25 more points needed to stay up, can we do it? (1 Viewer)

Mr T - Sukka!

Andy Thorn says he does not have a target this year, well he better have and that 25 points from the next 14 games. (Possibly 27, Leicester went down with 52 one year)

So to stay up on 50 points we need this:

BARNSLEY W
leicester L
CRYSTAL PALACE W
BIRMIGHAM W
watford D
cardiff L
PORTSMOUTH W
hull D
PETERBOROUGH W
bristol D
burnley D
MILLWALL W
DONCASTER W
southampton L

So to stay up on 52 points we need this:

BARNSLEY W
leicester D
CRYSTAL PALACE W
BIRMIGHAM W
watford D
cardiff D
PORTSMOUTH W
hull D
PETERBOROUGH W
bristol D
burnley D
MILLWALL W
DONCASTER W
southampton L

Who is confident of staying up?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well seeing as we've only won 6 out of 32 played so far, to win 7 from the remaining 14 is pretty much impossible, so no, I'm not confident.

Mr T - Sukka!

Dongonzalos, thats us relegated then thats only 17 points. 17/25 is a FAIL relegation!

Some CCFC fans have not got a clue how much trouble we are in.

Between now and the end of the season we have to win at least 7!

We have only won 6 all season like houchens head says.

Mr T - Sukka!

CCFC, if we get 43-45 points 9/10 of the past seasons we will be RELEGATED! Leauge 1.

Is the penny not dropping here?

Otis

It won't be 50 this year. Convinced of that. Think it will be around 45-46.

We need 20 points minimum. Went through the fixtures and I predicted 15 points for us (not a bad return at all), which will not be enough. Unless we pick up points on our travels we are doomed. Been saying that til I am blue in the face. Luckily we have a great chance this Saturday against Forest to break this hoodoo .....

What? We already played the game? You sure? ........ we played the game and didn't turn up you say? ........... we lost? :facepalm::facepalm:

Thing is now, if we win on Saturday we will probably still be in the bottom 3, with Leshtur away to come the following week and yet another all but certain defeat. Seems that we will still be entrenched in the bottom three in two games time. That will be another 2 games gone and the away fixtures are very, very tough to come.

We need 20 points. We will not get 20 points.

Last edited:

guicey15

I don't think we need 50 points to stay up, looking at how little points the bottom 4 have got at this stage of the season, we may only need as few as 43 points to survive, which is definitely achievable, win 6 out of the 7 at home and a couple of draws away.

Otis

Andy Thorn says he does not have a target this year, well he better have and that 25 points from the next 14 games. (Possibly 27, Leicester went down with 52 one year)

So to stay up on 50 points we need this:

BARNSLEY W
leicester L
CRYSTAL PALACE W
BIRMIGHAM W
watford D
cardiff L
PORTSMOUTH W
hull D
PETERBOROUGH W
bristol D
burnley D
MILLWALL W
DONCASTER W
southampton L

So to stay up on 52 points we need this:

BARNSLEY W
leicester D
CRYSTAL PALACE W
BIRMIGHAM W
watford D
cardiff D
PORTSMOUTH W
hull D
PETERBOROUGH W
bristol D
burnley D
MILLWALL W
DONCASTER W
southampton L

Who is confident of staying up?

BARNSLEY WIN
Leshtur L
CRYSTAL PALACE WIN
BIRMIGHAM L
Watford L
Cardiff L
PORTSMOUTH WIN
Hull L
PETERBOROUGH WIN
Bristol D
Burnley L
MILLWALL WIN
DONCASTER WIN
Southampton D

Think that is the very, very best we can hope for and that WILL NOT be enough. That will be a return of 19 points. That's SIX wins and a draw, which will be a fantastic return. It WON'T be enough though. I can only see one draw away and defeats for the rest. Have the Southampton game down as a draw simply because they will have either secured a play-off place and will rest players, or will have been promoted and will be in celebration mode.

skybluegod

i see us getting 6-7 wins and staying up with pompeyy gone into admin the point total will be lower for who goes down.

Regis87

Unless form and luck change drastically we are down . We need top of the table form to have any chance . New manager and some outstanding premiership loans or relegation . Time to stop believing guys .

Otis

i see us getting 6-7 wins and staying up with pompeyy gone into admin the point total will be lower for who goes down.

But why would we suddenly win 6 or 7 games after only getting 6 wins all season?

Why on earth would that happen? That's fantasy thinking to my mind.

smileycov

Facebook User
Dongonzalos, thats us relegated then thats only 17 points. 17/25 is a FAIL relegation!

Some CCFC fans have not got a clue how much trouble we are in.

Between now and the end of the season we have to win at least 7!

We have only won 6 all season like houchens head says.

How do you or anyone know we need to win 7 games at least to stay up? we are 6 points off safety, so therefore if we win 2 and draw 1 and everyone else loses we stay up! Not saying we will, however you can not say for certain we are doomed or we can not do it can you? We have won 4 out of the last 5 at home, so there's a good start. The teams around us are just as shit!! Forest we very poor on saturday, yes they beat us but i doubt they will pick up many more wins than us. We are a different team at home. I predict we get at least 6 wins at home Blues is the dodgy one! and we somehow scrape at least a draw away (though god only knows where!) we just have to see weekly how it is panning out

Otis

How do you or anyone know we need to win 7 games at least to stay up? we are 6 points off safety, so therefore if we win 2 and draw 1 and everyone else loses we stay up! Not saying we will, however you can not say for certain we are doomed or we can not do it can you? We have won 4 out of the last 5 at home, so there's a good start. The teams around us are just as shit!! Forest we very poor on saturday, yes they beat us but i doubt they will pick up many more wins than us. We are a different team at home. I predict we get at least 6 wins at home Blues is the dodgy one! and we somehow scrape at least a draw away (though god only knows where!) we just have to see weekly how it is panning out

If everyone loses all their games? Seriously?

