21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (2 Viewers)

skybluegod

Still looking at the free agent market it seems. Should give this thread some extra legs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Robins literally says in his interview that there is no money for it, and that he won't be pushing the club for money that isn't there.

And that he's happy with what he's got.

TomRad85

Robins literally says in his interview that there is no money for it, and that he won't be pushing the club for money that isn't there.

And that he's happy with what he's got.
He actually doesn't say there's no money for it, he says he won't be asking for money that's not there or putting on pressure. That isn't saying there's no money.
Also there's the possibility of one or two hopefully moving on which frees up more money.

skybluegod

He actually doesn't say there's no money for it, he says he won't be asking for money that's not there or putting on pressure. That isn't saying there's no money.
Also there's the possibility of one or two hopefully moving on which frees up more money.

“If we had the funds to do that.”

That literally means we don't have the money for it. Yes if we move players on there might be. But that likely isn't going to be until January where he has already mentioned he may look to do more business.

Tea & Busquets

Melvin Sitti is available after being released by Norwich, still pretty young and was being monitored by United before signing with Norwich, could be worth a shout if Elliot Watt doesn’t come to fruition.

SlowerThanPlatt

Melvin Sitti is available after being released by Norwich, still pretty young and was being monitored by United before signing with Norwich, could be worth a shout if Elliot Watt doesn’t come to fruition.

The manager has said he’s happy with the midfield options

As for the suggestion as to whether he can also provide cover in midfield, Robins said: “I have got good midfield players so I have not brought him in to do that.

“With the midfield players we have got, and we have got Ryan Howley there as well, I’d prefer to do that. It’s round pegs in round holes as much as we possibly can do but we have a number of good players in there.

TomRad85

“If we had the funds to do that.”

That literally means we don't have the money for it. Yes if we move players on there might be. But that likely isn't going to be until January where he has already mentioned he may look to do more business.
OK sure, if that's how you read it you crack on. I'll be careful next time I attempt conversation on a forum.

higgs

Is he still playing in Ireland?
He is he did well with bohs was talks of him going back to UK but got a move to Dundalk the champions at the time but don't think it has worked out as well as he would have like there was on bench last I heard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Wonder if it's worth just agreeing settlements with Hilssner and the rest of the bomb squad to help them find clubs and get them off the wage bill sooner?

Skybluedownunder

reminds me of when we signed Darragh Leahy if anyone remembers him, Reid has played decently on a much higher stage before we signed him compared to Leahy so hopefully that’s an indicator of his breaking out?

More like Stuart Urquhart who we picked up from Rangers academy when they went down the pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBAndy

OK sure, if that's how you read it you crack on. I'll be careful next time I attempt conversation on a forum.

The impression I got from listening to the presser yesterday was that we had no funds. He did also say he’s happy with what he’s got - though it wouldn’t be the first time he’s kept his cards close to his chest and done the opposite. I’d be surprised if we make any moves (excluding u23s) before January.

skybluegod

Wonder if it's worth just agreeing settlements with Hilssner and the rest of the bomb squad to help them find clubs and get them off the wage bill sooner?

Issue is now that they would only be able to sign for clubs in countries where the transfer window is still open. At least until January that is.

It would be good if we could I agree. Even if it only saves us 10% of their wages over the course of the season. I don't imagine they will have many suitors come January either. But the ball is in their court. Why would they accept less money at this point in time, especially in case if they get injured etc once they terminate they would have to recover individually. Whereas if they get injured whilst still training with us we have to cover that.

skybluegod

The impression I got from listening to the presser yesterday was that we had no funds. He did also say he’s happy with what he’s got - though it wouldn’t be the first time he’s kept his cards close to his chest and done the opposite. I’d be surprised if we make any moves (excluding u23s) before January.

Exactly this, when you listen to the interview and the context of the response it is much clearer.

TomRad85

I thought it was a classic vague Robins response, never gives too much away.
Not saying we will defo try for anyone, more just putting the question out on here if anyone would fancy any of the free agents?

skybluegod

They would be free agents and could sign any time couldn’t they?

Not in England. If you are released outside of the transfer window you can't then sign for another club until the transfer window reopens. Hence why mason was terminated on Dealdine day so he can potentially find a new club before Jan.

They could sign for a club whose transfer window is still open abroad but I'm not sure whose are still open.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not in England. If you are released outside of the transfer window you can't then sign for another club until the transfer window reopens. Hence why mason was terminated on Dealdine day so he can potentially find a new club before Jan.

They could sign for a club whose transfer window is still open abroad but I'm not sure whose are still open.

Didn’t realise the rules were that restrictive now to be honest, fair enough. Though I did think the lower German leagues where Hilssner would likely go could do it.

Garryb80

Didn’t realise the rules were that restrictive now to be honest, fair enough. Though I did think the lower German leagues where Hilssner would likely go could do it.
Fairly sure its a blanket rule across football. Any contracted player at the close of the window can not sign for another club even if released until the next window opens.

procdoc

That fact that we didn’t then turn around and use that money elsewhere.

TBH Robins has some blame here as well. If our budget is that low blowing most of it on two strikers was reckless.
Both strikers scored yesterday, another classic post from you

better days

I think they can still sign for non-league clubs though SBG
One or two in the bomb squad would probably accept a loan to National League side given the chance

Bugsy

Terry Gibson's perm

Probably not tall enough for McCarthy, I thought they might have waited a few weeks to see how safe McCarthy is before getting rid of a player. Chris Hughton must be waiting in the wings to be the next dinosaur manager they appoint.

SlowerThanPlatt

I watched him play must be two years back now against our 23s. Was sent off after half an hour and the younger players looked embarrassed by him

slowpoke

Decent player aswell Wonder what's happened there.

Probably not tall enough for McCarthy, I thought they might have waited a few weeks to see how safe McCarthy is before getting rid of a player. Chris Hughton must be waiting in the wings to be the next dinosaur manager they appoint.
If McCarthy is due for sacking it will be now giving two weeks for a replacement to get some sort of influence going I read somewhere Mark Hughes could be a contender.
Taffys sticking together perhaps.

Terry Gibson's perm

If McCarthy is due for sacking it will be now giving two weeks for a replacement to get some sort of influence going I read somewhere Mark Hughes could be a contender.
Taffys sticking together perhaps.

Let’s hope they go for Hughes another expensive failure

Users who are viewing this thread