24 Hours in Police Custody (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

At least there was some kind of justice, unlike that shit show last week.

What a horrible c**t.

chiefdave

I'm only about 15 minutes in and it's grim. I'm at the bit where she's saying he asked her Mums permission to talk to him, how is that not raising red flags?

Reactions: AOM

Otis

Just a plain wrong un. Can't see he will ever change, so even though it's 9 years away, I am very concerned that he will then be let out on licence.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

He is an absolute wrong un. I believe in the concept of rehabilitation of offenders but hard to see in this case how that might ever be achieved, he's a very very dangerous individual

Nick

Administrator
He is an absolute wrong un. I believe in the concept of rehabilitation of offenders but hard to see in this case how that might ever be achieved, he's a very very dangerous individual

He had the brass bollocks to go up to mums to ask for their kids number.

Some of the mums actually gave out / allowed their number FFS. His mates knew he was a nonce when he got taken into the station and were on about the prisons etc.

Hopefully he just gets murdered inside to be fair.

Otis

I too believe in rehabilitation, but I feel pretty certain, he would just go out and do the same thing again once he's out. He was cocky and arrogant and seemingly oblivious to the fact that he had done any wrong.

I guess he thought checking with the mums first before then raping their daughters was noble citizenship

Sky Blue Pete

The work probation and programme and education do in prisons is brilliant!

No one is a ‘wrong un’ and despite higher sentences and more people in prison than many other countries we are still failing our society by allowing people who’ve committed a crime back on the streets without the work time and support they need to leave their old actions and begin again

For what it’s worth the recidivism rate for sex offenders is much lower than the normal prison population but I know of prisoners released from cat b prisons who’ve had no support for living in the outside world and as I said earlier there are no hostel places available in the East Midlands at the moment. What hope does someone have with no house, no support structures and no money. No excuse for crime, especially violent sexual offences but I don’t know what we expect to happen. In fact I’m pretty sure we all know what happens in certain cases and it does cause we read about it

Nick

Administrator

No one is a ‘wrong un’ and despite higher sentences and more people in prison than many other countries we are still failing our society by allowing people who’ve committed a crime back on the streets without the work time and support they need to leave their old actions and begin again

For what it’s worth the recidivism rate for sex offenders is much lower than the normal prison population but I know of prisoners released from cat b prisons who’ve had no support for living in the outside world and as I said earlier there are no hostel places available in the East Midlands at the moment. What hope does someone have with no house, no support structures and no money. No excuse for crime, especially violent sexual offences but I don’t know what we expect to happen. In fact I’m pretty sure we all know what happens in certain cases and it does cause we read about it

Oh no, the poor nonce wants to be handed a house, money and everything after he has been raping kids.

It reminds me of school where the kids who are disruptive, rude and naughty get given treats and praise because they haven't called the teacher a c**t for a week.

Hopefully he gets found hanging in his cell so it's one less.

Sky Blue Pete

Oh no, the poor nonce wants to be handed a house, money and everything after he has been raping kids.

It reminds me of school where the kids who are disruptive, rude and naughty get given treats and praise because they haven't called the teacher a c**t for a week.

Hopefully he gets found hanging in his cell so it's one less.
Nick nick Nick - was he sentenced to life? If not then you need to work out what will happen when he’s released

Nick

Administrator
Nick nick Nick - was he sentenced to life? If not then you need to work out what will happen when he’s released

Why should he be given a free place to live, free food, free heating and some pocket money when he comes out? He will have already had that for a few years anyway while inside.

Meanwhile you have people working all hours through the week who manage not to rape children who struggle to get that.

It's not right.

Otis

Yeah, I get that about the wrong un. It's just a term we all use though isn't it.

Just get the feeling with this guy, because of the way he came across and the arrogance and the fact he thought it was okay to rape someone while there were actually other people in the room with him, suggests to me he will probably never ever change. Hope I'm wrong. I am sure we all do.

Sky Blue Pete

Why should he be given a free place to live, free food, free heating and some pocket money when he comes out? He will have already had that for a few years anyway while inside.

