24 Hours in Police Custody (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I had a similar issue, an off road bike hit my car on the road. No helmets, no license, no tax, no insurance, no MOT etc.

Police rang me up asking me to go to the station because they accused me of stealing their bike but then said they couldn't prove who was riding it. (Even though they knew exactly who it was).

Little tramps know exactly how to play the game, like with their no comment all the way through where the poor bloke was just trying to explain what happened.

eastwoodsdustman

The issue was that he drove after them down the road. Not just chased them off. You can take the law into your own hands especially away from your own property. As for the scrotes, says it all that they were out on the rob within 4 weeks of coming out of hospital.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In the spirit of SBT, the CPS are a massive burden on this country.

I can't watch the episode because it's just going to infuriate me, but reading accounts of various police officers reacting to this, they are essentially saying it's got to the point it's almost worthless to go after criminals. Others saying they are looking to leave their respective forces.

Total joke.

fernandopartridge

In the spirit of SBT, the CPS are a massive burden on this country.

I can't watch the episode because it's just going to infuriate me, but reading accounts of various police officers reacting to this, they are essentially saying it's got to the point it's almost worthless to go after criminals. Others saying they are looking to leave their respective forces.

Total joke.

The CPS has nothing to do with this, both parties were charged.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The CPS made the decision to prosecute. It was the judge that decided on the sentence, in the case of the burglars giving them a suspended sentence in light of their injuries.

Fine, I should have been more clear in my post.

The justice system in general is a massive burden on this country. That includes both the CPS itself, and the judges defining the sentences. Several people on this thread have their own stories with it as well. It really isn't good.

NorthernWisdom

I’d go as far as the Americans and say if you’re on someone else’s property when they don’t want you all bets are off.
I guess that's where the argument comes in though, that they were no longer on their property and he should have given up and gone home once they'd run.

It's where a catch-all unfortunately sometimes catches people it shouldn't, as was it against the law? Yep. Was it possibly OTT to continue to chase? Yep. Would everyone like to think they'd do similar? Probably!

Otis

The issue was that he drove after them down the road. Not just chased them off. You can take the law into your own hands especially away from your own property. As for the scrotes, says it all that they were out on the rob within 4 weeks of coming out of hospital.
Yup, I fully understand you can't take the law into your own hands, but you have to allow for mitigating circumstances and that the victim had never been in any kind of trouble whatsoever and the fact that these guys turned up with a crowbar and a bolt cutter.

Whatever the outcome, the two burglars should have received a harsher sentence than the householder.

shmmeee

I guess that's where the argument comes in though, that they were no longer on their property and he should have given up and gone home once they'd run.

It's where a catch-all unfortunately sometimes catches people it shouldn't, as was it against the law? Yep. Was it possibly OTT to continue to chase? Yep. Would everyone like to think they'd do similar? Probably!

Current law I think is that you have to stop when you no longer fear for your life. And I’m not supporting vigilante justice. But honestly you go out on the rob and get run over by a victim. Cry more.

NorthernWisdom

Current law I think is that you have to stop when you no longer fear for your life. And I’m not supporting vigilante justice. But honestly you go out on the rob and get run over by a victim. Cry more.
Yeah, I'm not arguing that tbh. I can see why he may well have got convicted though. Ironically the main issue is a problem with prescriptive sentences and inflexible guidelines, isn't it.

shmmeee

Yeah, I'm not arguing that tbh. I can see why he may well have got convicted though. Ironically the main issue is a problem with prescriptive sentences and inflexible guidelines, isn't it.

Yeah if I’m being sensible I can totally see why he got convicted. Though surely you can argue without the original crime his wouldn’t have happened? So they should bear some culpability in sentencing?

NorthernWisdom

Yeah if I’m being sensible I can totally see why he got convicted. Though surely you can argue without the original crime his wouldn’t have happened? So they should bear some culpability in sentencing?
Yup, back to guidelines isn't it. You can rationally argue if he was driving that dangerously, he'd have also been a danger to an innocent party in it all if they were about at the wrong time, and then the reaction would have been very different - and that's where there needs more flexibility to take into account circumstance however, isn't it.

The suing him afterwards totally takes the piss however, and deserves a serious beating from somebody! Hopefully the police don't notice that one!

better days

They're suing him for £1m, apparently they're all over TikTok tonight bragging about it
Utter scum
How the hell did any jury of decent people find him guilty?
I wouldn't have
Crowd fund for an appeal for the hero?

chiefdave

I can see why he was charged, although the way they were discussing it and if there had been a point at which he could reasonably have stopped and thought about what he was doing, but equally if he had never been charged I don't think anyone would be complaining.

The bigger issue is the sentence which seems OTT for the circumstances. You then add in they two career criminals, one of whom was quite openly talking on camera about how he'd given up work as a life of crime made him more money, basically got off with nothing and you can see what's made people so angry.

