4th Round Draw - Who d'ya fancy? (should we make it) (2 Viewers)

richnrg

Just to clear things up:

City will be at home to City in the 4th round *.

City are the home team, and as such their fans will be in the home end, although City currently don’t have a home, and so the match will be played away, at City’s home ground.
City, being the away team (and who currently play in the division above City) will be given approximately 4 ½ thousand tickets (in the away end), which will be unusual for them, as they will in fact be playing at home.
If the match ends in a draw then things will be a lot simpler with City being at home (with fans in the home end), and City fans allocated the away end, as is usual for the away team.
*This is of course dependent on City beating Rovers in the third-round replay. City will be the home team (having been away in the first match), but will play the game away from home, as they are currently ground-sharing with City.

Meanwhile, Rovers big rivals, City will have a home tie with Liverpool, providing that they can beat Town in their replay.

Adge

Yes I will be going I think. I didn’t answer it because it didn’t have any relevance at all as I didn’t offer my opinion nor change it after an hour.

So what happened in the one hour last night which changed your opinion from I will attend if it’s an away game to I won’t be attending the replay which would be an away game?
Nice way to cover all bases just in case-enjoy the game if you decide to go.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just to clear things up:

City are the home team, and as such their fans will be in the home end, although City currently don’t have a home, and so the match will be played away, at City’s home ground.
City, being the away team (and who currently play in the division above City) will be given approximately 4 ½ thousand tickets (in the away end), which will be unusual for them, as they will in fact be playing at home.
If the match ends in a draw then things will be a lot simpler with City being at home (with fans in the home end), and City fans allocated the away end, as is usual for the away team.
*This is of course dependent on City beating Rovers in the third-round replay. City will be the home team (having been away in the first match), but will play the game away from home, as they are currently ground-sharing with City.

Meanwhile, Rovers big rivals, City will have a home tie with Liverpool, providing that they can beat Town in their replay.
That’s easy to understand then Rich:woot:

CovInEssex

Just to clear things up:

Gotcha gotcha..............

OffenhamSkyBlue

Just to clear things up:

Love it!

Jukeblue

Blues fan here. Quite looking forward to the potential novelty of sitting in the away stands for this. I hope when the clubs meet to discuss arrangements they don't spoil things by putting Cov fans in the Gil Merrick. A good compromise if it comes to pass would be to announce 10'000 tickets for each club. Cov in the Kop and Tilton Corner and Blues in the Gil Merrick and old Main Stand. Probably won't sell out but you never know the uniqueness might pique folks interest. If more sold then extend the section as necessary. Both clubs need the dosh

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Blues fan here. Quite looking forward to the potential novelty of sitting in the away stands for this. I hope when the clubs meet to discuss arrangements they don't spoil things by putting Cov fans in the Gil Merrick. A good compromise if it comes to pass would be to announce 10'000 tickets for each club. Cov in the Kop and Tilton Corner and Blues in the Gil Merrick and old Main Stand. Probably won't sell out but you never know the uniqueness might pique folks interest. If more sold then extend the section as necessary. Both clubs need the dosh
I think if we are allocated 10-12,000 tickets that's fair enough.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My first thought was half and half made sense. I think the uniqueness of it will interest both sets of fans and a wider audience.

It's going to be such a let-down if we lose the replay!

no_loyalty

If we beat Bristol Rovers in the replay, hopefully no manufacturer of those dreadful half and half scarves for the Blues game.

mark82

Not 100% sure whether the rules allow it. The FA Cup rules say that away teams are entitled to claim "up to 15%" of the allocation.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Not 100% sure whether the rules allow it. The FA Cup rules say that away teams are entitled to claim "up to 15%" of the allocation.
I took that to mean the away team can insist on up to 15% of available tickets, if the home team wants to give them more then what’s the problem?

ccfcricoh

I took that to mean the away team can insist on up to 15% of available tickets, if the home team wants to give them more then what’s the problem?
That's how i read it too. I'm sure we've taken more than 15% to some away cup games but could be wrong.

Lets just beat Brizzle

mmttww

If we get through the replay, given the lack of any massive games elsewhere in the draw I'd expect a lot of media interest in the game. Has there been any talk of a strategy from the Trust (!) or any other group to take advantage of that? Massive opportunity with some Blues fans likely to support it. Something co-ordinated with them in and / or out of the ground. A simple message calling out Wasps, CCC and SISU to sort it the f*ck out.

Gazolba

Blues fans should come to Coventry and support us in the replay.
They don't want to travel to Bristol do they?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We could have a bit of a protest just by singing "We're supposed to be at home"

Liquid Gold

I forgot how big he was. Thought he looked dangerous first half. But yeah, soft bloody pen that.
Rovers fans were saying how typical it was of him to have a good game in front of us and then do fuck all second half in front of them. I think they're done with him.

Terry_dactyl

Rovers fans were saying how typical it was of him to have a good game in front of us and then do fuck all second half in front of them. I think they're done with him.
Yeah, I sensed in the bits I read prior to the game that they were starting to lose their patience with him.
He’s certainly got the attributes to be decent. Do you remember that goal and performance against Brighton? Really looked decent. And that game against Sunderland, battered them.

clint van damme

I don’t care who gets the home end, who gets the home changing room or who gets what stand etc etc. I’m just looking forward to 89 solid minutes of “Shit on the villa” and the other minute to celebrate our goal

I'm dreading a cringeworty anti villa love in with blues.
Totally embarrassing. Sorry to be an old killjoy.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I'm dreading a cringeworty anti villa love in with blues.
Totally embarrassing. Sorry to be an old killjoy.
I have to say the only times I’ve been to St Andrews (as an away fan ;)) I haven’t witnessed much of this love-in mutual hatred of the Villa or any other emotion apart from hatred tbf.

Quite a lot of “we hate the villa more than you” and that was it (apart from the abuse). And it was the ground I first heard the “time to go....fuck off” chant.

Friendly bunch in the pub though.

clint van damme

I have to say the only times I’ve been to St Andrews (as an away fan ;)) I haven’t witnessed much of this love-in mutual hatred of the Villa or any other emotion apart from hatred tbf.

Quite a lot of “we hate the villa more than you” and that was it (apart from the abuse). And it was the ground I first heard the “time to go....fuck off” chant.

Friendly bunch in the pub though.

Fair point.

Skyblueweeman

'If' we beat Brizzle Rovers, I think the FA would allow the two teams to come to an agreement over the ticket allocations, given the uniqueness of the situation.

Regardless, I doubt we'll have anywhere near what they'll have.

Users who are viewing this thread