Meanwhile you have people working all hours through the week who manage not to rape children who struggle to get that.

It's not right.
That wouldn’t be right no and there’s something between the two

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, I get that about the wrong un. It's just a term we all use though isn't it.

Just get the feeling with this guy, because of the way he came across and the arrogance and the fact he thought it was okay to rape someone while there were actually other people in the room with him, suggests to me he will probably never ever change. Hope I'm wrong. I am sure we all do.
As I say the recidivism rate for sex offenders is much lower than the normal prison population. Think you’d be good doing the work I do on an independent monitoring board.

Otis

What does on licence mean, Pete, in terms of the supervision and overseeing the offender would receive? Does it involve a tag, regular checking in at police stations etc? Do you know?

As I say the recidivism rate for sex offenders is much lower than the normal prison population. Think you’d be good doing the work I do on an independent monitoring board.

Sky Blue Pete

So why do they expect to come out of prison and be given a home and have everything paid for straight away?
They expect nothing believe me.
As a society we need to give them a fighting chance otherwise what’s the point. We may as well go back a few centuries and maybe copy Iran and Qatar and start forced castration or state sanctioned murder for crimes we feel are unforgivable.
Won’t reduce crime and will lead to huge injustice but we’ll feel better about ourselves until our lives are touched by it

Sky Blue Pete

What does on licence mean, Pete, in terms of the supervision and overseeing the offender would receive? Does it involve a tag, regular checking in at police stations etc? Do you know?
Yes in its simplest form a licence is someone serving their sentence in the community. So normally a person is imprisoned for an amount of time, say 6 years and will serve 3 in prison and 3 under licence.
Licence conditions can involve anything that seeks to ensure whatever risk they pose to others is removed or more likely hugely reduced. So can include regular contact with police or probation, places the prisoner can’t go, times the person can’t be out, loss of passport, only 1 house to stay in overnight, have to ask for permission to stay at another house overnight, not allowed to see certain people or have a relationship without them knowing your crime. Not a definitive list of course
Normally victims have a say about what conditions are included.

Nick

Administrator
They expect nothing believe me.
As a society we need to give them a fighting chance otherwise what’s the point. We may as well go back a few centuries and maybe copy Iran and Qatar and start forced castration or state sanctioned murder for crimes we feel are unforgivable.
Won’t reduce crime and will lead to huge injustice but we’ll feel better about ourselves until our lives are touched by it

Oh some really expect everything. You could see how cocky this twat was. He had already been caught a few times so shouldn't have even been on the streets.

A cuddle doesn't resolve that, I understand in some instances rehab etc will work and change people to come out the other side.

eastwoodsdustman

Yes in its simplest form a licence is someone serving their sentence in the community. So normally a person is imprisoned for an amount of time, say 6 years and will serve 3 in prison and 3 under licence.
Licence conditions can involve anything that seeks to ensure whatever risk they pose to others is removed or more likely hugely reduced. So can include regular contact with police or probation, places the prisoner can’t go, times the person can’t be out, loss of passport, only 1 house to stay in overnight, have to ask for permission to stay at another house overnight, not allowed to see certain people or have a relationship without them knowing your crime. Not a definitive list of course
How strictly are theses monitored Pete? Im sure the probation service will be really stretched at the best of times and whilst i would hope that creatures such as him are given extra monitoring they wont be with him all if the time.

Sky Blue Pete

How strictly are theses monitored Pete? Im sure the probation service will be really stretched at the best of times and whilst i would hope that creatures such as him are given extra monitoring they wont be with him all if the time.
The prison system is supposed to help people gain trust and learn to live with that trust. The licence system the same. If it’s broken people are recalled and are put back in prison. That can be for missing a police check in. But your point is well made.

Otis

Cheers, Pete.

And victims can have influence over how far from their own locality the offender can be housed too?

Sky Blue Pete

Cheers, Pete.

And victims can have influence over how far from their own locality the offender can be housed too?
Yes. I’ve been involved in that side too as a victim. The balance is very difficult as I’m sure you understand and once licence conditions have passed the victims can feel shocked

AOM

Caught up with the latest upside last night, absolute scum. Really hard watching.

