4th Round Draw - Who d'ya fancy? (should we make it) (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

1 LEICESTER CITY

2 QUEENS PARK RANGERS

3 FULHAM

4 CHELSEA

5 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS OR MANCHESTER UNITED

6 WEST BROMWICH ALBION

7 ROCHDALE OR NEWCASTLE UNITED

8 CARDIFF CITY OR CARLISLE UNITED

9 OXFORD UNITED

10 SHEFFIELD UNITED

11 SOUTHAMPTON

12 LIVERPOOL

13 BRISTOL CITY OR SHREWSBURY TOWN

14 AFC BOURNEMOUTH

15 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

16 BRISTOL ROVERS OR COVENTRY CITY

17 BARNSLEY

18 MANCHESTER CITY

19 MIDDLESBROUGH OR TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

20 READING OR BLACKPOOL

21 WATFORD OR TRANMERE ROVERS

22 NORWICH CITY

23 MILLWALL

24 DERBY COUNTY

25 ROTHERHAM UNITED OR HULL CITY

26 BRENTFORD

27 PORTSMOUTH

28 ARSENAL OR LEEDS UNITED

29 WEST HAM UNITED

30 NORTHAMPTON TOWN

31 BURNLEY

32 BIRMINGHAM CITY

I've never been to Fulham so wouldn't mind them.

Birmingham?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Spurs or West Ham away for me personally. Would also like Brentford as I've not done Griffin Park and would like to go before it gets demolished.

mrtrench

Has to be Man U away - we're not going to win this cup, so best to get the most cash out of the experience to support the promotion drive (or hopefully to prepare for the Championship in the summer).

With a capacity of 74k, a game at Old Trafford could make the club over £1m in just one game (although in practice the game may not get a capacity crowd we could still expect over 50k there). The revenue from both ties with the Gas will bring in less than £200k combined.

If not, then away to Pompey, Saints or Bournemouth from a selfish perspective re location.

mrtrench

It would be interesting to see how this team would get on against a middle ranking Championship team just to see how far off of the pace (or not) we are. Away at Birmingham should generate a reasonable gate hopefully to make a bit of money.

Home against Birmingham less likely to generate a good gate you reckon?

CovInEssex

Probably been asked but what's the crack if we draw Birmingham at home?

They get the away stand?

Magwitch

Any mid championship team, Derby, Stoke, Brentford and see how much the league one/championship gulf might be. Failing that Northampton. Definitely don’t want Liverpool’s reserves.

Last edited:

Briles

Liverpool away would be decent

Bugsy

Villa awa....... Oh hang on Man whoshited away...PUSB

Reactions: TTG

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Liverpool away would prob be more beneficial, financially than United. They sell out every game (regardless of opposition) so them, with an 8k allocation and guaranteed TV.
I think ST holders at United are forced into buying their home FA Cup ties, as in they just deduct the ticket cost from their bank, so Old Trafford would still gain the financial reward even if it is half empty.

SlowerThanPlatt

What’s the logic behind wanting a mid table Championship team to see how we’d do? Most likely they’d beat us and if anyone’s noticed we’re not actually promoted yet.

We’d either want a big Premier League team away to generate funds or Northampton/Oxford/Pompey to have a chance of progression

SlowerThanPlatt

Any mid championship team, Derby, Stoke, Brentford and see how much the league one/championship gulf might be. Failing that Northampton. Definitely don’t want Liverpool’s reserves.

All of them would most likely beat us and be played in front of about 7,000 fans. Why not play another team who is likely to beat us but in front of 50,000 fans?

Liquid Gold

Liverpool, one of the Manchester clubs, Spurs or West Ham away I reckon. If not them then a mid table championship side at home to see how good we are.

Irish Sky Blue

What’s the logic behind wanting a mid table Championship team to see how we’d do? Most likely they’d beat us and if anyone’s noticed we’re not actually promoted yet.

We’d either want a big Premier League team away to generate funds or Northampton/Oxford/Pompey to have a chance of progression
When we played MK in the cup during our promotion season, I felt that was a good indicator as to how much improvement would be needed if we went up. Although I think we deserved the win at MK, I think that was down to grit, determination and a desire to win.They were the better footballing side I thought.
If we draw a Championship team it would again be a good test of how far we have come and how much further we have to go. I don’t think that the result is a foregone conclusion. Just need to remember Barnsley away a few years ago to see what could happen.
Purely on finance then the usual PL teams away would be favoured. Having see how comfortable Watford were against us, it could be a long 90 minutes if we draw one.

Terry_dactyl

The logic for me is that I live in Cardiff - entirely selfish reasons!

Grendel

It’s an interesting question. Perhaps some Blues ST holders wouldn’t go if they couldn’t get their own seats.

Neil (I assume White) said it’s been confirmed we would be the away team regardless who was drawn out in that situation

Grendel

When we played MK in the cup during our promotion season, I felt that was a good indicator as to how much improvement would be needed if we went up. Although I think we deserved the win at MK, I think that was down to grit, determination and a desire to win.They were the better footballing side I thought.
If we draw a Championship team it would again be a good test of how far we have come and how much further we have to go. I don’t think that the result is a foregone conclusion. Just need to remember Barnsley away a few years ago to see what could happen.
Purely on finance then the usual PL teams away would be favoured. Having see how comfortable Watford were against us, it could be a long 90 minutes if we draw one.

A lot of these teams would play a second eleven anyway

Users who are viewing this thread