24 Hours in Police Custody (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

Just when I thought that last Wednesday was as bad a night as it was possible to have in Luton...

Seriously must be frightening to live in that area.

Otis

Just when I thought that last Wednesday was as bad a night as it was possible to have in Luton...

Seriously must be frightening to live in that area.
I was thinking the exact same thing. It's the level of the violence isn't it.

RedSalmon

Couldn't stand the lawyer on last nights. People who were clearly guilty, and up to something besides selling chicken - as one of the detectives said you don't make that much money from chicken, and he's bragging about how they can afford 7 or 8 expensive lawyers to defend them while police cuts mean there's only 1 or 2 people working on the case from their side.

And then to top it off the chap who had a ridiculous amount of drugs stashed at his house only got a couple of years, so presumably out in a year. For the amount of money involved no wonder people take the risk when the punishment is so poor.

The homeless chap was spot on, the approach is like buying a mop when you've got a leaking pipe. If you're not given the resources to target the problem higher up the chain you'll never get anywhere.

Whole episode was reminiscent of what's been going on in Cov in the last few years with the gangs going at each other for territory.

Felt really sorry for the Police Officer who put the case together with good hard evidence only to see them get off. He looked so dejected afterwards, how the fuck do they stay motivated to when things like that happen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

eastwoodsdustman said:

Yep...all those involved were utter scumbags.

To be fair, even though the lawyer was a proper smarmy parasite.....he must have something about him to get them 2 brothers off scott free despite all the clear CCTV evidence of them running about the street with weapons.......unbelievable really.

That's why I left accounting and why I was never interested in law.

The people that are likely to be able to pay you the most are usually the ones least deserving of your help.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that not only was I not helping, but I was actively making things worse getting these people off.

AOM

The "free chicken and chips for bent police officers" conspiracy theory made me laugh.
Ted Hastings was right all along

chiefdave

Tomorrows sounds like it will be a pretty tough watch.
Part one of a two-part report into the case of a man who sexually preyed on young people in Luton, which eventually became Bedfordshire Police's largest ever operation into historic abuse. The film begins with the work of a detective in the Child Sexual Exploitation unit, who discovers that a victim's testimony identifies a man who had been arrested eight times previously for sexual offences but had never been convicted.

AOM

Just watching the one about the assault in Luton, it’s genuinely fucked up. Some of the most disturbing footage I’ve seen.

Thought the ending was very anticlimactic and unclear. Did he even do time for the assault?!

fernandopartridge

Pretty harrowing episode tonight, newborn baby murdered.

It was mentioned in passing that the police had been called previously in relation to the father, yet no reflection at all from the police over whether they responded. Annoys me quite a lot as the police whitewash their own role at times.

RedSalmon

Pretty harrowing episode tonight, newborn baby murdered.

It was mentioned in passing that the police had been called previously in relation to the father, yet no reflection at all from the police over whether they responded. Annoys me quite a lot as the police whitewash their own role at times.

They also don't mention that as a matter of procedure they would contact Social Services to find out what they knew about the family. It is a good programme but they do not paint the whole picture.

Gint11

Anyone watch forensic police, real CSI?
It’s now on BBC I player and it’s really interesting. Worth a watch!

stupot07

Was that a new one? My virgin box thought it was a repeat from March 2021

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

I initially added how unfair it was on my original post but removed it as it would spoil the ending if others hadn’t seen it. They’re just vermin.

Otis

Just watched it. Makes absolutely no sense to me and it was terribly sad and infuriating to watch at the same time.

Just can't get my head around it at all.

chiefdave

Just watched it. Makes absolutely no sense to me and it was terribly sad and infuriating to watch at the same time.
There was a lot to be angry about but I'd really like more detail on the line they put up that the CPS decided it was in the public interest to proceed. Think you'd struggle to find many members of the public who agree with that.

Nick

Administrator
There was a list of at least 20 offences from those 2 little cunts and they still escape prison.

Makes you wonder what the point in going to work and paying for a car and car insurance / license is.

TomRad85

There was a list of at least 20 offences from those 2 little cunts and they still escape prison.

Makes you wonder what the point in going to work and paying for a car and car insurance / license is.
The only thing he did wrong was saying he regretted that they were hurt. Have no regrets mate.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

If you heard about the story for the first time and knew that one party got a suspended sentence and community service and the other, jail time, you would be saying it was the burglars that would have got the jail time and the victim, receiving the community service.

shmmeee

Should be a blanket law that you forgo all rights to sue or press charges of any sort if you were in the middle of committing certain crimes (violence, burglary, etc).

I’d go as far as the Americans and say if you’re on someone else’s property when they don’t want you all bets are off.

Users who are viewing this thread