25 more points needed to stay up, can we do it? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I have never known anything like it. It seems 10 years in this division has finally sent people insane.

Perhaps that was the plan all along. Just install a manager that will guarantee a different league next season so sanity can be preserved. Well he will achieve that.

Mr T - Sukka!

Ok here is why i think 50 points is a safe target. The list is for the team finishing 3rd bottom!

2001/2002 - Crewe RELEGATED = 49 points.
2002/2003 - Sheffield Wednesday RELGATED = 46 points.
2003/2004 - Walsall RELEGATED = 51 points.
2004/2005 - Gillingham RELEGATED = 50 points.
2005/2006 - Crewe RELEGATED = 42 points.
2006/2007 - Southend RELEGATED = 42 points.
2007/2008 - Leicester RELEGATED = 52 points.
2008/2009 - Norwich RELEGATED = 46 points.
2009/2010 - Sheffield Wednesday RELEGATED = 47 points.
2010/2011 - Preston RELEGATED = 42 points.

So we can safely say 50 points is a good target but 3 seasons we would have still gone down with 50 points!

If we get to 42 points that would have relegated us 3 seasons!

Not opionions these are facts!

(For the thickos Anything less than 50 points at the end of the season would have relegated us the last 7 out of the last 10 seasons! )

Last edited:

ICHAN

Scary list of teams still down and not got back up, people really need to start thinking that if we go down don't be shocked if we flounder around mid to bottom of the league.
I really hope we can get straight back up but I thought that when we came down to the championship, now look, years of nothing and now we are staring at it again straight in the face

dongonzalos

Ok here is why i think 50 points is a safe target. The list is for the team finishing 3rd bottom!

2001/2002 - Crewe RELEGATED = 49 points.
2002/2003 - Sheffield Wednesday RELGATED = 46 points.
2003/2004 - Walsall RELEGATED = 51 points.
2004/2005 - Gillingham RELEGATED = 50 points.
2005/2006 - Crewe RELEGATED = 42 points.
2006/2007 - Southend RELEGATED = 42 points.
2007/2008 - Leicester RELEGATED = 52 points.
2008/2009 - Norwich RELEGATED = 46 points.
2009/2010 - Sheffield Wednesday RELEGATED = 47 points.
2010/2011 - Preston RELEGATED = 42 points.

So we can safely say 50 points is a good target but 3 seasons we would have still gone down with 50 points!

If we get to 42 points that would have relegated us 3 seasons!

Not opionions these are facts!

(For the thickos Anything less than 50 points at the end of the season would have relegated us the last 7 out of the last 10 seasons! )

Dont think anyone is thick, I think most people knew you were basing your figure on past seasons. However I think most people dont think Cov will get 50 points, they just hope whatever Cov do get will be enough. i.e. last season three teams got 48,48 and 49 points and stayed up. I personally think Cov will only get 42 points I hope against hope that it is the lowest total a team stay in in the championship by. I think this season is a bit unique as Portsmouth have dropped into the frey by divine intervention. I think Doncaster will also go so it is down to Forest, Bristol and Millwall to get more than 42 points or even Peterborough even they go on a horrendous run (unlikely) I think one of the other three will end up with 42 aswell and we will stay up on goal difference. Fingers crossed it is Bristol or Forest.

That is not think it is my eternal hope kicking in.

Grendel

Dont think anyone is thick, I think most people knew you were basing your figure on past seasons. However I think most people dont think Cov will get 50 points, they just hope whatever Cov do get will be enough. i.e. last season three teams got 48,48 and 49 points and stayed up. I personally think Cov will only get 42 points I hope against hope that it is the lowest total a team stay in in the championship by. I think this season is a bit unique as Portsmouth have dropped into the frey by divine intervention. I think Doncaster will also go so it is down to Forest, Bristol and Millwall to get more than 42 points or even Peterborough even they go on a horrendous run (unlikely) I think one of the other three will end up with 42 aswell and we will stay up on goal difference. Fingers crossed it is Bristol or Forest.

That is not think it is my eternal hope kicking in.

Most teams at the bottom marginally increase the points per game ratio as the season enters in final stages.

If the ration remains as is Millwall and Bristol will achieve 45 points each and will be safe. Forest will get 42 and be down as will Doncaster with 37. Us? Bottom with a pitiful 36.

46 is needed and under the current set up is an impossibility.

Portsmouth are an unknown factor but with a points deduction may be battling it out with Forest and are currently on for 42 points but one of these teams at least will improve the win ratio.

Sky Blue Sheepy

All those previous seasons have always had 1 or 2 teams cast adrift. Its v.different this season - shown by us going from bottom, to safe to 23rd now. A team will survive with much less than previous seasons and all but 1 of our home games are very winnable...

Grendel

All those previous seasons have always had 1 or 2 teams cast adrift. Its v.different this season - shown by us going from bottom, to safe to 23rd now. A team will survive with much less than previous seasons and all but 1 of our home games are very winnable...