Then add into the mix that the two idiots were boasting about it on social media and are suing him for £1m, which it seems very likely they'll get a large out of court settlement for, and it just seems so back to front.

What was never explained was why it was considering in the public interest to charge him. Also was no explanation of why the criminal got minimal sentences as their injuries were taken into consideration yet this bloke has lost everything, including his unborn child, why was that not taken into consideration?

Sky Blue Pete

Not watched it but anarchy is not good. There are examples around the world. How injured were they? The measure for me would be what would have happened had the police caught them how he did? They might have been suspended I wonder if they’d have lost their jobs and been imprisoned. I doubt it

chiefdave

Not watched it but anarchy is not good. There are examples around the world. How injured were they? The measure for me would be what would have happened had the police caught them how he did? They might have been suspended I wonder if they’d have lost their jobs and been imprisoned. I doubt it
its definitely worth a watch. you're right, I very much doubt the police would have lost their jobs in the same situation.

also worth pointing out if you haven't seen in that they interviewed a neighbour on camera who spoke about the numerous times he'd been burgled, had his van broken into etc. the problem is this happens repeatedly and the victims see nothing being done then eventually a member of the public will do something.

day after day on my local Facebook group there's cctv of people wandering round at night trying to break into cars and houses and the police aren't even interested in looking at the footage much less actually trying to catch anyone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A Go Fund Me has been set up for this bloke and his family, made absolutely tons already. How many other cases like this will there be?

You can argue until the cows come home that what he did was wrong, but more and more people are going to take the law into their own hands if society feels that the justice system is not fit for purpose. I would say the sentences in this case pretty much proves that it isn't, so how can anyone blame him for doing what he did?

The whole thing infuriates me, and as I said above, how many other cases like this are there? So many stories where people haven't taken the law into their own hands and played by the book, only to be let down as well.

Otis

A Go Fund Me has been set up for this bloke and his family, made absolutely tons already. How many other cases like this will there be?

You can argue until the cows come home that what he did was wrong, but more and more people are going to take the law into their own hands if society feels that the justice system is not fit for purpose. I would say the sentences in this case pretty much proves that it isn't, so how can anyone blame him for doing what he did?

The whole thing infuriates me, and as I said above, how many other cases like this are there? So many stories where people haven't taken the law into their own hands and played by the book, only to be let down as well.
So glad a Go Fund Me has been set up. I will take a look at it. 👍

TomRad85

2 career criminals, serve no purpose to society. Lock them up for good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

2 career criminals, serve no purpose to society. Lock them up for good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I would much rather we sent THEM to the likes of Rwanda than the boat people making their way over to our shores.

Marty

Judge and jury should be ashamed of themselves. Lowlife scum deserved it and more, the world would be a better place if they were both dead.

The police are useless as well, they give out crime numbers but have no interest in doing anything. No wonder more people are taking things into their own hands.

Sky Blue Pete

Judge and jury should be ashamed of themselves. Lowlife scum deserved it and more, the world would be a better place if they were both dead.

The police are useless as well, they give out crime numbers but have no interest in doing anything. No wonder more people are taking things into their own hands.
Need to be careful what we wish for. Would be better to fund all aspects of the justice system from police to solicitors than say do what you like to any would be hero

Otis

Need to be careful what we wish for. Would be better to fund all aspects of the justice system from police to solicitors than say do what you like to any would be hero
Needs a better balance. Fed up of victims ending up in more trouble than the perpetrators.

This bloke clearly went too far, but you have to understand the circumstances and make allowances for his completely clean record and that these criminals came all tooled up.

With criminal records as long as your arm, the fact they came armed, you would have thought they would have been behind bars for this.

Sky Blue Pete

Needs a better balance. Fed up of victims ending up in more trouble than the perpetrators.

This bloke clearly went too far, but you have to understand the circumstances and make allowances for his completely clean record and that these criminals came all tooled up.

With criminal records as long as your arm, the fact they came armed, you would have thought they would have been behind bars for this.
Don’t disagree
To be fair if you have money or influence you’ve never had to suffer consequence to your criminal actions

fernandopartridge

Justice system is fucked. Law too complex for non lawyers to understand, lawyers ridiculously expensive and legal aid virtually impossible to get.
Access to legal aid is a cornerstone to a properly functioning criminal justice system but you know who has destroyed it.

Genuinely don't know why certain Labour MPs have tweeted about Tories not standing in the next election with warm words. These people are scumbags and should be treated as such.

shmmeee

Access to legal aid is a cornerstone to a properly functioning criminal justice system but you know who has destroyed it.

Genuinely don't know why certain Labour MPs have tweeted about Tories not standing in the next election with warm words. These people are scumbags and should be treated as such.

I mean they’re leaving cos the Tories are fucked cos Labour fucked them. Which matters more than nice words on Twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread