint at half time but they probably make more from your cup of coffee.

SkyBlueMatt

Not for me, I can't imagine that if Birmingham fans were asked, they would have agreed to it. We are paying to play there and a decent amount, they aren't doing it out the goodness of their hearts.

That being said I'm all for an announcement and maybe a round of applause. Hopefully there is a jovial side to the whole day.

Users who are viewing this thread