Win all 6 is 41 points and nice try but no cigar.

Grendel

dongonzalos

Most teams at the bottom marginally increase the points per game ratio as the season enters in final stages.

If the ration remains as is Millwall and Bristol will achieve 45 points each and will be safe. Forest will get 42 and be down as will Doncaster with 37. Us? Bottom with a pitiful 36.

46 is needed and under the current set up is an impossibility.

Portsmouth are an unknown factor but with a points deduction may be battling it out with Forest and are currently on for 42 points but one of these teams at least will improve the win ratio.

So you think it is a complete impossibility that we will increase our ratio?

The only way I think it can happen is if Mcdonald now gets fit and stays fit, as Does Clingan and Cameron and Wood. We are also allowed to loan an attacking winger.

However the chances of not picking up anymore injuries is highly unlikely. I just hope if we do pick up an injury it is not to Platt, Nimely,Deegan, Murphy or Keogh everyone else If the others regain and maintain their fitness I think can now be replaced.

dongonzalos

The only way I think it can happen is if Mcdonald now gets fit and stays fit, as Does Clingan and Cameron and Wood. We are also allowed to loan an attacking winger.

However the chances of not picking up anymore injuries is highly unlikely. I just hope if we do pick up an injury it is not to Platt, Nimely,Deegan, Murphy or Keogh everyone else If the others regain and maintain their fitness I think can now be replaced.

The more I think about Eastwood and those wages everyweek that could be used on another striker the more it pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grendel

Very unlikely. Why would we? Ultimately we are always playing catch up due to a disastrous away record which looks irreversible if we stick with Thorn. Logically we will not win every home game as this would suggest play-off form. We have not had any run to speak of and even if we do so may others.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Win all 6 is 41 points and nice try but no cigar.
Why? Forest are out the bottom 3 with only 3 more points and harder run in. Smugly say Im wrong all you like, its still very do-able. Its more likely you're right but dont just disregard what I say like that

Mr T - Sukka!

Our away form is a disgrace! And is why we are where we are. I have a feeling it will prove our downfall. You cannot play like we are away and expect to stay up.

Hope to god i am wrong.

We are fast moving into the no turning back stage, we could be soon finding ourselves having to win every game to stay up. No joke.

Doncaster have 2 games in hand :mad: Forrest 1 game in hand on us :mad:

Makes Saturdays game a must win game, but they all are now.

This is tough but, them 3 points we lost on Saturday could sent us down.

Time for some positivity, Our home form could save us?

Grendel

Why? Forest are out the bottom 3 with only 3 more points and harder run in. Smugly say Im wrong all you like, its still very do-able. Its more likely you're right but dont just disregard what I say like that

I am not disregarding your opinion but the ultimate problem is we win no games away, no team survives in this league with no away wins (though no doubt Stupot will tell me otherwise).

dongonzalos

Very unlikely. Why would we? Ultimately we are always playing catch up due to a disastrous away record which looks irreversible if we stick with Thorn. Logically we will not win every home game as this would suggest play-off form. We have not had any run to speak of and even if we do so may others.

Ha Ha, this is where we will always differ as I would say if it were not for Thorn we would already be as good as gone

I doubt it. We are shite and have been all season, the only reason we deserve to saty up is because Coventry are my team. That sadly counts for nothing other than in my heart. We have been doomed for a long time...:mad:

Grendel

Ha Ha, this is where we will always differ as I would say if it were not for Thorn we would already be as good as gone

Without administration for Pompey we would already be gone. What's his masterplan hope some more clubs go bust? Great strategy. Perhaps for once he should do his job and work out why we have the worst away record in Britain and do something about it. If I did my job as "well" as he does his I would have been shown the door months ago.

dongonzalos

Without administration for Pompey we would already be gone. What's his masterplan hope some more clubs go bust? Great strategy. Perhaps for once he should do his job and work out why we have the worst away record in Britain and do something about it. If I did my job as "well" as he does his I would have been shown the door months ago.

I have a sneaky feeling you are the treasurer of the Greek parliment

oakey

2 important points,
1) 7 home games left, not 6 as a few are stating.
2) Past totals have nothing to do with this season, especially as Pompey's 10 point deduction comes into play AND they may be docked more or be wound up and then only 2 will drop.

The chances of safety being 50 points are less than 50:50 at this stage...it is likely to be mid 40s

BTW like to bet most of the "we're doomed" set are under 40. Those of an older vintage have seen us survive many worse situations than this. Too soon to give up yet.

Last edited:

Otis

Yes, I have seen us survive worst situations than this.

But not with a tiny squad, a load of kids and a novice manager and completley crappity crap away form.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The internet? I'll give you a clue - you're using it :)

Rob...... Just to let you know, I DON'T get everything off the internet! I made this latest sig myself (as I do with most of my stuff.).......

Users who are viewing this thread