21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Did we take our interest in any of those U23 trialist like Alabi further?

Plus what about the supposed sale of Tyler to Brighton?

SlowerThanPlatt

Did we take our interest in any of those U23 trialist like Alabi further?

Plus what about the supposed sale of Tyler to Brighton?

Alabi Instagram bio says he’s a professional footballer at Coventry City :unsure: the Tyler deal was done to my knowledge hence why we’ve been trialing a new 23s keeper. Can 23s be signed anytime but not registered for the first team?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Alabi Instagram bio says he’s a professional footballer at Coventry City :unsure: the Tyler deal was done to my knowledge hence why we’ve been trialing a new 23s keeper. Can 23s be signed anytime but not registered for the first team?

Would they still be allowed to play U23's if not registered with the club? I assume they could have them down as a trialist but i think there's a maximum time limit for a player to be on trial.

SlowerThanPlatt

Would they still be allowed to play U23's if not registered with the club? I assume they could have them down as a trialist but i think there's a maximum time limit for a player to be on trial.

Not sure…the guy seems to think he’s been signed for about a month now but hasn’t played for the 23s in their first games or been announced by the club

Sky Blue Harry H

Not gone anywhere, but notice Colby Bishop scored both goals in a 2-2 draw with Barrow today (Ipswich and PNE sniffing around him) He's a real tough nut and reminds me of Lucas Juke (lazy spelling) at Blues. Still early 20s and may be worth a look at. Not a pacy player, but looks horrible to play against and knows where the net is.

junglej13

Not gone anywhere, but notice Colby Bishop scored both goals in a 2-2 draw with Barrow today (Ipswich and PNE sniffing around him) He's a real tough nut and reminds me of Lucas Juke (lazy spelling) at Blues. Still early 20s and may be worth a look at. Not a pacy player, but looks horrible to play against and knows where the net is.
Signed him from Leamington as well.

TomRad85

They’ve got a good record of progressing strikers into or back into pro football. Bishop mentioned above, Josh March and Baker-Richardson. Before that Jacob Blyth I think
Danny Newton was Leam too, although via Tamworth to get to football league.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

So, despite all the wind-up attempts.........(@Greggs, we're looking at you), we actually kept hold of our most important players this window.
Mind you, my mind was set at ease when big DB said "no way" are we selling anybody at teatime on the last day!!!!
He obviously hasn't looked at past history of the City, but good to think the management are all on the same page. Onwards and upwards. PUSB

Greggs

So, despite all the wind-up attempts.........(@Greggs, we're looking at you), we actually kept hold of our most important players this window.
Mind you, my mind was set at ease when big DB said "no way" are we selling anybody at teatime on the last day!!!!
He obviously hasn't looked at past history of the City, but good to think the management are all on the same page. Onwards and upwards. PUSB
Robert, i was just passing on the information that i made up ;)

better days

Reid had offers but the club wouldn’t let him go. Disappointing as doesn’t look like he’s going to be in consideration here even if Maatsen gets an injury
Interesting
I heard Hull City were also looking at Shippers and there was talk of Portsmouth doing the same
The lad himself wants to play so it's possible the club wanted a fee to allow him to move
I've not seen comparison numbers but I got the felling there was less movement between clubs apart from in the PL on the final day in this window

SlowerThanPlatt

Interesting
I heard Hull City were also looking at Shippers and there was talk of Portsmouth doing the same
The lad himself wants to play so it's possible the club wanted a fee to allow him to move
I've not seen comparison numbers but I got the felling there was less movement between clubs apart from in the PL on the final day in this window

Da Costa I imagine is in the same scenario as Hilssner and Jobello now?

Deity

Interesting
Premier league clubs spent £1.2bn. EFL clubs under £40m, down on the £180m of 2 years ago.

higgs

I saw the posh chairman on sky sports saying there is a recession on in the football league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

I guess Drysdale didn't go out due to injury, can't imagine we'd be loaning him to a NL league.
Wonder where Reid had offers for?

Users who are viewing this thread