Clearly will never change either as he thought all the interviews were just an inconvenience.

Found it shocking when that other bloke with the hidden identity was in the police station and was laughing and joking with him referring to him as a nonce like that's what he was well known for in the area

chiefdave

Found it shocking when that other bloke with the hidden identity was in the police station and was laughing and joking with him referring to him as a nonce like that's what he was well known for in the area
It's quite often said that people like that will be taken care of in prison with the guards turning a blind eye but when you see something like that it makes you doubt it

The bit I still can't get my head around is him asking parents permission to speak to their underage daughters, and presumably getting it

AOM

It's quite often said that people like that will be taken care of in prison with the guards turning a blind eye but when you see something like that it makes you doubt it

The bit I still can't get my head around is him asking parents permission to speak to their underage daughters, and presumably getting it

Yes exactly! I can't believe any parent would be charmed and completely okay with a random older man approaching their underage daughter in town and being like "yeah that's cool"

AOM

Back for a new episode. Interesting case, but left feeling like they both probably shouldn't really have been paraded around on TV and instead needed urgent mental health support and the warning signs weren't addressed.

Guess the episode does though help to portray the crisis and how people in urgent need fall through the cracks.
Sad story, especially seeing the photos where he looked much healthier before it all went down hill

fernandopartridge

Back for a new episode. Interesting case, but left feeling like they both probably shouldn't really have been paraded around on TV and instead needed urgent mental health support and the warning signs weren't addressed.

Guess the episode does though help to portray the crisis and how people in urgent need fall through the cracks.
Sad story, especially seeing the photos where he looked much healthier before it all went down hill
I thought they did a reasonable job in some respects balancing the act with the obvious mental health problems, mixed feelings about the perpetrators. Thought the one that fired the shot looked like a shifty c**t but fair play he owned up and got his mate out of lumber. The other bloke I felt sorry for tbh.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AOM

Hertsccfc

Indeed a very sad story and really shows the impact on the lives of people of the terrible state of our public services due to underfunding. Of course that underfunding of mental health services is not just a disaster for the people who need support but also their families and as this episode shows it also impacts on all people they come into contact with.

The guys obviously needed help and support but let's not discount the impact on the other people living in the block of flats; the guy's ex and their daughter; the delivery guy and the police officer shot at.

This excellent programme just goes to show how Tory cuts are not just inhumane but also completely counter productive financially. The cost of dealing with the fall out of not providing services is much greater than that of providing proper mental health care to people who need it.

AOM

Indeed a very sad story and really shows the impact on the lives of people of the terrible state of our public services due to underfunding. Of course that underfunding of mental health services is not just a disaster for the people who need support but also their families and as this episode shows it also impacts on all people they come into contact with.

The guys obviously needed help and support but let's not discount the impact on the other people living in the block of flats; the guy's ex and their daughter; the delivery guy and the police officer shot at.

This excellent programme just goes to show how Tory cuts are not just inhumane but also completely counter productive financially. The cost of dealing with the fall out of not providing services is much greater than that of providing proper mental health care to people who need it.

Yep, definitely agree about the impact on the people around them as well.
So horrible seeing the delivery guy being backed into a corner by both of them.

Was thinking when they were looking around the hallway to see who kicked their door, if anyone happened to be unlucky enough to walk around the corner, they'd have been shot on sight

chiefdave

Very sad episode really. The one guy in particular it shows you how quickly things can fall apart. Not sure years in jail was really the answer to either of the mens issues.

Sad state of affairs when you're trying to get help and the only person you can turn to is someone with equally as bad mental health issues.
Of course that underfunding of mental health services is not just a disaster for the people who need support but also their families and as this episode shows it also impacts on all people they come into contact with.
And the police themselves. One of the things that popped up on screen was that a third of police time is spent dealing with mental health issues.

So you've got people not getting the treatment they need as the only people who they come into contact with aren't qualified to deal with them while at the same time leaving the police unable to deal with actual crime as they're dealing with the fallout from savage cuts to mental health services.

Users who are viewing this thread