I know what you're trying to say but that simply isn't going to happen is it. We need to win 5 games as a very minimum alongside some draws to have any chance whatsoever. I can see that maybe we can win 5 games at home possibly, but where are these draws going to come from all of a sudden? 9 straight away defeats on the trot and we still have to play some of the strongest teams in the division, many of which we have awful away records against anyway.

We have Burnley, Leshtur, Hull, Southampton, Cardiff. We pretty much traditionally lose most of those away fixtures every season anyway, no matter what team or manager we have. This season we have no away victories, just 7 goals in 16 games and 9 straight defeats on the trot.

Prepare yourself for relegation. I did a long time ago.

Otis

Was expecting a relegation scrap. When we were 7 points adrift at Christmas though, that was the time i said we were down.

Real

Some Cov fans are not the quickest on the uptake to be fair. I remember on a previous CCFC forum telling them we would be a long time before returning to the Premiership. For this I was told to support Villa, Leicester.
There was even one deluded clown named Supermac who would really throw his dummy out when I told him some plain home truths.

I only wish I could recall who it was who wanted an even money grand with me, he said we'd be promoted out of this league before we were relegated, and even though neither of us has won the bet just yet, I'd say I am well ahead on points over the seasons. Funnily enough, when he challenged me to the bet, I said we would need an independent person to hold the money, but I'd definitely take the bet, he never got back to me about it.

Otis

What also gets me is that most City fans say we don't have very good players and that the squad isn't strong enough and Thorn is doing the best he can do.

Accepting that this is all correct, why on earth would anyone believe for a single second that we can suddenly go out and win 6 games?

Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

rob9872

Lovbing all the guesses when nobody has any idea what is required. It could be 50 but equally the way some teams are going it could be significantly lower. The truth is all we need is one point or the same ponits and a better goal difference than the team who finishes 22nd.

Yes we have only won 6 all season but 4 of those were in the last 5 home games and with a little fortune we could have won the other. I have seen enough in recent performances and the new additions to suggest that most home games are winnable. I don't expect us to win every game, but there is nothing that should frighten us either.

I fully expect that we are likely to go down, but we are far from buried yet.

smileycov

Facebook User
Which was exactly my point Rob....seems if you don't conform to the masses you get slaughtered on here lately. Nobody know s how many points we need. We have been doing well at home of late, and i think the 6 games left at the Ricoh 5 are against weak opposistion, so very winnable. No one else down there are performing that well either.

smileycov

Facebook User
But why would we suddenly win 6 or 7 games after only getting 6 wins all season?

Why on earth would that happen? That's fantasy thinking to my mind.

Maybe beacuse we have won 4 out of the LAST 5 at home. So looking at the remaining 6 games at the Ricoh, 5 are winnable.
Cant see how that is fantasy

Astute

What also gets me is that most City fans say we don't have very good players and that the squad isn't strong enough and Thorn is doing the best he can do.

Accepting that this is all correct, why on earth would anyone believe for a single second that we can suddenly go out and win 6 games?

Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

We have won 4 of thr last 5 at home so why is there no chance?

We only need lots of points if other teams at the bottom get lots of points. Some don't seem to understand this though.

Sick Boy

There is a lot of head burying going on here.

We have a minimal chance of staying up. The sooner people accept it the better.

smileycov

Facebook User
Not with our shit away form it doesn't!! still may be enough to scrape through with home form alone.....time will tell

Brighton Sky Blue

We messed up a big, big opportunity last weekend, there's no escaping from that. I've said quite a lot of times that away form is what will get us relegated, and that continuing with our current away set-up, we could well match Otis' prediction of no more away points, let alone wins. Imagine that-3/69 points on the road? We've seen what happens when the team show urgency and are willing to take a bit more of a risk in their football-it puts teams on the back foot; but we wait until the game's up to start doing it. What's for sure though, is that we will not win away for all eternity with our current style.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Doomed I tells ya- DOOMED!!! :D

GraveyardCity.jpg

Stoppercurtis

The bottom four are all much the same. Don't forget they all need to pick up if they are going to stay up. Perhaps none of them will pick up and someone may stay up with only 40 points!

I'm sure many on this board remember days of old when we were down and out in the old 1st division. So nothing is impossible. Thorn must stay now as its far too late to be changing the captain of the ship. A couple of loans could make all the difference. I know it only reduces the losses (for next year) but SISU should make this investment right now as I believe the revenue from TV is only 1/3rd of what it is in the championship.

In short the current team will not keep us up but a good couple of loans might just give us a chance.

Stopper

torchomatic

To be honest, I'm pretty confident, but when you see 25 POINTS wriiten in black and white then I begin to have my doubts. To double our tally so far in half as many games is, dare I say, a ''big ask''.

Users who are viewing this thread